IPL Points Table - Road to the Semis

ludhianvi

^^ Bump Points Table picture1ayc.png Remaining Matches of Each Team in order: Delhi - Rajasthan, BRC, Mumbai Chennai - KKR, KXIP Rajasthan - Delhi, KKR Deccans - KXIP, BRC KXIP - Deccans, Chennai Bangalore - Delhi, Deccans Mumbai - Delhi Kolkata - Chennai, Rajasthan MI out of it.. KKR continue to languish. DC almost there [Edit: MI still has a chance if they win their match, and RR,KXIP,BRC lose all their matches]

^^ Bump: Points Table picture1x.png Remaining Matches of Each Team in order: Delhi - BRC, Mumbai Chennai - KKR, KXIP Rajasthan - KKR Deccans - BRC KXIP - Chennai Bangalore - Delhi, Deccans Mumbai - Delhi Kolkata - Chennai, Rajasthan

I will still stick to the same teams for the semis that I had predicted previously too DD, CSK, DC and RR still have the edges.. KXIP have an outside chance but I dont think their luck of ride will continue anymore
Yeh match mujhe de de thakur!!!! :eyedance::eyedance:

Yeh match mujhe de de thakur!!!! :eyedance::eyedance:
aaj kal Mahi ka zamana hai thakur ka nahi .. par Mahi chun chun ke khatam karta hai opponents ko .. isliye match khatam paisa hazam .. agle saal KXIP phir se chakki peesing and fighting for semis :eyedance::eyedance::eyedance:

^^ Bump: Points Table picture1lfm.png Remaining Matches of Each Team in order: Delhi - BRC, Mumbai Chennai - KXIP Rajasthan - KKR Deccans - BRC KXIP - Chennai Bangalore - Delhi, Deccans Mumbai - Delhi Kolkata - Rajasthan If KKR continue their form to the next game against Rajasthan, that could mess around with the standings.

it means that KXIP need a win to qualify.margin of victory in't imp. anymore . btw,wat is this for n against in the points table
For -- Total Runs scored by the Team / In the No. Overs Against -- Total Runs against the Team / In the No. Overs

I think CSK is through practically to semis. If they lose to KXIP and Rajasthan wins against KKR, CSK and RR with same points will tie down on NRR. CSK with +9 can't do too badly . RR from a -3 can beat CSK's +9 NRR. Plus CSK has 2-0 record over RR. So CSK fans can breathe now. RR wins they are not complete throgh to semis, RR loses they are out. If RR wins, DC/BRC wins and KXIP wins..CSK will beat RR on NRR. If RR wins, DC/BRC wins and KXIP loses, then RR can make it, ahead of KXIP. I think that is the likely scenario. If CSK is smart, they will lose against KXIP, not so badly and push out big-match winners like RR out of the tournament before semis. CSK is through anyway ..win or lose.. Punjab wins they are through to semis, Punjab loses they can still make it if RR loses and they are better than DC/BRC on NRR. They are below both DC and BRC. So practically they are out if they lose Same for DC and BRC. My head is spinning already...

Points Table (Updated after BRC beat DD) picture1uzz.png Remaining Matches of Each Team in order: Delhi - Mumbai Chennai - KXIP Rajasthan - KKR Deccans - BRC KXIP - Chennai Bangalore - Deccans Mumbai - Delhi Kolkata - Rajasthan

^ The last think Chennai want to do is end up losing to Punjab and go in as the 4th team and face off with DD in the semis. They would much rather play DC/RCB in the semis.
what difference does it make? CSK have to eventually face them in the final right? So going to final and loosing is better? Me thinks not. You can rather defeat DD in semis and impose yourself during finals against DC or someone

So for Royals to qualify Chennai has to beat Punjab and they have to beat KKR so its either Punjab or RR and Deccans or BRC
All 4 teams have distinct chances to go through. DC/BRC straightforward.Shootout scenario. PKXI also just has to win one match. But Royals require support from CSK. I bet all Royals fans will be rooting for CSK should Royals win against KKR.

If Punjab wins tonight BRC v DC will be a decider as to who will proceed irrespective of whether RR wins or not. If CSK wins and RR loses, Punjab will be tied with one of either BRC or DC on points. NRR will come in handy then for BRC or DC. If CSK and RR both win then DD, CSK and RR will be the top three teams. BRC and DC will then have to fight for the last spot. The biggest impact on the semi finalists is going to hinge on the result Punjab produces tonight. My bet, both KKR and Punjab will win. If not both at least RR is noted for their ability to win under pressure. Punjab is also capable of playing well under pressure. It will be interesting if Punjab and RR win their respective games. Punjab will advance on the points while RR will be tied with CSK on points. The Net run rate will then decide who will go through. Against in that scenario, BRC v DC will be a humdinger.