Umesh yadav-pretty impressive.

Yadav is impressive but I think people need to be weary before hopping on the bandwagon. Remember that Ishant was similarly a bit wayward and yet successful in West Indies and then went on to be poor and inconsistent in England. Yadav needs to prove himself against better opposition.

Yadav is impressive but I think people need to be weary before hopping on the bandwagon. Remember that Ishant was similarly a bit wayward and yet successful in West Indies and then went on to be poor and inconsistent in England. Yadav needs to prove himself against better opposition.
Yadav and Ishant both are different kind of bowlers firstly. Conditions in England would never have suited Ishant's bowling and in other words, Ishant is one dimensional in terms what he can do with the ball. Whatever, cricket I have seen, I largely understand, a bowler who does not have a good out swinger usually struggle to be very successful or to be wicket taker in any conditions. This is why Ishant struggles and his angle has been worked quite well by batsmen like KP. Umesh is different in this case. He has good out swing delivery, good bouncer, and can bowl yorkers too. A fast bowler needs to have these two-three tricks up his sleeve to be successful in any condition. IF he can only bowl out swingers with mixture of bouncer and yorkers on a consistent basis, he will be successful more often than not. I am not predicting his future or saying he can be failed, but I am just talking after seeing the ingredients he has in his bowling.
Yadav and Ishant both are different kind of bowlers firstly. Conditions in England would never have suited Ishant's bowling and in other words, Ishant is one dimensional in terms what he can do with the ball. Whatever, cricket I have seen, I largely understand, a bowler who does not have a good out swinger usually struggle to be very successful or to be wicket taker in any conditions. This is why Ishant struggles and his angle has been worked quite well by batsmen like KP.
Overly simplistic. England have plenty of left handers, for one, who Ishant takes the ball away from. Moreover, if he'd been accurate at 140kph, he would have done better against Trott and Pietersen. He seams and bounces the ball enough to be a handful if he bowls with sustained accuracy.
Umesh is different in this case. He has good out swing delivery' date=' good bouncer, and can bowl yorkers too. A fast bowler needs to have these two-three tricks up his sleeve to be successful in any condition. IF he can only bowl out swingers with mixture of bouncer and yorkers on a consistent basis, he will be successful more often than not.[/quote'] Again, I feel you're simplifying a bit too much. Essentially, the importance is the quality and consistency of the stock ball in Test cricket. Yadav will not get many Test batsmen out with his bouncer, even indirectly (pressure, etc) nor the yorker. He will get them out with LBW and bowleds and caught behinds off good and short of a length deliveries.

Hoping now Dhoni finally realised the difference between bowlers like Yadav & hopefully Aaron & someone like Vinay Kumar who can have some success bowling to crappy Ranji batsmans...but cant handle Intl Cricket. If Zak can get to 100%...& Ishant can maintain his fitness...Aus tour will see a good tussle for quick bowlers. Such a see change from Eng tour just recently...where we saw endless tudlers

Overly simplistic. England have plenty of left handers, for one, who Ishant takes the ball away from. Moreover, if he'd been accurate at 140kph, he would have done better against Trott and Pietersen. He seams and bounces the ball enough to be a handful if he bowls with sustained accuracy. Again, I feel you're simplifying a bit too much. Essentially, the importance is the quality and consistency of the stock ball in Test cricket. Yadav will not get many Test batsmen out with his bouncer, even indirectly (pressure, etc) nor the yorker. He will get them out with LBW and bowleds and caught behinds off good and short of a length deliveries.
I am not saying he will get lot of wickets with bouncer and yorkers. Those are change up and surprise deliveries so that a bowler does not become predictable and to send the batsman on the back foot. Any batsman will think twice to come on to the front foot premeditated if the bowler has the ability to send a 145K bouncer suddenly. I believe he should polish his out swing more and he should improve on it as he plays more especially in seaming conditions. Regarding, Ishant you said he should have troubled KP and Trott more, but he did trouble them quite a lot, and in the end they were working his angled deliveries quite well through the leg side by shuffling toward off as he was not able to take the ball away more often.
Well done Yadav, what bowling. If it was just Ishant and another ordinary pacer, we would have never got through the middle and lower order. This guy outbowling a 4 year old veteran, he gets the ball to skid on at pace which makes him dangerous. Shame Aaron didn't bowl with Yadav in this match. As I said before 2nd test we should have done this, Ishant would only pick up 2-3 wickets and be mediocre most times which he was!
Looks like you have a bamboo stick up your ass. What's the reason to drag Ishant into every freaking post of yours?

We need to really take care of Aaron and Yadav and not have them overplayed and burnt out too early in their careers. They are both now in the limelight and you can be sure IPL teams will be queueing up to buy them. BCCI needs to set a managed schedule for them in which test matches and world cups are the priority.

Because Ishant is taking Sree's place in the team. :cantstop:
Ishant taking Sree place.....:giggle: Sree was always India's 3rd bowler...& since he choose to stay a **** bowler...he is rightly thrown out of the team. Ishant will much better...atleast he dont make a fool out of himself everytime he steps on the field