Virat Kohli, our future batting stalwart and the future Indian Captain

Cricketics

Virat has impressed me a lot. He exceeded expectations in Sri Lanka and now, he's turned in a match-saving, possibly match-winning performance. He was a touch disappointing in IPL, but he's well and truly back in contention now. If he keeps performing like this, he's almost certain to replace Rohit Sharma in ODIs and is a threat to Raina too.

'tics clearly you are a strong supporter of Kohli .. and you probably even know him personally What is your take on reports that he is arrogant? Is he open to suggestions/quick learner etc? Also, when we first saw Yuvi or Raina, we clearly saw that those guys had something special in them. Does Kohli belong to that category or does he belong to the category of Dravid? (not flamboyant in stroke making but a genuine match saver or winner) We all agree that his bowling sucks. So he will play purely as a batsman and a fielder. Do you agree? I know your answers may be biased but still want to hear your point of view.

I see shades of Dravid in Kohli especially when he plays on the leg side. I wonder if Dravid is his favourite cricketer. IMO' date=' he needs to bat up the order but there doesnt seem to any room at the top order.[/quote'] yep.he needs time to build his innngs .he is not a "hit the ground running"kind of a player.he can definitely score at a run a ball easily once he gets his eye in.the problem is that our top is very crowded with viru,gautam and sachin.i feel he is wasted down the order .
'tics clearly you are a strong supporter of Kohli .. and you probably even know him personally What is your take on reports that he is arrogant? Is he open to suggestions/quick learner etc? Also, when we first saw Yuvi or Raina, we clearly saw that those guys had something special in them. Does Kohli belong to that category or does he belong to the category of Dravid? (not flamboyant in stroke making but a genuine match saver or winner) We all agree that his bowling sucks. So he will play purely as a batsman and a fielder. Do you agree? I know your answers may be biased but still want to hear your point of view.
Online, Kohli is definately open to suggestion. He has high respect for players like Laxman, Dravid, Tendulkar, Ganguly etc. He is not arrogant. He just looks like it. Just a punjabi attitude in him. You will see him cheering for anyone who gets wicket weather its Rp Singh or whether its Yusuf Pathan. Livewire in the field. Kohli doesn't have single speciality. He is special in many wayz. Can change batting gears and can be a Jonty Rhodes of India on his day for India outclassing all his team mates on field. He is very well suited for test match cricket I must say though currently there is no room for him to make it into the 11. His bowling is not that bad. Though is not that great either. I don't know how people have made a judgement on his bowling. He barely bowled 3 overs. He is one of those bowlers who can quickly bowl overs in middle of the innings to put pressure on the opposition and can be a wicket taker a

Agreed Kohli should be a regular in the ODI team..I would say he should permanently replae Yusuf in the side..his batting is a LOT more dependable. So once we have Viru and Yuvi back..our 7 batsmen must be Sachin Sehwag Gautam Yuvraj Raina Dhoni Kohli. Its unfortunate that he will have to bat lower down the order...but with the top order being what it is..he will have to put up with it until Sachin retires.

Online, Kohli is definately open to suggestion. He has high respect for players like Laxman, Dravid, Tendulkar, Ganguly etc. He is not arrogant. He just looks like it. Just a punjabi attitude in him. You will see him cheering for anyone who gets wicket weather its Rp Singh or whether its Yusuf Pathan. Livewire in the field. Kohli doesn't have single speciality. He is special in many wayz. Can change batting gears and can be a Jonty Rhodes of India on his day for India outclassing all his team mates on field. He is very well suited for test match cricket I must say though currently there is no room for him to make it into the 11. His bowling is not that bad. Though is not that great either. I don't know how people have made a judgement on his bowling. He barely bowled 3 overs. He is one of those bowlers who can quickly bowl overs in middle of the innings to put pressure on the opposition and can be a wicket taker a
I have not seen him play enough innings to say anything, but I was watching the highlights of WIndies game and one of the commentators mentioned that Kohli needs to be able to change gears to more than just gear 1 and 5. He needs to learn that at times you can play in gear 2 or 3 as well. Again I didn't see the WIndies game, so I'm not sure what exactly he is refering to, but I'm assuming he was either blocking or swinging the bat
tics always supports all delhi players only what abt other players supporting threads.....yeh toh saaf saaf partiality hai bhai bambaiya khiladiyo se kya dushmani hai aapki ticx bhai
It was me who supported Rohit Sharma, Raina etc. I don't support or create thread on all Delhi players. It has been only Virat and Gautam in past 2 years who were being sidelined and hence i supported them a lot