Indian success more to do with luck than skill: Ponting

Feed

Here we go...another one The success of Mahendra Singh Dhoni as Indian cricket captain is a combination of some skill and loads of good fortune, feels senior Pakistan batsman Younis Khan, who says it would be interesting to see how he fares once his luck runs out.Younis, who returned with the Pakistan team from Abu Dhabi last night, said Dhoni has been very lucky as captain http://www.ptinews.com/pti%5Cptisite.nsf/0/A52F58F4844FCE5D6525750500361E0B?OpenDocument :hysterical:

Here we go...another one The success of Mahendra Singh Dhoni as Indian cricket captain is a combination of some skill and loads of good fortune, feels senior Pakistan batsman Younis Khan, who says it would be interesting to see how he fares once his luck runs out.Younis, who returned with the Pakistan team from Abu Dhabi last night, said Dhoni has been very lucky as captain http://www.ptinews.com/pti%5Cptisite.nsf/0/A52F58F4844FCE5D6525750500361E0B?OpenDocument :hysterical:
751587.jpg Accompanying photo of Eunice during the interview.
Guys at least bother to read the whole thing before replying' date=' the statement was made just AFTER India's 20/20 WC win and not now. That does not make it right but its not like Ponting said these things after the recent test loss.[/quote'] yeah i know... but we were easily the better 20-20 side. and save for the one abysmal T20 we played in australia, they dont have a measure of us. heck, we have lost a grand total of two T20 matches so far. to New Zealand in the T20 World Cup and the one to australia.
Guys at least bother to read the whole thing before replying' date=' the statement was made just AFTER India's 20/20 WC win and not now. That does not make it right but its not like Ponting said these things after the recent test loss.[/quote'] Maybe there's some luck involved... but hell, we didn't lose in the final, nor did we lose to Pakistan and FRIGGING ZIMBABWE in the T20.

As i said Ponting was completely wrong in attributing the 20/20 win to luck but my reply was to posts such as these

what an *******-this proves all the nice things he says to ravi shastri after the defeat are something he doesnt believe in-typical aussie-they never say what they think or believe-that is to be expected i guess.
These comments were written after T20 WC. The Indian media is publishing it now' date=' so that comments look stupid. These comments were not written. So, stop the hyperventilation...[/quote'] Yea I know ... its not like he said these now. But the thing was, when the T20 world cup was completed ... the Aussies were saying "Yea, we're not making any excuses. We're gonna have to start taking this game more seriously". Then they go and write down all their excuses in a book. Its another case of them saying one thing and doing another

The two WC wins under Ponting must have been lucky too isn't it? How nice to see these quotes in his book? An absolute disgrace these Aussie players are, sore losers and whingers of the highest order. The bad time must have started from the time Ponting started to write this book. Aussies were thrashed by Indians even in the triangular series in Australia. Ponting confessed many a times that they were outclassed by India since the start of this year. I guess that says a lot about his team. Never seen so many sissy cricketers representing Australia. Shocking .....