Its decided , South >> North

Desi Cartman

Its decided , South >> North  

1. 1.

ok, my few cents. There are many parameters, and North is ahead in some and South in some. For now, let me bring up about sweets. For the same sweets - (take any e.g. Gulab Jamun, ras malai, rasgulla, or the stuff at local bakeries) - the average quality is extremely poor in South - unless it is some shop run by authentic northie ( esp - rajasthani). Same goes with many food items - except Biryani in some south places - but the differences from northie is not as dramatic as when it comes to sweets.
Havent you tried Ananda Bhavan, Krishna sweets, Grand Sweets.. their sweets are amazing :popcorn:

Food: North Indian food is considered the most tasty in India (North Indian dishes like Tandoori chicken are so famous that its called national dish of Britain :haha:) you come to madhurai and eat.... you'll take back your comments...... plus the food costs low here.

Why is food cost so low in Tamil Nadu? I don't mean just the idli dosa stuff, but even other non local dishes. They are cheaper too. Compared to prices of the same dishes/raw material in rest of India? Excess produce? No hoarding or layers of middlemen that are so common elsewhere? Lots of agro subsidies to the farmers and non regulated/ free market pricing pricing? Why exactly?