Greg Chappell -- symbol of evil

Desi Cartman

Greg Chappell -- symbol of evil  

1. 1.

Do you guys think its morally correct to do this after coaching India till 18 months ago

Australia have enlisted the help of the former India coach Greg Chappell as they prepare to defend the Border-Gavaskar Trophy away from home. Chappell is travelling with the Australia squad as an assistant coach and he will pass on plenty of advice to the players and support staff about cricket and life in India. "It's good to be involved this time," Chappell told the Herald Sun. "Obviously it's a transition period and always an exciting time. "I'll have the opportunity to work with some of the young players. Just talk about the conditions in India, generally, will be part of the role, just what to expect in India, conditions, weather, food - all those different things. "We'll be talking about the whole strategy involving bowling and batting in India. There will be discussions certainly with the coaching staff and probably with the individuals." Chappell was the coach of India from 2005 to 2007 and still works with the Rajasthan Cricket Academy. The new role touring with Australia follows his appointment as the head coach at the Centre of Excellence in Brisbane. "It's a role that the Centre of Excellence head does from time to time," Chappell said. "Tim Nielsen obviously did it with the team on various occasions when he was with the academy, so it's no different to the past. Some people will want to make it look different, but it's not." Chappell's inclusion in the off-field staff will be a major boost for a squad that has only four men who have played a Test in India: Ricky Ponting, Matthew Hayden, Michael Clarke and Simon Katich. The Australians arrived in Jaipur on Monday and they will have two warm-up games before the Test series begins on October 9.
australia talking to chappell for strategy? good for india. i think aussies shud only listen to his advice n lose
:two_thumbs_up: we cant stop him from giving advise to australian team... who cares anyways? good that he dint continue as coach when we toured australia last year. otherwise we wouldn't have won the perth test and probably wudn't have got into the finals of CB series.
im surprised to see that there is no reaction from BCCI on this. If he coached india say 2-3 years ago then I would be ok with it but this guy was discussing weakness and strategies with the same XI just 18 months ago.
I agree with you, that's total BS you can't go and switch sides like that you let a guy into the camp, he knows many player weaknesses and team strategies and then he goes to give that information to the opposition

mods... pls include one more option in the poll. "dont care". whether greg is selling the vital information he has abt the players or not.. its not going to hve any impact on the way this series is going to pan out. it depends on whether out guys are going to stand up to the challenge and play to their potential. the topic of this thread is not worth discussing.

mods... pls include one more option in the poll. "dont care". whether greg is selling the vital information he has abt the players or not.. its not going to hve any impact on the way this series is going to pan out. it depends on whether out guys are going to stand up to the challenge and play to their potential. the topic of this thread is not worth discussing.
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Just wondering what made you post then ?
:hysterical::giggle:

There's not a lot Chappell can do. Most of our players have been around for a while, so its not as though the Aussie players dont know about them. But, having interacted with our batsman at a personal level, he maybe privy to some information that could potentiall cause some damage, but our batsman are too experienced to allow that to affect them badly.

Namak Haram! It is shocking that this has been allowed. He is also working as a coach in Rajisthan ..???Is he working under the BCCI? BCCI should object to this. Seriously...what a Namak Haraam!
He is a professional. When Wright was the coach and we played NZ, was he being a NH then? Now, he is working with NZ at some coaching level and he will naturally give input when NZ plays India. GC is working as a coach for Rajasthan IPL team. It is a big difference. IPL has nothing to do with Test cricket played between two national teams. I don't understand the outrage. I think he will help Aus in a being a nuisance to Indian senior players. That is all. All other input is bulldung.
Namak Haram! It is shocking that this has been allowed. He is also working as a coach in Rajisthan ..???Is he working under the BCCI? BCCI should object to this. Seriously...what a Namak Haraam!
Oh please, what utter rubbish. This is professional sport. I'm sure if the BCCI had paid Bruce Reid a nice chunk of money to coach their bowlers on an Indian tour, you wouldn't have complained a bit. Actually, that happened and I don't recollect you going up in arms and abusing Reid. This is very smart from Australia, and not something new. I applauded when they got Troy Cooley from England right after his contract expired, and this is no different. Just wish the BCCI would be as pro-active, rather than waiting 8 months to appoint a bowling coach through several committees, conferences and more sub-committees. [india should recall Ganguly just for the psychological edge v. Chappell]

Greg Chappell -- symbol of evil Recently read somewhere that Rajasthan cricket association has given team OZ 10 different practice pitches so that their bowler can practice on several different surfaces and create strategy for team India. Apparently Guru Greg helped convince RCA to give australia top facilities and better preparation pitches since he is associated with RCA himself and knows quite a few top guns there. My question is do Team India gets all these resources when they tour Aus? or anywhere else? Why is RCA being traitors? and why is BCCI not doing anything abt this? Hate Greg Chappell