Ra.One-Superhero Flick

rkt.india

They should learn the trick from Rakesh Roshan' date=' I didn't like jadoo 1 & 2 much either but it didn't cause nausea like ra.one did. Those 2 movie were bearable especially jadoo 1[/quote'] Very correct. It's not that the Indian viewers dont like sci-fi. Only that they have not been presented with a version that they would like. Bollywood now has the money to make the best looking effects, but effects don't make a movie successful. The other elements of a good film have to be there. Everyone claimed that a film around cricket would never work till Lagan came. Lagan was not only about Cricket, but was a good film that happened to be based on a cricket related story. It had a great story, a very strong screenplay, good characterization, good acting and all other elements of a good movie. A good movie will always work irrespective of the genre. There is no reason why a sci-fi will not work in India. Like desi pointed out, Rakesh Roshan has already proved that it can work.

Are you Komal Nahata? :cantstop:
Nahi yaar. However, I am fascinated by boxoffice numbers and budgets of big hollywood/bollywood flicks. Avatar was an event movie and I was actually following the news and BO numbers of that movie very closely back in Dec 2009-Mar 2010. People were saying it will be a giant flop, but James Cameron gave a tight slap to his detractors/critics again!

It is a hard pick, which one of SRK's roles/movies were worst executed... e.g. Paheli - which was Indian entry for Oscars - ahead of Black!!! Paheli was in Rajasthani setup, and Mr SRK was sporting his typical urban hairstyle, where everyone else was very much into Rajasthani getup.

I wonder why Indians cannot make a decent SCIFI movie,some of the shorts on youtube made by amateur filmmakers look way better. I was seriously dissapointed with Robo as well. The concept was much better than what it turned on film. If Koi Mil Gaya and Krish are our benchmark for graphics then we have set our standars very low given the fact that most of Harry Potter's graphics were designed by outsourced companies in India by Indians

We look upto Harry Potter and LOR but there is so much material to make a good graphic-filled movie in our own mythology. but unfortunately I dread the day when bollywood ends up making any mythological movies because I don't want some talentless model hack with 6-pack abs and a bimbo with 0-size figure without a bone of talent playing Indian mythological characters. I am going off on a tangent with my rant but the lack of creativity in Indian movies dissapoints me.

I did not like Black at all...nor Paheli
Another movie that totally deserved to go for oscars that year was Dharma. Not many saw it, but it was an amazing movie on the Hindu-Muslim issues in India. But then, there was the politics and the lobbying. Somehow SRK thought Paheli was a masterpiece and kept pushing it. He used all his powers to stop both Dharma and Black.

Some of you guys are being extremely critical of the movie. Sure, the story was lousy and acting ( if it can be called that) average. But SRK's objective was to rake in the moolah. He's done that. I don't think his intent was to create an artistic masterpiece.

It is a hard pick' date=' which one of SRK's roles/movies were worst executed... e.g. Paheli - which was Indian entry for Oscars - ahead of Black!!! Paheli was in Rajasthani setup, and Mr SRK was sporting his typical urban hairstyle, where everyone else was very much into Rajasthani getup.[/quote'] Black was not an original movie that is why it did not go to Oscar. It was inspired from a movie made before.