Is it true that in Mumbai Housing societies segregrate based on religion ?

Texy

Belongs to 1% Most of my Brahmin friends eat egg and chicken so who knows
me and my frnds made our brahmin friends by mixing chicken into mushroom :evil: since they crossed the diet event horizon, they continue to eat meat as they stuck in point of no return.

Not only religion. But case' date=' sect, habits, food intake, bachelorhood etc. But this all secular discrimination.[/quote'] + gazillion I literally have to bring parents along for a few weeks and have their name and hastakshar on the society form every time I move so that the society believes I'm a family guy and not some jaahil i.e. bachelor living by myself. Thankfully they do not discriminate in terms of religion since there are minorities in the building.

Discrimination on grounds of religions exists in housing societies. That's a reality. But it is just one ground of descrimination. Discrimination also exists on basis of marital status, region, food habits, driniking habits, what you wear, how is your hair cut. You can call it discrimination or can call it choices of house owners which they have all the rights to exercise.

Discrimination on grounds of religions exists in housing societies. That's a reality. But it is just one ground of descrimination. Discrimination also exists on basis of marital status' date=' region, food habits, driniking habits, what you wear, how is your hair cut. You can call it discrimination or can call it choices of house owners which they have all the rights to exercise.[/quote'] There is a difference between a house owner refusing someone a house and a society banning people.

^ Societies dont have power to ban anything and everything. People protest and people understand, consensus and accommodate. Everyone is happy. But Offcourse a person can be complete n00b and disregard everything, do whatever he likes till his tenancy ends. No one goes and beats up that person.

^ Societies dont have power to ban anything and everything. People protest and people understand, consensus and accommodate. Everyone is happy. But Offcourse a person can be complete n00b and disregard everything, do whatever he likes till his tenancy ends. No one goes and beats up that person.
So you eventually realized that you are not great. Good on you :two_thumbs_up: We always knew that.

When a owner sells his flat to a potential buyer, he needs to get approval from the co-operative society committe before he can proceed with the transaction. The society can deny permisson which can prevent the transaction. In a way this is a good thing, since the person selling the house will not care much about the background of the buyer as long as he is getting a good amount for his flat.

Muslim woman alleges she was asked to vacate Mumbai flat because of her religion May be another drama by this wannabe model to gain publicity. Apparently there are other Muslim families living in that building, if there is discrimination against Muslims how the hell did they get accommodation there. Not surprising that she is an AAP volunteer. Filled in her FB page are anti Modi,anti BJP, anti Ramdev, anti Subramaniam Swamy, pro Pakistani,pro Hurriyat,Azaad Kashmir, Akbaruddin Owaisi,AAP,Kejriwal likes and messages. She even liked I hate Indian cricket team :cantstop:. After people started pointing these things out she deleted all her message history(up to 2013) and her likes went down from 2300+ to 1700 in a matter of an hour :hysterical:. She still likes Pakistan Cricket Team, Afridi, anti Modi, anti BJP though. If these people hate India so much why are they still living here. MSM has picked this story and are giving their own masala. Since majority didn't buy the fabricated church attacks BS the focus shifts back to Muslims and their imaginary sufferings in Modi's India.Liberals on twitter have gone berserk with Rana Ayyub and Kavita Krishnan already penning down their opinion pieces in no time. :haha: http://www.hindustantimes.com/mumbai/muslim-woman-alleges-being-thrown-out-of-mumbai-flat-because-of-her-religion/article1-1351720.aspx http://www.firstpost.com/india/now-woman-claims-broker-denied-her-flat-in-mumbai-because-she-is-a-muslim-2264880.html http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/muslim-woman-misbah-quadri-denied-flat-mumbai-mba-zeeshan-khan/1/440476.html
MSM is always looking for stories like these to highlight the "plight of poor innocent Muslims". The fact of the matter is that everybody likes to live amongst their own people. Marathi people in Mumbai like living with other Marathi people. Gujjus/Jains like living amongst themselves. As a Marathi non vegeterian guy, if I go to a Jain/Gujju housing society in Mumbai, I will also be outrightly rejected. Yes, Maharashtrian guy will be rejected in Maharashtra. Sounds shocking? But no MSM will ever report anything like that. There are many Muslim dominated areas in Mumbai. These are mostly ghetto areas. The alleged victim in this article and similar other educated Muslims don't want to live in such ghetto areas so they prefer living in the Hindu dominated housing societies. And when even one of them gets rejected, they raise a big hue and cry and MSM is ready to paint their stories all over their channels. Sigh!

When a owner sells his flat to a potential buyer, he needs to get approval from the co-operative society committe before he can proceed with the transaction. The society can deny permisson which can prevent the transaction. In a way this is a good thing, since the person selling the house will not care much about the background of the buyer as long as he is getting a good amount for his flat.
The thing is that if you sell you flat to anyone and he becomes the owner no society cant stop him from living there as the right to equality and other rights like Art 14,15,19,24 of tne constitution override these society acts. Its not long before someone actually moves the court and the society acts is struck down.

There you go.... Just within a couple of hours of my post, here's an article about how a Marathi guy was denied a flat in Mumbai. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/mumbai/Intolerant-society-Marathi-man-denied-flat-in-veg-only-tower-in-Mumbai/articleshow/47476428.cms Extract:

MUMBAI: Flat buyers and tenants in the city have long known to be discriminated against on the basis of their food preferences and non-vegetarians discreetly kept out of several housing societies, even areas. But a 27-year-old businessman was taken aback to learn he couldn't buy a flat as he was a 'Maharashtrian'. Vaibhav Rahate tried to book a flat in an upcoming high-rise at Malad West earlier this month and was reportedly told the apartments were not for sale to "Maharashtrians, Muslims and other non-vegetarian buyers".

Hope Barkha Dutt runs hour long debates on her "secular" NDTV show about how Mr. Rahate faced discrimination despite being Maharashtrian in Maharashtra.
Forget about her and her ilk, corrupt crooks who will never change. Even resident ICF secularists will skip this news because it doesn't help their agenda.

There you go.... Just within a couple of hours of my post, here's an article about how a Marathi guy was denied a flat in Mumbai. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/mumbai/Intolerant-society-Marathi-man-denied-flat-in-veg-only-tower-in-Mumbai/articleshow/47476428.cms Extract:
Shivsena where ar thou?Take up the issue of the Marathi Manoos.