Let's talk about the DRS

champ

So Bailey survived the 1st ODI and went onto win it for Aussies.

Maxwell to did the same.

Seems Umpires are under some kind of instruction not to give 50-50 decision in favour of the Indian Team.And if the team complaints then just say "oh you dont support DRS".There by arm twisting the BCCI.

Its a well known fact that the technology used in DRS was developed in AUS/ENG and those boards are under massive pressure from these companies to make DRS universal and ask ICC to fund it.

How can BCCI tackle this?

So Bailey survived the 1st ODI and went onto win it for Aussies.

Maxwell to did the same.

Seems Umpires are under some kind of instruction not to give 50-50 decision in favour of the Indian Team.And if the team complaints then just say "oh you dont support DRS".There by arm twisting the BCCI.

Its a well known fact that the technology used in DRS was developed in AUS/ENG and those boards are under massive pressure from these companies to make DRS universal and ask ICC to fund it.

How can BCCI tackle this?

Rohit survived in last game.

I think at this point it is just a ego issue for BCCI because they think its admitting they made a mistake

Shashank is clearly undoing everything Srini has done, even came out and criticised the Big 3 take over. Stance on DRS would've also changed if that was the case. IMO the issue is cost which BCCI doesn't want to bear. 

Shashank is clearly undoing everything Srini has done, even came out and criticised the Big 3 take over. Stance on DRS would've also changed if that was the case. IMO the issue is cost which BCCI doesn't want to bear. 

If that's true feel like punching the idiots.

Boards on the verge of bankruptcy like WI Pak and Srl can afford the costs but we can't .

What a bunch if greedy deckers we got :wall:

SO sunni maama's thread got merged..

For a sec i thought some sensible mod had moved it to jokes section. 

Lol..guess what sunny, when your thug board refuses to use DRS  ,you DO NOT have a right to moan like a butt hurt biatch when a 50-50 call goes against you.Note that the rest of the world prays whole heartedly that india will get screwed over and over again for their dumb stance.

He is not a board member.

Unlike most of the others 

here, he is coming up with retarded theories as if bcci is a victim..arm twisting my @ss,bcci literally wrings the neck of others to get what they want..btw three cheers to the quicksilver who deleted my previous comment in 30 sec. You lot grumble about low number of users but you don't let a single non Indian voice their opinions freely.

So Anurag Thakur makes the BCCI stand on a number of issues clear as of today. 

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/story/1052473.html

Thakur says BCCI open to using DRS minus Hawk-Eye

BCCI president Anurag Thakur has said that India is open to agreeing on a revised template for the Decision Review System (DRS) in matches, specifically that they may agree to the use of all non-predictive elements of the system if they can be "delinked" from Hawk-Eye's projections in lbw decisions.

"You can have some and leave [Hawk-Eye]," Thakur told ESPNcricinfo in Florida during India's T20 series against West Indies this past weekend. "If that comes as an option, we can look into that."

When asked specifically if the BCCI would accept the use of visual aids such as Hot Spot and real-time Snicko in addition to the standard camera angles, Thakur nodded in the affirmative. He reiterated the BCCI's longstanding opposition to Hawk-Eye, though, because it is not "100% foolproof".

So basically, we can at least get Snicko and Hotspot. That is better than nothing. It would be nice to refer lbws to the 3rd umpire with replay, even without Hawkeye, as well. That should be something to consider. The article also says that the scaled down DRS could be tried in domestics/IPL in the near future.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/story/1052477.html

Four-day Tests, two-tier system not the answer - Thakur

"We should analyse the shortcomings [of Test cricket]," he said. "Is it the paucity of time? The issue is why aren't you getting enough crowd for a Test match? That is the basic issue."

According to Thakur, the obstacles to Test cricket's popularity have more to do with competition from other sports in an increasingly crowded landscape.

"Ask yourself: football, how much time does it take to finish the game? Hockey, how much time does it take? American football, rugby. Fans, on one hand, have these kind of games which are finished in two hours time at the most; cricket's shortest format, it takes close to three, three and a half hours. So that is one reason," Thakur said.

BCCI clearly rejects 4-day tests and 2-tier system. He basically says that time isn't the issue, but getting the crowds to come watch is. I suppose the BCCI will support day-night tests? That may help get the crowds to come in. 

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/story/1052707.html

Thakur casts doubt over mini IPL

BCCI president Anurag Thakur has said the board has put any plans for a mini IPL in the USA on hold, with T20 internationals being the preferred foray in the American market. The key obstacle, according to Thakur, was the time zone difference. Matches would need to start at 10am local time on the east coast in the USA, making mid-week fixtures difficult to draw big crowds and also limiting their options for alternate venues around the country.

"IPL, we are not even thinking of hosting it outside India. It has to be hosted in India, but there are many other options what you can do which we'll let you know over a period of time when we come out with a long-term plan for this market."

So the mini IPL was just a rumor/idea and is not likely to happen. However, we may get more India T20 matches played in the US. Also, it's good to know that they say that they won't host the IPL overseas, but we did partially move it recently, for the elections, to UAE. I expect the same in 2019.

If they have a problem only with Hawkeye, they should have LBW referrals to check inside edges and point of impact.  Maybe the ball tracking part after that can be kept out of referral scope.

I really doubt if BCCI (or even ICC) is going to agree to have the TV umpire have a second look at the LBW decision to decide whether the ball was going to hit the stumps.. That should be left to the on-field umpire.. Else there would be a lot of close calls that have judgement of two different persons, leading to more controversial decisions

The problem with not using hawk eye is we'd also lose the pitch mat apart from the predictive element. With most of the referred decisions revolving around lbw, not having the pitch mat would turn DRS into a farce.

Though I don't personally care much about the fancy predictive ball tracking and the frilly graphics where the bails fall and everyone clap their hands in glee, I pretty much would like to see the pitch mat to check if the ball pitched outside leg or if the impact was outside off stump.

I think broadcasters can provide their own pitch mat and not rely on hawk eye for it. That along with Hotspot and snicko would form a good DRS package.