Speed and Performance of Indian Fast bowlers in IPL

vishalvirsingh

I read an interview of Varun Aroon and he was all praise for the Accuracy of Umesh Yadav. He said UY is very accurate and has greaat control over line n length.
Surprisingly we have yet to see the so called control on the field. Umesh has control and accuracy alright - but only in comparison to Aaron. Otherwise every over he bowls has a short & wide delivery followed by the one drifting down the leg.

Surprisingly we have yet to see the so called control on the field. Umesh has control and accuracy alright - but only in comparison to Aaron. Otherwise every over he bowls has a short & wide delivery followed by the one drifting down the leg.
Aaron is more accurate than Yadav.

I don't find either of them too accurate. Plus they are predictable with their pace and line & length, especially Aaron. I really hope they master slower ball and yorkers. I didn't see them bowling too many yorkers even when their length balls was being carted all over the ground.

i agree. umesh to me seem more rhythm bowler. on his day he is really good but on his off day he drifts too much towards leg . aron is geniune brute force pacer, putting lot of shoulder behind. bowler like Aaron are generally more accurate.

I don't find either of them too accurate. Plus they are predictable with their pace and line & length' date=' especially Aaron. I really hope they master slower ball and yorkers. I didn't see them bowling too many yorkers even when their length balls was being carted all over the ground.[/quote'] i would like them to learn useing a faster ball, preferably a yorker, fast inswinging yorker.

i would like them to learn useing a faster ball' date=' preferably a yorker, fast inswinging yorker.[/quote'] It would be godsend for Indian cricket if we get an Indian pacer who can bowl yorkers. In fact we never had a bowler in our history who could bowl yorkers consistently.

Probably after seeing IPL and reading cricket Star magazineinterview- it seems Aaron has accepted that umesh is the senior, faster, even more accurate of the two. Do Read the latest edition and seems like Aaron is a bit Underprepared and one who is mentally also not prepared to agree that he is the best. For me he needs to master his Skills that's his pace and he should be more confident on himself that what he is. He is a Super fast and highly Talented and had I been Aaron I wud have beleived that I am one of the best in the World. I feel he shud be more confident on himself.

I don't find either of them too accurate. Plus they are predictable with their pace and line & length' date=' especially Aaron. I really hope they master slower ball and yorkers. I didn't see them bowling too many yorkers even when their length balls was being carted all over the ground.[/quote'] They are rookies. They can only develop. Everything comes with time and experience. Their priority right now is pace and to maintain that everything else will come. Doing too many things too early can ruin them same thing has happened to many of our bowlers including Ishant, Pathan, etc. you are saying you didnt see the yorkers, but you didnt see their yorkers when they were not carted. Why they were carted you didnt see that. It is when they tried to bowl yorkers. No bowler apart from Malinga bowls perfect yorkers that too because of his action. A little miss and yorkers will be delivered for a six that is what happened then. You must have seen them when they bowled superb yorkers. It is T20 up, no bowler is spared here.

but his natural length is not full ' date=' aaron just bowls good length deliveries which is nit good in death :beee:[/quote'] his natural length is full. He has bowled better yorkers and they will always be days when execution wont be right. No bowler in the world apart from Malinga can bowl yorkers at will.

i would like them to learn useing a faster ball' date=' preferably a yorker, fast inswinging yorker.[/quote'] inswing need the bowl to get rough. Didnt you see Aaron's inswinging yorkers against England in ODIs. No one bowls inswinging yorkers with 15-20 over old ball.

apart from gulla
It depends on the ball..how they manage it to swing it. Bowlers' skill is to target it well with swing, but without that swing, even yorkers can be taken for runs. Malinga is different and it is hard to come under his yorkers because low arm release.

inswing need the bowl to get rough. Didnt you see Aaron's inswinging yorkers against England in ODIs. No one bowls inswinging yorkers with 15-20 over old ball.
hmm intresting stuff.. but i have a tangential query, if one can bowl away swiniging deliveries, can they reverse the seam and bowl inswinging deliveries ? one more thing, when the ball gets old it swings one way and then reverses, i am not speaking about reverse swing. I want them to learn inswinging yorkers, the ones that malinga bowls.

hmm intresting stuff.. but i have a tangential query, if one can bowl away swiniging deliveries, can they reverse the seam and bowl inswinging deliveries ? one more thing, when the ball gets old it swings one way and then reverses, i am not speaking about reverse swing. I want them to learn inswinging yorkers, the ones that malinga bowls.
It is same theory even to swing the ball away with the old ball.

The same guy whose swing is seen while the ball is traveling to the boundary off Sehwag/Kohli/any Indian batman's bat :hysterical: Yup, I still remember those inswinging deliveries to the boundary :cantstop:
I showed the clip above that gul reverse the ball after 14, 15 overs or so in t20.