Where is Duncan Fletcher?

may be the idea of denying any practise against spin was his' date=' but should not he also watch domestic cricket or watch Raina/Tiwary/Rahane in action?[/quote'] He should - but currently I think he is on BCCI's leash. He just does as they say; if he goes against them he will lose his job.
Time to get rid of this guy. Useless. No vision' date=' no motivation, no real strategy. Atleast dismiss him on the basis of bad luck. No real achievements under his tenure.[/quote'] While I am all up for dumping Fletcher...I am scared that getting rid of him will extend the life-span of all the other mistakes we have been comitting in terms of selections,etc since a popular perception seems that All wrongs in Indian cricket right now starts and ends with Fletcher. Flecther did not add value but to blame him for everything that has been happening in Indian cricket is wrong
While I am all up for dumping Fletcher...I am scared that getting rid of him will extend the life-span of all the other mistakes we have been comitting in terms of selections,etc since a popular perception seems that All wrongs in Indian cricket right now starts and ends with Fletcher. Flecther did not add value but to blame him for everything that has been happening in Indian cricket is wrong
That is just the starting point. Should have been done long back. He cannot keep holding on to his job by shifting the blame on captain.

We won the World Cup when we had Gary Kirsten as coach. We won the World T20 Cup when we had no coach. We lost 8-0 abroad with Duncan as coach. Moral: No coach is better than a bad coach, LOL :--D On a serious note, a coach's role is very limited in Cricket when compared to other team sports. So can't blame Duncan for everything.

That is just the starting point. Should have been done long back. He cannot keep holding on to his job by shifting the blame on captain.
In cricket, the coach has a marginal role to play. To suggest that getting rid of Fletcher would solve the fundamental issues of the team or look for causation where there is correlation would be very naive.
In cricket' date=' the coach has a marginal role to play. To suggest that getting rid of Fletcher would solve the fundamental issues of the team or look for causation where there is correlation would be very naive.[/quote'] Depends on the coach i would say. This guy was a spent force when BCCI bizzarrely hired him. There were warnings about this guy even when he was hired. When you hire a coach you hire him with certain degree of expectation. What is his role.. motivating the side or mental conditioning or ironing out flaws or facilitating them to improve their game, managing egoistic personalities, setting out goals and taking them in that direction... what exactly his role is. If he is just there for namesake he better should be let go.
We won the World Cup when we had Gary Kirsten as coach. We won the World T20 Cup when we had no coach. We lost 8-0 abroad with Duncan as coach. Moral: No coach is better than a bad coach, LOL :--D On a serious note, a coach's role is very limited in Cricket when compared to other team sports. So can't blame Duncan for everything.
It is not blame. That is just firing an incompetent employee.
What about the captain then-Everything that Duncan's competency is measured against+2 T20 WC exits pre-Duncan era+on-field performances in 2/3 formats etc
Basically Dhoni's existence in the team can give a free ride for Duncan? Dhoni few things in his resume to show for India. What does duncan have? Oh ya coach of a side that had 9 test losses in a row to Australia.
Basically Dhoni's existence in the team can give a free ride for Duncan? Dhoni few things in his resume to show for India. What does duncan have? Oh ya coach of a side that had 9 test losses in a row to Australia.
and Dhoni cares less about such things watching domestic matches or look for talented players to select, etc.