'Ishant is an asset, don't risk his future'

J P K

That is when you have better or more talented players waiting in the wings and there is no better replacement for Ishant right now' date=' so you are always tend to give him more chance.[/quote'] Dinda,Awana,PK.bina try kare kaise pata chalega.
Dinda' date='Awana,PK.bina try kare kaise pata chalega.[/quote'] Awana is injured. He could have given a chance. Dinda is strict no. Dinda did not do much even on helpful WI tracks on A. Instead, I will pick Shami over him who was clearly better all then. PK can play overseas but in India no and he himself is struggling.
Awana is injured. He could have given a chance. Dinda is strict no. Dinda did not do much even on helpful WI tracks on A. Instead' date=' I will pick Shami over him who was clearly better all then. PK can play overseas but in India no and he himself is struggling.[/quote'] chalo Shami ko hi le lo.atleast try somebody.names r immaterial to my point
Guys, seriously ? A bowler goes from 48 => 58 => 67 => 90 in four of his last five series performances and you suggest we carry on with him ? When on earth do you try out someone else ? Talk about rewarding forkin incompetence! You're telling me the not-so-exceptional guys like Irfan, Praveen & Dinda will avg 100+ ? I'd go with a freakin second spinner like Ojha while touring if the above bowling series averages are what i had to live with :wall:
When Ishant leads India to the World Cup in Aus in 2015 then these words will come back to haunt you :smiley:
When Ishant leads India to the World Cup in Aus in 2015 then these words will come back to haunt you :smiley:
You forgot one thing: this is 2012. There's a lot of cricket before the 2015 WC, particularly test cricket which seems to be the main crux of discussion here. I hope he averages 8 with the ball and 80 with the bat and takes 50 catches in the WC, India will be better off with that. The bigger question is, is team India better off NOW with him as a third seamer after a really bad year followed by a long injury break ?
You forgot one thing: this is 2012. There's a lot of cricket before the 2015 WC' date=' particularly test cricket which seems to be the main crux of discussion here. I hope he averages 8 with the ball and 80 with the bat and takes 50 catches in the WC, India will be better off with that. The bigger question is, is team India better off NOW with him as a third seamer after a really bad year followed by a long injury break ?[/quote'] If our new bowling coach, Joe Dawes, can drill into his head to pitch the ball further up just as McDermott did with Aussie bowlers Ishant can turn around his career in a jiffy. Anyone can see Ishant is not that much different from Morkel but the problem is Ishant keeps it a bit too short thus missing the edge most of the times rather than getting wkts. He, out of all the bowlers we have, is the one who has the easiest correction to make. Remember WI tour of Aus in early 90s when Ambrose kept on beating the edge in the 1st 3 Tests and then changing his length to bowl fuller for the final 2 Tests to get bagful of wkts and help WI beat Aus 2-1? Ishant needs to make the exact same change and I hope Joe Dawes works with Ishant to work on it.
If our new bowling coach, Joe Dawes, can drill into his head to pitch the ball further up just as McDermott did with Aussie bowlers Ishant can turn around his career in a jiffy. Anyone can see Ishant is not that much different from Morkel but the problem is Ishant keeps it a bit too short thus missing the edge most of the times rather than getting wkts. He, out of all the bowlers we have, is the one who has the easiest correction to make. Remember WI tour of Aus in early 90s when Ambrose kept on beating the edge in the 1st 3 Tests and then changing his length to bowl fuller for the final 2 Tests to get bagful of wkts and help WI beat Aus 2-1? Ishant needs to make the exact same change and I hope Joe Dawes works with Ishant to work on it.
You have to agree to one point which is major concern, Ishant still does not know what kind of bowler he is and he said only recently he stopped trying to be Zaheer. This guy has already played 46 fricking Tests which would be a life time for many players and he still has no idea what he needs to bowl to get wickets. We need to stop putting onus on bowling coach to rectify the mistakes, he was playing for team that had batsmen with almost 800 test matches between them. They are all very astute thinkers of the game and they would be facing this guy in nets all the time and still he has not matured enough.As batsmen they would know what kind of bowling will trouble them and he sure would have got some pointers from them. If he has not worked out his strengths and weaknesses by now I am afraid he might never be able to do it. He played on the most helpful pitches on last three tours (SA, Eng, AUS) where our batsmen got decimated by fast bowlers and our batsmen are no slouches by any means and yet he ended up with so few wickets.
If our new bowling coach, Joe Dawes, can drill into his head to pitch the ball further up just as McDermott did with Aussie bowlers Ishant can turn around his career in a jiffy. Anyone can see Ishant is not that much different from Morkel but the problem is Ishant keeps it a bit too short thus missing the edge most of the times rather than getting wkts. He, out of all the bowlers we have, is the one who has the easiest correction to make. Remember WI tour of Aus in early 90s when Ambrose kept on beating the edge in the 1st 3 Tests and then changing his length to bowl fuller for the final 2 Tests to get bagful of wkts and help WI beat Aus 2-1? Ishant needs to make the exact same change and I hope Joe Dawes works with Ishant to work on it.
I actually think the opposite.he needs to hit the deck more.he bowls very rarely for a tall 150 kph bowler.back of the length with short leg in place should be his stock ball.but u never see short leg for him(I partly blame Dhoni for that).also he needs to bowl straight n make batsmen play most of the time.he needs to push them onto the back foot n then bowl the full one.like he did in Perth 2008 in that spell. instead he just tries to bowl line n length which he'll never be good at.his plays n misses are also off wide deliveries.he needs to show more aggro
You have to agree to one point which is major concern, Ishant still does not know what kind of bowler he is and he said only recently he stopped trying to be Zaheer. This guy has already played 46 fricking Tests which would be a life time for many players and he still has no idea what he needs to bowl to get wickets. We need to stop putting onus on bowling coach to rectify the mistakes, he was playing for team that had batsmen with almost 800 test matches between them. They are all very astute thinkers of the game and they would be facing this guy in nets all the time and still he has not matured enough.As batsmen they would know what kind of bowling will trouble them and he sure would have got some pointers from them. If he has not worked out his strengths and weaknesses by now I am afraid he might never be able to do it. He played on the most helpful pitches on last three tours (SA, Eng, AUS) where our batsmen got decimated by fast bowlers and our batsmen are no slouches by any means and yet he ended up with so few wickets.
This is exactly where bowling coaches and mentors should come in. Not all 20-23 year olds will have the maturity to know their game and decide what will work for them. That's why I want someone like McDermott to tell him to forget everything he has been told so far and focus on bowling fuller.
I actually think the opposite.he needs to hit the deck more.he bowls very rarely for a tall 150 kph bowler.back of the length with short leg in place should be his stock ball.but u never see short leg for him(I partly blame Dhoni for that).also he needs to bowl straight n make batsmen play most of the time.he needs to push them onto the back foot n then bowl the full one.like he did in Perth 2008 in that spell. instead he just tries to bowl line n length which he'll never be good at.his plays n misses are also off wide deliveries.he needs to show more aggro
But how many bowlers have you seen who became great and took loads of wkts by catches to short legs? As a fast bowler if your primary mode of dismissal is not caugh behind (keeper or slips) you will struggle. You can't bank on having edges to short leg as your go-to dismissal. In odis this just short of length can work as batsmen will find it tough to score against if the bowler is accurate but in Tests batsmen will have no problem seeing you off.
U_G' date=' It can help caught behind because an absence of a short leg makes batsman freely play outside the line without any fear of that player. More often, it's not that short leg which will take the catches but will help getting more caught behinds.[/quote'] Yes, have a short leg but you can't bowl with a plan that the batsmen need to be caught by short leg. That plan works against tailenders, and por ones at that, but any competent batsman will be able to see you off. And even if you get one batsman caught by short leg every match it won't help you or your team much. Ishant needs to start bowling slightly fuller in Tests else he will make highlights reel showing plays and misses but not many edges and wkts.
But how many bowlers have you seen who became great and took loads of wkts by catches to short legs? As a fast bowler if your primary mode of dismissal is not caugh behind (keeper or slips) you will struggle. You can't bank on having edges to short leg as your go-to dismissal. In odis this just short of length can work as batsmen will find it tough to score against if the bowler is accurate but in Tests batsmen will have no problem seeing you off.
having a short leg n bowling back of length pushes batsman back.without short leg,they can push forward without any fear.n then the full delivery comes into play having pushed them back.watch how Morkel operates as for mode of dismissal,caught behind should NOT be his primary mode.hes not a swing bowler,it should be bowled,lbw.also I mentioned he should bowl straighter,so cant see how they can see him off easily.
I was talking about KP's dismissal by Morkel in first test. He roughed him up with short deliveries and then bowled him with fuller one.
yeah thats how Ishant should bowl.if u remember in England,Ishant was bowling mainly full n KP got across n played him comfortably