A disgraceful moment in Indian cricketing history

No Sir !! There are certain things more important than country and team as you put it so delicately. Sachin was the lone warrior for India in the 90s. He played his heart out when others failed. I think losing 10 odd tests and about 10 odd ODIs is a small price to pay for the moment of pride his 100th 100 brings to India. Indian cricket was never about team. Seriously. Our selection policy. Our fans / fanatics are really testimony to that. So, if the team really did well, it was more by accident than design. In any case, it is secondary.

No Sir !! There are certain things more important than country and team as you put it so delicately. Sachin was the lone warrior for India in the 90s. He played his heart out when others failed. I think losing 10 odd tests and about 10 odd ODIs is a small price to pay for the moment of pride his 100th 100 brings to India. Indian cricket was never about team. Seriously. Our selection policy. Our fans / fanatics are really testimony to that. So, if the team really did well, it was more by accident than design. In any case, it is secondary.
Sad but true :sad:

lol... this thread is funny... especially Lurker's responses...hilarious and i have started to relate to the frustration ppl are developing against Sachin fanboys ... they are getting ridiculously annoying... and i strongly feel nobody hates tendulkar in India... some r genuine to admit his faults, which is the way it should be...

Heck even if Sachin had score 100 runs in 110 runs and we lost. There would be threads like this, very pathetic. A lack of logic and I think the biggest reason is that people are just becoming jealous of him and his glory. So they will find any ways to demean his value. (Just ask the Pakistanis on that)

lol... this thread is funny... especially Lurker's responses...hilarious and i have started to relate to the frustration ppl are developing against Sachin fanboys ... they are getting ridiculously annoying... and i strongly feel nobody hates tendulkar in India... some r genuine to admit his faults, which is the way it should be...
Tendulkar's worst enemies are his fanboys.
Heck even if Sachin had score 100 runs in 110 runs and we lost. There would be threads like this, very pathetic. A lack of logic and I think the biggest reason is that people are just becoming jealous of him and his glory. So they will find any ways to demean his value. (Just ask the Pakistanis on that)
even if sachin has scored a 100 of 200 balls yesterday , few fanboys will still defending him :hatsoff:
even if sachin has scored a 100 of 200 balls yesterday ' date=' few fanboys will still defending him :hatsoff:[/quote'] So where does it end? Fact is for Sachin it is a lose lose game. If he scores well and India wins, there will be some saying so what, it is the team who won, and even without Sachin, we would have won that match. If he scores well and India loses, it is all Sachin fault. If he does not score well and India loses, what is the use of Sachin?, he should retire. If he does not score well and India wins: had it not been Sachin, we would have won more comfortably and player X as shown from this match can easily replace Sachin.
So where does it end? Fact is for Sachin it is a lose lose game. If he scores well and India wins, there will be some saying so what, it is the team who won, and even without Sachin, we would have won that match. If he scores well and India loses, it is all Sachin fault. If he does not score well and India loses, what is the use of Sachin?, he should retire. If he does not score well and India wins: had it not been Sachin, we would have won more comfortably and player X as shown from this match can easily replace Sachin.
i dont think we are blaming sachin for our whitewash in england and in australia :winky: if sachin plays a selfish knock and we lose , he deserved the credit for losing the game :hatsoff: Last time when we face BD , sehwag faced 140 balls and scored 175 and not 114

CCP

Tendu in death overs till he got his 100 (mind you they were only 2 down) 39.2 Shakib Al Hasan to Tendulkar, no run, 86.6 kph, shuffles and clips it to the on side 39.3 Shakib Al Hasan to Tendulkar, 1 wide, 80.3 kph, drifts down the leg side and he nearly gets a tickle 39.3 Shakib Al Hasan to Tendulkar, 1 run, 84.8 kph, floated down the leg side and he tucks it to the on side, 95 now 40.1 Abdur Razzak to Tendulkar, 1 run, 90.1 kph, flater delivery on the pads and he clips him wide of square leg 40.3 Abdur Razzak to Tendulkar, 1 run, 92.0 kph, gets forward and pushes it late to mid-on, 97 now 40.5 Abdur Razzak to Tendulkar, no run, 81.7 kph, he risks staying back at the crease and clips it, very close to the pads 40.6 Abdur Razzak to Tendulkar, 1 run, 82.6 kph, more flight this time and he goes to 98 with a gentle clip to the leg side, he retains the strike too 41.1 Shakib Al Hasan to Tendulkar, no run, 81.4 kph, tossed up on middle and off and pushed down to mid-off 41.2 Shakib Al Hasan to Tendulkar, no run, 82.9 kph, uses his feet and he can only drive back to the bowler 41.3 Shakib Al Hasan to Tendulkar, no run, 82.2 kph, shuffles and tries to steal a single to the on side, Rahim rushes and stops it 41.4 Shakib Al Hasan to Tendulkar, 1 run, 83.5 kph, goes to 99 with a gentle push to long-off, just one run away 42.5 Abdur Razzak to Tendulkar, no run, 88.6 kph, and nope! Will have to wait, clipped straight to midwicket 42.6 Abdur Razzak to Tendulkar, no run, 88.2 kph, he can only softly punch it to short extra cover, mid-off had gone back, the wait continues... 43.4 Shakib Al Hasan to Tendulkar, 1 run, 84.2 kph, and he's finally done it! Clips it down to square leg and jogs the single, very subdued celebration, he must be mightily relieved but he's not showing it, removes his helmet, the Bangladesh fie;lder congratulate him, 100 international centuries - we may never see it emulated, well done Sachin! Take a bow

"i demand to take doping test on shakib and musfiqur, i'm sure they will be tested positive a dope test. and they should get life ban." I am sure they took drug before they come to bat. ICC should investigate. Please someone tell me, am i right?

Nobody knows. Tendulkar had a bit of problem against Ajmal in the semi. He wasn't quiet able to pick up the doosra from the hand. Also almost all their spinners are accurate and at the batsman all the time. If he is planning on cute sweeps' date=' paddle shots he will get out leg before or caught down the leg side.[/quote'] In the last match I felt Goddy was playing with a 100 pound bat. He was very awkward and didnt time or connect anything especially when he missed those free hits and paddle sweeps after the 100.
Good to see Outsider's is the last standing thread based on what transpired yesterday(Sachin's strange tactics costing the team some runs and in the final analysis the game). Outside of all threads this one rightly is retained and appropriate to the game yesterday. Good deal.
Ok
Good to see Outsider's is the last standing thread based on what transpired yesterday(Sachin's strange tactics costing the team some runs and in the final analysis the game). Outside of all threads this one rightly is retained and appropriate to the game yesterday. Good deal.
ok
Well strangely I don't blame an individual for our loss. Although Sachin's selfishness is stuff of legends now. But there is a cultural issue, there is a systemic issue, there is some misplaced sense of priorities when it comes to the board, team or its fans. Sachin is merely an embodiment of it. In this culture, I can very well imagine somebody putting personal milestones over team without even being aware of it.