Is Ashwin the genuine all rounder we are looking for?

Don't think he'll have a problem slotting in at number 4 though. All he needs is some shampoo and a comb to do the grooming.
why number 4 only, he can very well be slotted to any position in team? Our team has become homogeneous. Batsmen don't bat better than any of the bowlers and bowlers are not bowling any better than the what regular batsman would have done. But yeah, you continue with your smart jibes at number 4.
why number 4 only, he can very well be slotted to any position in team? Our team has become homogeneous. Batsmen don't bat better than any of the bowlers and bowlers are not bowling any better than the what regular batsman would have done. But yeah, you continue with your smart jibes at number 4.
I'll let him speak for himself but how is that a dig. Gambhir, Sehwag have done OK-good. Pujara won us a game in Ahmadabad. that is till no. 3. Our bhagwaan is neither willing to move down nor move out.
I'll let him speak for himself but how is that a dig. Gambhir, Sehwag have done OK-good. Pujara won us a game in Ahmadabad. that is till no. 3. Our bhagwaan is neither willing to move down nor move out.
No. None of batsmen other than Pujara has done good. No need to pull Sachin in thread of Ashwin. There are enough number of threads for that. This rear guard action can't hide the rubbish bowling that Ashwin has produced in this series.
No. None of batsmen other than Pujara has done good. No need to pull Sachin in thread of Ashwin. There are enough number of threads for that. This rear guard action can't hide the rubbish bowling that Ashwin has produced in this series.
Gambhir and Sehwag both have avged 40+ in this series, not bad as openers. Don't lump Sachin's failures with others and make look everyone bad. Agree, shouldn't have derailed this thread and yes, Ashwin's bowling has been very poor.
Gambhir and Sehwag both have avged 40+ in this series, not bad as openers. Don't lump Sachin's failures with others and make look everyone bad. Agree, shouldn't have derailed this thread and yes, Ashwin's bowling has been very poor.
Its not a question of just numbers and average. Are you Gambhir in disguise by any chance ? As openers, they didnt bat long enough or put enough runs to put India in a good position.
Ashwin may not be in good from with the ball but seeing his form with the bat as compared to some of our top batsmen' date=' there's a genuine case for keeping him in the side as a batsman who can also bowl.[/quote'] So he playes in place of UV as allrounder. I'm okay with that. Then we need a genuine spinner. Can we get hold of a rooky Leg spinner to bamboozle the English in the last test. Why the Indian selection process is so Fecked up? Don't they give damn about winning or atleast saving the home series?
So he playes in place of UV as allrounder. I'm okay with that. Then we need a genuine spinner. Can we get hold of a rooky Leg spinner to bamboozle the English in the last test. Why the Indian selection process is so Fecked up? Don't they give damn about winning or atleast saving the home series?
thats something that may happen in the next series. In this series I don't see UV being dropped. As for the selectors, I think its wrong to put all the blame on them for selecting/not selecting certain players when its obvious that there are few men (IPL ki yellow jersey wali team se associated) whose writ runs in Indian cricket right now so if they want/don't want a certain player then selectors may have their hands tied.
Kiran MOre on IBN7 was saying He wont judge Bhajji based on one test as he has come back in the team after good performances. Which performances he was taking about?:nervous:
i just dont get it man, its like all these selectors and players live in a different universe... some of the statements that have come out from the board, the players, some of the selectors during the past year are bordering on LIES...its as if they are just LYING to the public knowing fully well that nobody will notice
He is scoring runs but he cant be considered a genuine test batsman. He is still only a bowler who can bat. His batting achievements look better because of how poorly other batsmen are doing.
83* in 4th innings of a test facing defeat is damn good even for a top order bat, let alone a #8. If this is not genuine, what is? I think he can move before the keeper in batting order and take over the #6 spot and be an extra bowler.
83* in 4th innings of a test facing defeat is damn good even for a top order bat' date=' let alone a #8. If this is not genuine, what is? I think he can move before the keeper in batting order and take over the #6 spot and be an extra bowler.[/quote'] Absolutely. Looks good against the bowlers. He can walk into our current team as as batsman. Obviously, everyone is scared because of how Irfan's career went, but that doesn't take away anything from Aswin's batting. The stats comparing him against Botham speaks for itself, give him some chances. It'll be much better than what others in this team are getting. I really liked his expression at the close of today's play, when his face really showed how much it meant to take the play towards the 5th day:hatsoff: