India vs England 2012

India vs England 2012  

1. 1.

• Yes, I feel excess money in Indian cricket system may have spoilt things
    • No, I think money has no influence on our Test side problems

Some of the guys here are seriously underestimating Bhajji's credentials.He's far from his best but can be as good as he was.He's still 32 & as a spinner still has got 3-4 years left in him though it's tough for him to be selected in the first XI for the test side as Ashwin is a better bowler,far better batsman at no.8(I actually rate him higher than Dhoni & Raina in tests)than Bhajji & as bad a fielder as him.Ojha will also be preferred over him as he brings variety to the table but Bhajji can be the 3rd spinner in the side ahead of Chawla,Rahul or the new kid Harmeet.

I doubt Manoj Tiwary will ever play test ckt.... Rayadu should be gvien the nod ahead of Tiwary & Yuvraj
It's not abt what we think it's abt what they think.I also feel Rayudu is a better bet than Manoj to play test cricket for India.But that'll not happen.Even Anustup Majumder could've been there ahead of Manoj.

Didnt we get to play against some 2nd team of a 2nd tier county when we toured? There are 2 more games after this and BCCI could actually be using this as a test ground for picking the pace bowlers as we already know who the 2 spinners are going to be. As it should. Whatever it is, sparks are already flying. Considering that a lot of people where blaming IPL for the KP saga, the recent whinge about not getting selected to the main draw of the CL and revamping their county schedule and pulling out of next years CL, ECB seems to be drawing their weapons at the BCCI. Even the sky saga is affecting the relationship between the boards as ECB looks upon sky as their master.

I would love to see, Irfan, Ishant, Zak, Umesh along with Ashwin and Pragyan as bowlers in the squad, Ideally Sehwag comes in one or two down, will give us depth both in bowling and batting.I hope R Sharma is not forgotten as he needs to be persisted with as he will at some point definitely come good. BCCI should build a pool of players specially keeping in mind the tours away next year which will be the acid test, try more bowlers and batters.

It's not abt what we think it's abt what they think.I also feel Rayudu is a better bet than Manoj to play test cricket for India.But that'll not happen.Even Anustup Majumder could've been there ahead of Manoj.
I agree Tiwary does not have the game and temperament to play test's also he is not good against decent bowlers, he tries to play every ball regardless of where it pitches on the leg side.

England have point to prove - Finn Steven Finn said England's loss of the No. 1 ranking to South Africa had left them with a point to prove in India

148819.jpg

"It is almost a fresh start for us," Finn said, "the Test team hasn't played together since August so we've had a bit of time and we've got a new captain who will have his own ideas how he wants the team to move forward. There are a few fresh faces in the squad and I think we like proving people wrong. We like rearing our backs up in the face of adversity. "It is something we're excited about, I don't think an England team have won out there for 27 years so we're looking to do a similar thing to what we did in Australia, by breaking those sort of records." "We have a massive point to prove," Finn said. "We have to prove to the general public, to the people who comment on the game and to people within the game. If we want to be the number one side in the world again and get that mantle back we have to be able to perform in subcontinental conditions. "We have done a lot of work since we played Pakistan earlier this year, as a unit and as a team, developing skills that we will need in the subcontinent - playing against spin, using old balls on wickets that aren't doing much. We have done a lot of work to refine our game to become better in the subcontinent and hopefully that will bear fruit on this tour."
http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/content/story/588157.html

Irfan should get a chance & he can prove that he is capable in the practice match. His ability to swing the ball makes him lethal with the red ball plus he can bat very very well for a no.8 at test level,that means Ashwin at 9.We'll have a pretty long batting line up then.But bowlers win u matches & u've to take 20 wkts so he should be drafted into the test squad only & if only he take wkts in the FC & practice matches.

Irfan should get a chance & he can prove that he is capable in the practice match. His ability to swing the ball makes him lethal with the red ball plus he can bat very very well for a no.8 at test level,that means Ashwin at 9.We'll have a pretty long batting line up then.But bowlers win u matches & u've to take 20 wkts so he should be drafted into the test squad only & if only he take wkts in the FC & practice matches.
In tests you need bowlers who can take wickets and irfan on indian pitches has struggled ,Also playing 2 leftarmers is not on.