India A to play 3 first class matches on the A tour to WI, June 2012

Injured RP Singh out of A tour to West Indies

"I am very happy. All the hard work that I have put in and the wickets I have taken has come good today," Awana told ESPNcricinfo. "I would credit both the IPL and first-class cricket. The IPL got me noticed and all my first-class experience helped me do well in the IPL."
http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/566258.html Death Knell for RP Singh?

rp singh out. awana in. a tour indies. http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/566258.html

Injured RP Singh out of A tour to West Indies ESPNcricinfo staff May 26, 2012 RP Singh, the India fast bowler, has been ruled out of the A tour to the West Indies next month after injuring his right knee. He has been replaced by the Delhi right-arm seamer Parvinder Awana, who was impressive for Kings XI Punjab during the current edition of the IPL. RP, who last played for India during the tour of England in 2011, took ten wickets in 11 games for Mumbai Indians in the IPL. Awana impressed with his pace and control, leading Kings XI wicket charts with 17 wickets in 11 games, with a best of 4 for 34. He has claimed 110 first-class wickets from 32 matches in his career at an average of just under 30. He was expecting a call-up to the A squad when it was announced last month, but took the disappointment in his stride. Awana said he was happy his recent performances were being recognised. "I am very happy. All the hard work that I have put in and the wickets I have taken has come good today," Awana told ESPNcricinfo. "I would credit both the IPL and first-class cricket. The IPL got me noticed and all my first-class experience helped me do well in the IPL." India A play three four-day matches, three one-day matches and two Twenty20s on the tour, which begins in Barbados on June 2.