The unbaked yeast is unhappy

Little time to savour T20 win, says angry Afridi The short gap between the recently concluded ICC World Twenty20 and the next edition in the West Indies in April 2010 has robbed Pakistan of the chance to fully savour the triumph, the allrounder Shahid Afridi has said. "I fail to understand why the next World Cup will be played in nine months time," Afridi told reporters on arrival in Karachi. "If it was being organised after two years, people would have remembered Pakistan's victory and it would have been more enjoyable." Pakistan's title win at Lord's on Sunday was their first victory in a major ICC tournament since the 1992 World Cup. The first edition of the World Twenty20 was held in South Africa in September 2007 and the champions, India, were able to savour their victory for nearly two years. Pakistan on the other hand will hold on to the tag of defending champions for just nine months. Afridi, who was given a hero's welcome in Karachi, said the people of Pakistan needed this triumph as a respite from the unstable political and security climate in the country. "We all know how important this World Cup was with so much happening in Pakistan," Afridi said. "The guys motivated themselves for this World Cup." Afridi had a quiet start to the tournament with the bat but responded strongly with match-winning half-centuries in the semi-final and final. He also took 11 wickets in the tournament. He said the support staff, including the head coach Intikhab Alam and bowling coach Aaqib Javed, played a role in shaping the team's victory. "They all really worked hard with the guys and kept them united and close to each other, that's why we had success," Afridi said.
http://www.cricinfo.com/wt202009/content/current/story/410343.html :mama: :bangbang:

Afridi criticises ICC for T20 WC next year, ignoring his show Karachi, June 24: Pakistan star all-rounder Shahid Afridi has criticised the ICC for holding the next Twenty20 World Cup just nine months later and ignoring him for the `Player of the Tournament` award. Afridi, who was instrumental in Pakistan`s T20 World Cup triumph in England, said the ICC`s decision to hold third edition of the tournament in 2010 has left the team with very little time to celebrate their victory. "There is just no proper gap between the two tournaments for us to enjoy our victory. I don`t know why the ICC has done this, but to me it seems cricket today is more like a business than a sport," Afridi, who won the man-of-the-match award in both the semifinal and final, said on his return home today. The 29-year-old all-rounder also admitted that inspite of his stellar performances in the T20 World Cup, he was little disappointed at not winning the player of the tournament award. Although Afridi was the star for Pakistan in both the semifinal and final against South Africa and Sri Lanka with back-to-back half centuries and wickets, Tillekaratne Dilshan bagged the award with his commendable show with the bat. "I was not expecting them (ICC) to ignore me for the player of the tournament award. I had scored over 160 runs and taken 11 wickets. My fielding was also top class and I was surprised when I didn`t win this award," he said.

Well' date=' he’s right in a way. It doesn’t make sense to have World championships within 10 months of each other.[/quote'] ICC's agenda is to have one ICC event every year - the schedule was thrown off balance when after the 2007 WC, the T20 WC was held the same year and the CT from 2008 was postponed. What they are trying to achieve now is get back to schedule so that there is one ICC event per year. Obviously, they are not going to skip an edition altogether so are having one next year.

well Pakistan hardly wins anything these days...they have won T20 WC by fluke...they went into semifinals beating NZ and Ireland..they want the world champions tag for a long time coz they are afraid of losing the cup next year....so such statement from Afridi is out of fear and frustration. As regards Afridi,he's a retard.Ignore his comments.

ICC's agenda is to have one ICC event every year - the schedule was thrown off balance when after the 2007 WC' date=' the T20 WC was held the same year and the CT from 2008 was postponed. What they are trying to achieve now is get back to schedule so that there is one ICC event per year. Obviously, they are not going to skip an edition altogether so are having one next year.[/quote'] I understand there are scheduling issues to work around here, especially with things getting postponed, but as tournament winners, you surely want to keep that tag of world champions at least for a while.

i am sure mr afridi would have felt the other way had they not won the cup; ask aussies, indians and south africans they are all happy they get another shot so soon. Besides everyone knew when the next one was scheduled even before the T20 WC started so why complain now.