Is there a real inter-franchise rivalry in IPL?

The Outsider

Is there a real inter-franchise rivalry in IPL?  

1. 1.

• Very strongly, life and soul for 6 weeks
    • Strongly, but don't feel too involved
    • Time Pass, just a good way to have/poke fun and move on
    • Like IPL, but don't have a strong team affiliation

Questions to those who follow IPL regularly and affiliate themselves with a particular team - is it more of a hoopla that you develop or there is a genuine feeling of association with a team? Are you gutted when your team loses, or just move on to the next match or tournament? Is there any sense of long lasting elation on wins? If and when you would go to stadiums would you do it out of watching some quick entertainment or out of real loyalty for you side? Would you travel to watch your team play a final? When putting other teams down do you really mean it in the India-Pakistan kind of manner or is it just funzzz and stuffzzz? Are you tempted to buy outfits of your team, have a screen saver on your laptop? Basically, trying to get an idea of how strong affinities are after two seasons - does IPL offer the prospect of genuine sporting rivalries? Will they develop into the acrimonious kinds like India-Pakistan or there will always be an appreciation and respect for the opposing side due to Indian presence?

I feel a genuine association with my team and also feel bad when the team loses But its no way comparable with me as an Indian team fan - that is a whole diff level bashing other teams - for me, its just for fun during this season, adds spice to the contest But the growth of IPL might increase loyatly to the franchises and there will be more rivarly among fans I wont go to stadiums, buy merchandise etc, i will watch it on TV for the enjoyment and entertainment

I also have a genuine association with my team :kkr: ,feel miserable and let down when we loose to some suckers like :mi: ,:dd: and :kxi: . I know my team does have a lot of potential with some real match winners in the team . But this time it wud change ,they wud come to party as its :kkr: time this season. Get ready for some real *****$ whooping.

Guest DeveGowda

It will take years for REAL rivarly.... Fans need to travel from one city to another to Support their teams...this will take some time.. But in between every time IPL starts auction and players start to play for different teams it will be bit difficulty to start rivarly...

Funz and Stuffz! Just like to kick some serious KKR butt! Reason: One of my best friend in College was a hardcore KKR/SRK fan amongst all the other MI ones, we decided to settle it all at the Wankhede, he was buoyant going into the game, so much so he wore his fav. KGayR Jersey and SRGay was literally tatooed all over him, and then this happened, --> EPIC KLPD . The kind of :bumsmack: he got from the rest was one to remember. :D Missed that last year, so decided to have a go at mhr123, but the poor guy was already :(( with his team's consistent streak, so went easy on him, more so I like his jokes in the laughter section. But this year with these *bubbling*teenagers sunny and andy around, I think I will be having a good :laugh: P.S. I think we have a 4-0 record against the KGayR, so they are our bi@tches! P.P.S. Ludhi you need to take a closer look at the two KGayR's to know what exactly bubbly is. :giggle:

Guest DeveGowda
thats just crazy' date='csk are perennial losers.that cant even make it past the semis even with all that talent on their team.it will be brc and DD in the final.[/quote'] i am not talking about final...rivarly between teams ....

thats just crazy' date='csk are perennial losers.that cant even make it past the semis even with all that talent on their team.it will be brc and DD in the final.[/quote'] lol CSK went to final 2008, and followed with a semifinal in 2009.... :two_thumbs_up: but BRC guys are even worse :giggle:

Damn Serious, not fond of ppl or city outside Mumbai anyways....I have to tolerate and be diplomatic to folkz here. Not my choice but I have to be with marathi manooszzz
****, no one even responded to this - koi jagda karne ke mood mein nahin hain