Shami ahmed-First impression..!!!

Blue Panther

With Shami, Yadav, Bhuvi we now have 3 quality fast bowlers. Zaheer still has a few years in him, Aaron is getting back to full fitness hopefully he will provide some competition in the shorter format, I am a big Ishwar Pandey fan so hopefully he'll get a chance.

With Shami, Yadav, Bhuvi we now have 3 quality fast bowlers. Zaheer still has a few years in him, Aaron is getting back to full fitness hopefully he will provide some competition in the shorter format, I am a big Ishwar Pandey fan so hopefully he'll get a chance.
Don't forget Mohit,Shukla,Suyal & Kulkarni.
Now people will tell Shami that if he bowls more outwingers ' date=' he will get more wickets. That will be the end of Shami.[/quote'] Shami naturally bowls outswingers with the new cherry,can bring it in too.Today he showed that can move it both ways with the old ball too.His pace is a plus as he's very skillful.In a nutshell he's a complete bowler & better than BK,Umesh in my view.
Now people will tell Shami that if he bowls more outwingers ' date=' he will get more wickets. That will be the end of Shami.[/quote'] he bowls great out swinger man..just depends on conditions some times .. i have seen him bowl steyn like out swingers in domestic games :giggle:
he bowls great out swinger man..just depends on conditions some times .. i have seen him bowl steyn like out swingers in domestic games :giggle:
Agree.........not comparing him with Steyn but his genre is quite similar.Pace wise they are not that diff too in tests.Though Steyn can go 145+ whenever he wants to.Shami's max speed will be around 144ks.
Agree.........not comparing him with Steyn but his genre is quite similar.Pace wise they are not that diff too in tests.Though Steyn can go 145+ whenever he wants to.Shami's max speed will be around 144ks.
not comparing him with steyn but his out swingers are great which can swing from stumps..
You should not drop a genuine wicket taker, like Umesh is in tests. In tests it is all about picking 20 wickets.
no thanks.We are wasting Yadav'a time by putting him on the bench,he should be released from the squad for the 2nd test and let me play as many ranji games as possible and see if can take wickets again,i dont want an out of form Yadav in SA.

Dhoni plays some fast bowlers for awful long time when they are out of form, low in confidence and finishes them. Then sometimes he drops some of them when they can be good. Had a good pool of pacers from Dravid-Chappel's team and today after 5 years of his captaincy, we have none of them. Not saying entirely his fault, but he played his part well. So I won't be too excited on Shami.

Dhoni plays some fast bowlers for awful long time when they are out of form, low in confidence and finishes them. Then sometimes he drops some of them when they can be good. Had a good pool of pacers from Dravid-Chappel's team and today after 5 years of his captaincy, we have none of them. Not saying entirely his fault, but he played his part well. So I won't be too excited on Shami.
Yup. Dhoni doesn't know how to handle fast bowlers. I 'll wait a bit to give my judgement on Shami
Shami naturally bowls outswingers with the new cherry,can bring it in too.Today he showed that can move it both ways with the old ball too.His pace is a plus as he's very skillful.In a nutshell he's a complete bowler & better than BK,Umesh in my view.
I know he can out swing the ball. In India , pacers are often told to focus on outswing and use the inswing or incutter less. Fact is, on low subcontinent pitches, edges do not often carry to the slips. Pacers who are skiddy and have some pace, often take more wickets with indippers. But, after playing for team India, players seem to reduce bowling indippers.