Umesh Yadav - As brainless as ever

The only time I remember an indian pacer that looked menacing was yadav in motera when ball was reverse swinging of shami in Kolkata against Wi in recent times
Shami definitely i agree a match winning fast bowler. NOt sure i can say the same about Umesh who does not have enough wicket taking deliveries, even if he has that will come once in a blue moon. At the age of 26 he should be able to bowl to your field. If you have 3 slips and you bowl 5 wides then that is going to get you nowhere. May be he can be tried in Tests. I won't build my hopes up as he does not have a meancing stock ball which all genuine quicks are blessed with.
Shami definitely i agree a match winning fast bowler. NOt sure i can say the same about Umesh who does not have enough wicket taking deliveries' date=' even if he has that will come once in a blue moon. At the age of 26 he should be able to bowl to your field. If you have 3 slips and you bowl 5 wides then that is going to get you nowhere. May be he can be tried in Tests. I won't build my hopes up as he does not have a meancing stock ball which all genuine quicks are blessed with.[/quote'] SR of 46 suggests that he takes wickets quickly. Problem is his control. I just don't see how that can be rectified tbh. Im not a bowling expert but something is really wrong when you can't bowl one single over consistently without bowling short and wide.
Has he run through a side ever in his career. like 4 or 5 wickets in a matter of 5 or 6 overs?... I mean that is the kind of pace bowler i am looking for. Someone who can run through a side . Even at domestic level?
he ran through Aus at Perth after they were 220 odd for 0. He dismissed Haryana for 55 in Ranji taking 5/17 in 2012-13 season. He ran through Aus top order even at MCG in both innings. He ran through Rajasthan in Irani trophy match in 2012. Watch his fantastic spell in Irani trophy against Rajasthan in 2011, can find on YouTube. Right now, he is having with his action and he will have find the solution if he needs to play for India for long, otherwise, he can be another one in a long list of RP, Pathan, Munaf, Sreesanth, Ishant all failures.
he ran through Aus at Perth after they were 220 odd for 0. He dismissed Haryana for 55 in Ranji taking 5/17 in 2012-13 season. He ran through Aus top order even at MCG in both innings. He ran through Rajasthan in Irani trophy match in 2012. Watch his fantastic spell in Irani trophy against Rajasthan in 2011' date=' can find on YouTube. Right now, he is having with his action and he will have find the solution if he needs to play for India for long, otherwise, he can be another one in a long list of RP, Pathan, Munaf, Sreesanth, Ishant all failures.[/quote'] The depressing thing is that of all those failed players, the biggest, retard sharma, is STILL selected. Dhoni :facepalm:
he ran through Aus at Perth after they were 220 odd for 0. He dismissed Haryana for 55 in Ranji taking 5/17 in 2012-13 season. He ran through Aus top order even at MCG in both innings. He ran through Rajasthan in Irani trophy match in 2012. Watch his fantastic spell in Irani trophy against Rajasthan in 2011' date=' can find on YouTube. Right now, he is having with his action and he will have find the solution if he needs to play for India for long, otherwise, he can be another one in a long list of RP, Pathan, Munaf, Sreesanth, Ishant all failures.[/quote'] May be we should keep his just for tests and see how he goes. Though some bowlers don't suit one dayers it is no excuse not being able to exploit helpful conditions.
he ran through Aus at Perth after they were 220 odd for 0. He dismissed Haryana for 55 in Ranji taking 5/17 in 2012-13 season. He ran through Aus top order even at MCG in both innings. He ran through Rajasthan in Irani trophy match in 2012. Watch his fantastic spell in Irani trophy against Rajasthan in 2011' date= can find on YouTube. Right now, he is having with his action and he will have find the solution if he needs to play for India for long, otherwise, he can be another one in a long list of RP, Pathan, Munaf, Sreesanth, Ishant all failures.
Still remember those two spells. Fast, accurate and moving the ball at will. Not sure if this is a factor but I think he has beefed up a little too much, needs to be a bit more leaner IMO and could be back to his best again.
Still remember those two spells. Fast, accurate and moving the ball at will. Not sure if this is a factor but I think he has beefed up a little too much, needs to be a bit more leaner IMO and could be back to his best again.
No, that isn't the change. He is still very fit. He is muscular than beefed up. Observe his bowling action now after injury and before. There is a subtle change. He is trying to get too side on and too close to the stumps, the reason his head is falling away, release timing is going awry, ball a lot of times goes down leg. He did change it a bit after his first 3.3 overs were not good. I noticed Last 3 balls of his 4th over and that is how he needs to set his approach. His current approach approach at the crease is not working for him as it is not natural to him. He changed it to get more outswing but sometimes when he does not get it right, loses control completely and not able to control swing.
May be we should keep his just for tests and see how he goes. Though some bowlers don't suit one dayers it is no excuse not being able to exploit helpful conditions.
Yes, there is no excuse for him and he will have to find right approach for him as he blows too hot and cold. He has even tried to lower his pace to get accuracy but even that has not worked for him much. Problem with his release and stride. He has good seam and gets lot of outswing but he sometimes loses balance at the crease. When he gets it right, he can be very good because of the outswing but when he is poor, he is really poor. Even this season, in Vijay Hazare, he picked 5/26 in one match.

Umesh Yadav has lot to learn.He is still like a 17 year old,who only knows to bowl as fast as he can to the batsman.He does not use brain.Yesterday he may have cost us the match.Thank God Binny was in good form.It would have been very difficult to digest loss against Bangladesh

Problem with Umesh is that in every over, without fail, he has to bowl at least one bad delivery which will be promptly hit for a boundary. The pressure is instantly released. Pace is a double edged sword. Sure, you can intimidate the batsman..... but if the batsman gets a decent amount of bat on the ball, it can fly to the boundary.

Problem with Umesh is that in every over' date=' without fail, he has to bowl at least one bad delivery which will be promptly hit for a boundary. The pressure is instantly released. Pace is a double edged sword. Sure, you can intimidate the batsman..... but if the batsman gets a decent amount of bat on the ball, it can fly to the boundary.[/quote'] yes..both him and shami have this problem
Problem with his release and stride. He has good seam and gets lot of outswing but he sometimes loses balance at the crease. When he gets it right' date=' he can be very good because of the outswing but when he is poor, he is really poor.[/quote'] yes, it looks like more of a technical flaw at the point of release rather than him not using brain. hopefully our bowling coach is good enough to rectify it. i wish heath streak was our bowling coach. he had exceptional control over his swing. if you watched all his deliveries yesterday, even for such a worst perfomance, the talent he poses was clearly visible. some of those outswingers were truly world class and bang batsman were not good enough to edge it. those out swingers could seriously test a world class batsman. he has clearly improved his out swingers. so thats a good news. i thinkk we just need to play him in tests and the accuracy factor will come with time. it was an excellent opportunity to play him in 9 continuous test in eng and aus.
I don't think we have any such bowler. At domestic level' date=' I only remember deepak chahar doing that once against Hyderabad. The nature of our pitches will never allow for such performances[/quote'] Shami has. He ran through the Windies, unlucky he missed a hattrick. And that spell where he removed AB, JP and Faf in a matter of 2-3 overs, IIRC in SA.

Well it's not just him. All our pace bowlers lack quality and hence can't give consistent performances across any format. The selectors are helpless as far as quality pace bowlers pool is concerned. I would not blame them for selecting such pace bowlers. However, i would blame them for selecting bad batsmen because we have a better pool of quality batters across all formats.