How do you rate Venugopal Rao

:cantstop: I think that comment was as sarcastic as your user id :hysterical: Venu is a good player but the quote makes him sound as if he's a cross between Viv Richards' date=' Sehwag and Tendulkar :hysterical:[/quote'] This is what the Cricinfo page says about him in the first line: Those who have seen him on the telly can say Venugopal Rao has done nothing to shatter the earth. But ask Matt Prior, Simon Jones, and Sajid Mahmood, and they will tell you 500 is not a safe target in the fourth innings of a four-day match when Venugopal is around. What should I conclude from this line. Am I wrong? :winky: And I remember some of his IPL innings in 2008 or so, once he gets in to his zone he is too good!!!! He can connect every ball and dispatch it with ease!!!
This is what the Cricinfo page says about him in the first line: Those who have seen him on the telly can say Venugopal Rao has done nothing to shatter the earth. But ask Matt Prior, Simon Jones, and Sajid Mahmood, and they will tell you 500 is not a safe target in the fourth innings of a four-day match when Venugopal is around. What should I conclude from this line. Am I wrong? :winky: And I remember some of his IPL innings in 2008 or so, once he gets in to his zone he is too good!!!! He can connect every ball and dispatch it with ease!!!
You mean "Page 2"? Coz this seems to be a Page 2 article you are quoting.
Badrinath > Venu in Tests.
I disagree . Venu has much better technique to do well on wickets with bounce . Badir though isnt a bad player , he is very similar to Vijay ..will struggle on pitches with any kind of bounce ..Venu is more 'rounded' & has a lot more time playing his shots .
This is what the Cricinfo page says about him in the first line: Those who have seen him on the telly can say Venugopal Rao has done nothing to shatter the earth. But ask Matt Prior, Simon Jones, and Sajid Mahmood, and they will tell you 500 is not a safe target in the fourth innings of a four-day match when Venugopal is around. What should I conclude from this line. Am I wrong? :winky: And I remember some of his IPL innings in 2008 or so, once he gets in to his zone he is too good!!!! He can connect every ball and dispatch it with ease!!!
Matt Prior, Simon Jones and Sajid Mahmood are hardly the folks you would want to swear by :haha:
On 5/4/2011 at 2:57 AM, Sooda said:

Dont you know consistent domestic performers are not anymore rewarded with senior call ups. Contenders have to be a) 24 years of age and below and b) have played for the U19 side, ideally in a WC winning one. On a more serious note, an FC average of 42 suggests there are a few better options.

Isn't this the case now too??

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 6:48 AM, Sandeep99 said:

Very surprised to see how highly he was rated. He never was convincing to me...

14 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

really ? you find over the top praise or criticism of certain players on this forum surprising ?

I think the poster Sandeep99 has not followed IPL in initial years. Venugopal Rao was a vital cog for Deccan Charges which was excessively dependent on Gilly, Rohit, Gibbs and Symmonds. When the other batters were out, Venu played few blinder of innings scoring quick-fire 50s. He is more deserving of an international career than Ambati Rayudu. 

8 hours ago, sarcastic said:

I think the poster Sandeep99 has not followed IPL in initial years. Venugopal Rao was a vital cog for Deccan Charges which was excessively dependent on Gilly, Rohit, Gibbs and Symmonds. When the other batters were out, Venu played few blinder of innings scoring quick-fire 50s. He is more deserving of an international career than Ambati Rayudu. 

Was fan of Deccan Chargers from season 1. Venugopal Rao was like Dhoni for us. We know we'd lose but this guy would come in and play those respect innings. Pretty useless if you ask me.

1 hour ago, Sandeep99 said:

Was fan of Deccan Chargers from season 1. Venugopal Rao was like Dhoni for us. We know we'd lose but this guy would come in and play those respect innings. Pretty useless if you ask me.

He wasn’t a T20 bat , but was a quality player otherwise . Dint have any serious issues with his technique , i think he deserved a longer run with Indian team .