Edgbaston test : Day by day prediction and discussion

Sooda

Edgbaston test : Day by day prediction and discussion  

1. 1.

• Praveen Kumar
    • Ishanth Sharma
    • Sreesanth
    • R.P Singh

Don't see the point in playing 4 seamers especially when its Munaf Patel who is useless in tests and can't field nor bat either. Much better to select Mishra as provides some variety and at least has the potential to take wickets.
Munaf can be handful in conditions which help seam bowling. He bowls a good line and length and can pick wickets if there is assistance. We dont know if the pitch at Edgbaston will take any turn so Mishra may not get to bowl at all like Bhajji in the 1st innings of 2nd test.

hey i'm from around Croydon, but i work in London as well so saw quite a lot of it, basically its young (14-19) pre-dominantly black people (more white in Croydon) who are unemployed, gang mentality yobs. They didn't have any political agenda except to run riot and loot and steal. Unfortunately they are very widely dispersed so the police force is over-stretched. But a total of 16,000 policemen (as opposed to 3,000) are being drafted into London boroughs tonight, have to wait and see how it goes. But the test match will definitely go ahead as Birmingham not as bad.

Akram backs RP. Suggest your pace trioka Former Pakistan captain Wasim Akram is happy to find Rudra Pratap Singh in the Indian team and has suggested that the left-arm pacer should be inducted into the playing XI ahead of Sreesanth along with Ishant Sharma and Praveen Kumar. "I am happy to see RP Singh's return to the Indian team. He is a good replacement for Zaheer and is one bowler who can really trouble the English batsmen. His upright, seam-up action helps the ball slant easily and India will be tempted to play him ahead of Sreesanth," Akram wrote in his column for a leading sports website. "Ishant and Praveen will complete the pace troika but this duo must not lose heart when a partnership is building. ..... full interview - http://sports.ndtv.com/ind-eng-2011/news/item/176858-india-should-try-rp-ahead-of-sreesanth-akram ----------------------------------------------- i feel RP-PK-SS leaving ishanth incase we are playing 4 seamers then no problem

4 seamers but no Arpy in it. It will be Sree+Ishu+PK+Munna.. After GPel in this test too they might play Arpy in the last match (but in that match Mishra could play so they'll go with Sree+Ishu+PK).. I won't be surprised if RP doesn't plays a single test match in this series..

Bat first, put up a big score and take it from there. The way I see it, India's batting has to win them the games. About their chances, only a fool would write India off. They have the goods, they just have to deliver.
We had two chances of choosing to bat first, looks like this time it will be England's call. This series is doomed.