Congrats India on winning a Test series in NZ after 40 years

This team has bowling strength to run through any side twice which was a rarity in the 90s. And the batting doesn't depend on one batsman only anymore, specially in foreign conditions. There is this spinner who rediscovered the joy of flighting the ball, there is this true daredevil opener who can demolish any attack on any surface in a blink of the eyes, there is his junior partner who is showing maturity beyond his years and never say die attitude, there is a legend who got back his golden touch, there is a master who's enjoying the this level of support from the team for the first time in his long career, there is a bowler who is hellbent on making amends for his past and then there is the promising young bowler who is learning from his senior partner's experience, all led by a daring captain who is not scarred by the past. This is the best Indian team I've ever seen. Brilliant, simply brilliant.
You could not have put it better..:isalute: This is beyond doubt the best Indian team to have taken a cricket field.
A perfect tour for us albeit the loses in T20's. More or less odds were in favour of India this time around and we did outplay NZ in each and every game. I would have preferred a even battle, but I am not complaining as India dominated NZ completely. Our Big "Three" added more weight to our batting line up and this was a rare glitch in Sehwag's recent career stats. Well done Team India :isalute:
Its ironic being T20 champs we lost the T20 But we showed our quality in the remaining games :yay:
It's pretty strange' date=' New Zealand care much more about rugby and it's a small country.[/quote'] whats ur point Dude? so what if NZ is a small country? they have a team and indian team beat NZ after 40 years. Soccer is big in England, Rugby is big in Australia too. dont belittle this effort.stfu with excuses.
Just one more day to start celebrating...waiting for day-5. Waiting for that historic moment in NZ when the test ends and we can officially get the series.
u can be pretty sure about the celebration, NZ are out of this match, either a draw or our 2nd win of the series. Taylor+McCullum+ vettori < Zak +Bhaji +Munaf+Ishant. 450 on a 5th day pitch, under overcast condition, with Zak swinging the ball around? no way!!! Just want some fair umpiring on LBW calls.
This team has bowling strength to run through any side twice which was a rarity in the 90s. And the batting doesn't depend on one batsman only anymore, specially in foreign conditions. There is this spinner who rediscovered the joy of flighting the ball, there is this true daredevil opener who can demolish any attack on any surface in a blink of the eyes, there is his junior partner who is showing maturity beyond his years and never say die attitude, there is a legend who got back his golden touch, there is a master who's enjoying the this level of support from the team for the first time in his long career, there is a bowler who is hellbent on making amends for his past and then there is the promising young bowler who is learning from his senior partner's experience, all led by a daring captain who is not scarred by the past. This is the best Indian team I've ever seen. Brilliant, simply brilliant. PS: A special mention to the right-hander, the only batsman imo who can be more elegant than SRT. Thought I already mentioned him, but apparently I didn't.
Great post, great win. Another series win bagged for mighty India:isalute:
Thanks fineleg for bumping this one when everyone else seems to be busy bashing Dhoni & co.
yep, this is a great series win. One that I was waiting ever since we got thrashed in the last tour. Who else do we need to beat in Tests now to really do it all? Tests: Aus in Aus? (when is our next tour) Tests: SA in SA? These two will be really tough, but we'll get there when we get there. and maybe Tests: SL in SL too is pending (but won't happen for a looong time I suppose)