India vs England 2012

India vs England 2012  

1. 1.

• Yes, I feel excess money in Indian cricket system may have spoilt things
    • No, I think money has no influence on our Test side problems

The question to be asked is if he was not going to replace any of the openers, why exactly has he not been released to play the ongoing Ranji matches? How does it help a young player if he is denied the chance to play and build his form in FC cricket and instead asked to warm the benches for the national side? The same goes for other reserve players in the side as well.
Youre right. even more true for Ishant I think. But we also need 12th men to field and what if someone gets injured on the morning of the match or something.. maybe he can be released the day the match starts and get a club player to be sub fielder if needed

Wow, sounds like some match. On the players- Nice to see Mish had a good match and seems like Bhatt had a good match. WTH happened to him after topping the wicket takers lists two seasons ago he faded last year... hope he finds the mojo again. Vohra is supposed to be a good pacer too.. Baroda missing Irfan

Wow' date=' sounds like some match. On the players- Nice to see Mish had a good match and seems like Bhatt had a good match. WTH happened to him after topping the wicket takers lists two seasons ago he faded last year... hope he finds the mojo again. Vohra is supposed to be a good pacer too.. Baroda missing Irfan[/quote'] It was Mishra who lost Haryna the match having got the thrashing by Baroda 10 and 11, gave away runs over 7 rpo. It was Mohit Sharma the fast bowler who took 9 wickets in the match and made match that close for Haryana last day with his 5-fer. He bowled 15 overs on the trott last day taking 50/5.

England's T20 & ODI Squad [table=head]T20|ODI S.Broad*|A.Cook* J.Bairstow|J.Bairstow T.Bresnan|I.Bell D.Briggs|D.Briggs J.Buttler|T.Bresnan J.Dernbach|J.Dernbach A.Hales|S.Finn M.Lumb|C.Kieswetter S.Meaker|S.Meaker E.Morgan|E.Morgan S.Patel|S.Patel J.Tredwell|K.Pietersen L.Wright|J.Tredwell -|J.Trott -|J.Anderson (first three matches) -|S.Broad (final two matches) [/table] Didn't KP retire from the limited overs game? :confused:

It's absolutely ridiculous how the selectors don't actually select England's best ODI team. Our full strength lineup could be potentially excellent. Cook Bell Trott Pietersen Morgan Prior Bresnan Broad Swann Anderson Finn Anderson and Finn with the new ball. Broad and Bresnan for the middle overs keeping it tight. Swann for the spin. Morgan, Pietersen and Prior for a very explosive and fast scoring middle order. Cook to keep things ticking at the start. Bell since his ODI comback has been very explosive. Trott to stabilize the middle. Should on paper work very well.

It's absolutely ridiculous how the selectors don't actually select England's best ODI team. Our full strength lineup could be potentially excellent. Cook Bell Trott Pietersen Morgan Prior Bresnan Broad Swann Anderson Finn Anderson and Finn with the new ball. Broad and Bresnan for the middle overs keeping it tight. Swann for the spin. Morgan, Pietersen and Prior for a very explosive and fast scoring middle order. Cook to keep things ticking at the start. Bell since his ODI comback has been very explosive. Trott to stabilize the middle. Should on paper work very well.
An attack of Anderson,Broad,Bresnan on most surfaces catering to ODI's and T20's, even more in the subcontinent would be canon fodder for most big teams.Infact most teams will not pick a 4 man pace attack unless you are WI of the old. Bresnan doesnt bring anything to the table as a LOI player....Patel from what I have seen is a very good LOI player.

England's success in built only on four players , rest are passengers, if Cook, KP out of picture things don't look that good, our batters will deal with Monty, Swann a lot better, hope Tendulkar fails the series so we get rid of him as he has been a liability for last 2 years, Yuvraj will never be a good test bat, Zak should retire with Sachin,Dhoni needs to be kicked out with Bhajji if that ever happens.Dinda is a mediocre bowler, let Ishant play a season in County or Ranji, Shami, Irfan, Pankaj, Manpreet, Suyal Umesh,should be our test bowlers.

India's success is currently built on two players; Ojha and Pujara. The rest are passengers.

An attack of Anderson,Broad,Bresnan on most surfaces catering to ODI's and T20's, even more in the subcontinent would be canon fodder for most big teams.Infact most teams will not pick a 4 man pace attack unless you are WI of the old. Bresnan doesnt bring anything to the table as a LOI player....Patel from what I have seen is a very good LOI player.
In English conditions, SA aside there isn't an attack better than England's. Maybe if Aussies were not all permanent sicknotes. I agree in SC conditions Anderson especially may be fodder. However note we beat Pakistan 4-0 in the recent series and our bowlers did fantasticly well. Patel is crap. There is no discussion. His bowling should be renamed, SLF Slow left flith. I suppose he can whack it at bit. England's bowlng however is in safe hands at the moment, we've got so many quicks coming through and spinners aswell. Spinners we've got; Kerrigan, Briggs, Adil Rashid, Borthwick. Quicks we've got: Meaker, Woakes, Finn, Topley, Overton brothers, Roland-Jones. FC stats 23 Meaker averages 27.15 with 147 wickets 23 year old Woakes averges 25.05 and has 250 wickets Finn you know all about Reece Topley is just 18 and averages 22.5 with 45 wickets 24 Year old Roland Jones averages 20.78 and has 132 wickets Overton brothers have about 20 FC wickets between them so no point using their stats yet. But yeah, hopefully if the ECB decides ODI's are of little importance we could field these youngsters.