Warne willing to take Indian team job

Guest gaurav_indian

Guest gaurav_indian

Warne willing to take Indian team job

Durban: Legendary Australian spinner and captain of the Rajasthan Royals Shane Warne said that he is willing working to help the spinners in India if the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) offers him a job. In an exclusive interview with IBN7 and CNN-IBN, Shane Warne said that he would consider any such offer in the future. "If the BCCI wants to work in the spin department, I would have to work with our man Manoj Badale (co-owner, Rajasthan Royals) and I'm sure we can come up with something. I am not ruling any thing out but I am not saying I am agreeing to it now. It depends on my time and my family. But if there is an offer, any offer, I will see if it fits," said Warne. The former Australian player said that he has worked with the spinners in his Royals team and would love to impart his knowledge to other young Indian spinners. "As far as the BCCI goes, I work with all the spinners. Yusuf Pathan, Abhishek Raut and Ravindra Jadeja, who had a great last year, I work with all of them. I love cricket and I try to impart my knowledge on leadership on a lot of guys. As fas as spin bowling goes, I would love to help any bowler. I would like to help (Amit) Mishra and Piyush (Chawla) and a few other guys as well," stated Warne. The Rajasthan Royals captain also said that he would cherish the opportunity of coming to India and working there. "I love India these days. It took me a long time to embrace the culture and appreciate India. It probably took me a couple of tours to understand that. But the last two Australian tours and the last two seasons of IPL have been great. The Indian people have been wonderful and I really appreciate that. The way they have welcomed me I think they have really appreciated the way I have looked after the youngsters of the Rajasthan Royals. The way we play makes our brand of cricket very exciting, so I think every body has a soft spot for the Rajasthan Royals," added Warne.
http://cricketnext.in.com/news/exclusive-warne-willing-to-take-india-job/41034-27.html Good news but at the moment Gary Kirsten is doing a very good job.I think BCCI should give him a job of coaching indian spinners.:hatsoff:

Guest gaurav_indian
I dunno about it' date=' while it seems very exciting to see Warne as a bowling coach but I can see a conflict between him and gary; in addition his flamboyant lifestyle might be one for the media as well[/quote'] I too dont want him to be a coach of our senior team.Then there will be some ego clashes.

Good news indeed. But considering our bitter experiences with Aussie coaches (Chappal for India and Bhooka for Kolkatta), it should be taken with a pinch of salt. Probably he should be given a small role like what Venki Prasad as bowling coach and Robin Singh as fielding coach are playing. This will keep him out of the lime light and he can concentrate on his job. And he should be kept away from Bollywood and Shamita sheets.. :wink:

If there's one thing that I would love Warne to teach all our spinners, it's how to get the most rotations on the ball. Warne was incredible in just how many rotations he would give the ball, that in itself did wonders for his bowling.

Warne should not be given a coaching job for the main team but he should be made to hone up and teach the tricks to the upcoming spinners like Mishra, Ojha etc. He should not be allowed to try to coach Bhajji etc. as it it would surely mean ego clashes. Seniors should not be messed up as they are almost from the same time in international cricket but the upcoming talents should be coached by him.

Whatmore is already doing a fabulous job with Academy. I don't think Buccha or Chappell should be an indication what is to come from OZ
I dont agree that there will be problems like with Chappel etc. Warne should be kept away from the senior cricketers thats it. He should be allowed to mentor young spinners. Warne works with upcoming talents in Rajasthan Royals team and he can interact with the Indians very well.

I love it when these Goras say this;

"I love India these days. It took me a long time to embrace the culture and appreciate India. It probably took me a couple of tours to understand that. But the last two Australian tours and the last two seasons of IPL have been great. The Indian people have been wonderful and I really appreciate that.
Why can they just say?
I love money and there's a lot of money to be made in India these days'
After all, its perfectly acceptable to say that. Every man is for himself.