Anil Kumble debuts as international commentator

Lord

He needs to be paired with someone excitable, gys like Tony Greig or Mark Nicholas. Else. he can make it sound a bit dreary. But hey, he made more meaningful comments in his 30 min stint than guys like Siva, Lal or Raja have made in the 4-5 years combined. So, I aint exactly complaning. He will get better as he commentates more. Listen to Shastri in his first days as commentator. He was quite ordinary, but has since worked very hard on his voice modulation to suit the requirements of television commentating. Anil too, will improve, the more he commentates.

He needs to be paired with someone excitable, gys like Tony Greig or Mark Nicholas. Else. he can make it sound a bit dreary. But hey, he made more meaningful comments in his 30 min stint than guys like Siva, Lal or Raja have made in the 4-5 years combined. So, I aint exactly complaning. He will get better as he commentates more. Listen to Shastri in his first days as commentator. He was quite ordinary, but has since worked very hard on his voice modulation to suit the requirements of television commentating. Anil too, will improve, the more he commentates.
Thank you Morris for being one of the only guys here with a sense of perspective. Cricketers don't just jump into the comm box and all start taking it to it with ease, Warne is a rare exception in that sense. Kumble at the end of it has a ton of knowledge and insight and will be great for us fans and viewers. He'll just become more comfortable with this sort of speaking and the interplay with other commentators with a little more time and experience. Rough to write him off after one stint.

He is not annoying like L Siva. Atleast he has a much more tolerable voice. Since he is new it is too early to judge his commentary ability. As an experienced spinner he will definitely have some interesting things to share. But don't expect orgasmic reaction from Kumble for boundaries and sixes.

He sees too much beauty in everything "the beauty of Dhoni's captaincy..." "the beauty of spin bowling..." "The beauty of 20-20 cricket..." He also needs to speak a little louder to make himself audible. I do believe he will get better if he sticks to commentary, he shows some promise..unlike Kapil Dev who was a disaster from day 1.

I thought he waas pretty good. Spoke sense and is great at English which is more than can be said about numerous commentators from the subcontinent. Moreover, he really seems to think before he speaks rather than saying whatever comes into his head like a certain Laxman SRK.