Dravid, Ishant benched for Oz ODIs?

Feed

Team: Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Sachin Tendulkar, Suresh Raina, MS Dhoni, Harbhajan Singh, Ashish Nehra, Virat Kohli, Amit Mishra, Munaf Patel, Sudeep Tyagi, Ravindra Jadeja, Praveen Kumar, Ishant Sharma. The BCCI senior selection committee is likely to ring in a few major changes in the team to play against Australia in a seven-match ODI series from October 25. More... Dravid, Ishant benched for Oz ODIs? V. BALAJI CHENNAI Oct. 13: The BCCI senior selection committee is likely to ring in a few major changes in the team to play against Australia in a seven-match ODI series from October 25. Former captain Rahul Dravid who made a comeback to the one-day squad after a gap of nearly two years is likely to miss out. An out-of-form Ishant Sharma is likely to be rested and his place could go to Uttar Pradesh seamer Sudeep Tyagi. Following his impressive performance in the Irani Cup and Challenger Trophy, Munaf Patel is also expected to make the cut. It is reliably learnt that the door on Dravid may not be shut completely. The senior batsman will continue to remain in the one-day scheme of things. He is most likely to get the nod where conditions demand his exemplary technique as they did during the Champions Trophy in South Africa. Dravid did his cause no harm, scoring 180 runs at 36 in Sri Lanka and South Africa. While the batsman might feel hurt at being called up occasionally, the selectors view him as a senior always willing to put up his hand when called for. Also, Yusuf Pathan who has managed only 71 runs in his last 10 innings at 11.84 could face the axe. Ishant has been under the scanner for some time. Bowling coach Venkatesh Prasad had said the pressure of high expectations was getting to the Delhi youngster and the selectors may have taken note of that. Former captain Ravi Shastri had also called for Ishant to concentrate on the longer version in the near future. The team that is to be announced for the first two ODIs is unlikely to have any major surprises in the batting department. Virender Sehwag and Yuvraj Singh (subject to clearing a fitness test at the NCA) will reclaim their places. Sachin Tendulkar and Sehwag are to open, pushing Gautam Gambhir to bat at three. Virat Kohli and Suresh Raina are expected to complete the lineup. The team to be announced on Thursday at the M.A. Chidambaram Stadium will see the comeback of Ravindra Jadeja who played a crucial role in Rest of India XI gaining the first innings lead over Mumbai in the Irani Cup. Though the team management is not in favor of Abhishek Nayyar, the Mumbai all-rounder could manage to cling to his spot as the selectors feel he has not been given an adequate opportunity to prove his wares. Spinners Pragyan Ojha and Amit Mishra will be rotated during the seven-match series with the former set to make the squad for the first few games. Tyagi who had a successful tour of Australia in the ‘Emerging Series’ has been in contention for some time and furthered his cause with a stellar effort in Challenger Series picking five wickets at an average of 18. The team think tank feels the absence of Zaheer Khan and the fact that R.P. is Singh not at his best has adversely affected the attack. While changes are certain, Praveen Kumar who had a good outing against West Indies may have just managed to hold his place.

how about robin uttappa in place of yusuf pathan .. he has performed well and looks in good form :two_thumbs_up:
yes and he can keep well too when dhoni takes the ball in his hands
Kathik hasn't done so bad that he should be forgotten. Uthappa has been playing well for a while now, but his technique looks bad. But I guess I'm judging him from the T20s

Vijay should be in the squad, but I guess that depends on Yuvrajs fitness. Im really not sure about Tyagi- is he ready? Seems pacy but bowls alot of loose deliveries Hope all 3 spinners are there. Kartik should be there too, hes a good keeper and good bat.

Vijay should be in the squad, but I guess that depends on Yuvrajs fitness. Im really not sure about Tyagi- is he ready? Seems pacy but bowls alot of loose deliveries Hope all 3 spinners are there. Kartik should be there too, hes a good keeper and good bat.
Ya. Tyagi seems to be one of those bowler who can have a horrible day on a regular basis (based on my IPL observation). He is a line and length bowler. That alone is not enough in one dayer. He needs to exhibit to variety when things go wrong. I didn't get a chance to even a single over from him. So fingers crossed. Hope he clicks.
Ya. Tyagi seems to be one of those bowler who can have a horrible day on a regular basis (based on my IPL observation). He is a line and length bowler. That alone is not enough in one dayer. He needs to exhibit to variety when things go wrong. I didn't get a chance to even a single over from him. So fingers crossed. Hope he clicks.
he is not a line and length bowler,he is bang into the pitch bowler has decent pace also.

I think he should retire from ODIs. It's one thing to put his hand up whenever he is called and whole another thing to be a doormat. Let them figure it out how to deal with short pitched bowling in bouncy pitches. They are man enough now. As it is, we don't need his services in India anymore. His running and fielding in the deep is atrocious. Thank you for a good ODI performance.

Good if it happens.we dont need RD n Ishant at. we need them more in tests. wats the news on Irfan?is he in contention? my squad will be SRT VS GG UV(If unfit then Kohli) MSD Raina Irfan Bhajji Mishra Munaf Nehra reserves DK Tyagi Ojha Nayar

Good if it happens.we dont need RD n Ishant at. we need them more in tests. wats the news on Irfan?is he in contention? my squad will be SRT VS GG UV(If unfit then Kohli) MSD Raina Irfan Bhajji Mishra Munaf Nehra reserves DK Tyagi Ojha Nayar
irfan had made himself unavailable for irani trophy bcoz of bad mental state, so i dont think he is in contention