ICF Founder Members- Ravi ( King )

Dhondy

Thanks to Gambo & to Dinakkar for this theme. Today, there are hundreds of posters on this site, God bless you all. Many of you may not even have heard of Ravi. So let me tell you about Ravi. We may have conceived the idea of this site, but it was Ravi who put in the hard yards, pandering to the almost insatiable demands of the founders, who often had no idea how much work it took to put those ideas into fruition. Drupal theme? No problem? Blogs please, Ravi....Thy will be done. This site was hacked pretty soon after it was born. A generation of cricket junkies woke up one morning with the shock of their lives. Site was gone...who would they talk to? Where was the community? I remember, Ravi put in straight 14 hour nights, sleepless in his native New Zealand, to secure the site, transfer the software to a more robust provider and make sure nobody could ever mess with us again. You know, he has a job...a wife...a family. You'd think you'd hear a squeak of him...a tinsy-winsy vestige of a moan maybe? Not a single word. He just got on with it and restored the site in 48 hours flat. So how does a site housing 8000 members run? On air? Nope, it needs cash, and regularly. Who pays for it? The nine founder members? No sir, Ravi would not hear of it. He singlehandedly bore the expenses like an Atlas. No amount of exhortations, threats, or pleading would make him change his mind. "It's really not a problem, fellas. I'll let you know if I struggle". He is also the only one among us who has actually played cricket at a fairly high level. Ravi knows several cricketers from recent and current national sides personally. If he writes about cricket, you just...read. And write he did. For the first couple of years, he wrote tirelessly, bringing in all his enthusiasm and knowledge of the game into play, trying to give legs to the fledgeling site. And when it was able to carry its own weight, like a proud parent, he stood aside and let it prosper. A very rare human being, our Ravi.

From Site POV - Without Ravi, we wouldn't be here. He is the ACTUAL owner of the site and the engine which runs it I have known Ravi since 5 years now, guy is a gem of a person. I mean he is one of those who you want to have as a best friend. He will be back soon ( bit busy now ) and we can enjoy his posts once again

Between ravi and varun, we have the backbone and brain of this site. With all due respect to some of the others like Doc, Shwetabh, Gambo and Rajiv who've brought us here - Ravi and Varun were instrumental in turning this site into what it is now between their dedication and tireless efforts, Ravi's generosity and funding and their programming/IT genius in taking us through hacking crises, software problems, endless upgrades and one new feature after another. Thank you. There isn't much else we can say. :hail:

Thanks Dhondy for introducing us to the great man Ravi.. Hatsoff Ravi for the wonderful contributions, the benefits of which we guys are reaping now.. :hatsoff: I tried to see if I can read any of Ravi's posts and searched... but couldn't find any (or may be I'm bad at searching)... Can you post a few links to his posts..
Ravi changed his nick some time back. Now he's 'King'. Fitting name for the man who made this wonderful place possible :adore:

I may not have the number of posts for someone who has been on this forum since it was formed but for those of us who moved to ICF back then could sense the effort that went behind putting this site up. To begin with i wasnt sure how long this site would be around; after the attack mentioned in OP i was more or less sure this was the end but it was up and even for a poster like me who knew nothing about what went behind the scene it was evident Ravi was the reason they were back up. Irrespective of what was posted; not once has i seen him snub a poster or use the authoritative tone (which he has full right of using) with any poster. Anytime he meet a cricketer was quick to share his experience i remember he had even posted his pictures with few players when India last visited NZ. For all the posters who were never part of old site (you want to know story send me a PM) and at times crib about mods interfering have no clue what you have in your hands and Ravi is the guy you should thank.

Geez... you blokes have immortalized me :eyedance: I'm not even sure if I deserve it. I will not shy away from saying I put in a lot of effort but that said a lot of them did. I guess the posters are the ones that made this website successful. No effort of mine will ever beat the ability of the posters to keep this website afloat.

Geez... you blokes have immortalized me :eyedance: I'm not even sure if I deserve it. I will not shy away from saying I put in a lot of effort but that said a lot of them did. I guess the posters are the ones that made this website successful. No effort of mine will ever beat the ability of the posters to keep this website afloat.
greetings ravi :hatsoff: