Ishant Sharma The Fast Bowler Watch Thread

CG

maybe ur not seeing the problem.. his bowling is mess without any plan he does not targets stumps or swings the ball seam is not coming out right...and now he even lost pace :rofl: i only see him getting worse after every international game he plays..sorry but he is not learning naything ....guy cant even bowl yorker and u want him in odi team to bowl at death :cantstop:

maybe ur not seeing the problem.. his bowling is mess without any plan he does not targets stumps or swings the ball seam is not coming out right...and now he even lost pace :rofl: i only see him getting worse after every international game he plays..sorry but he is not learning naything ....guy cant even bowl yorker and u want him in odi team to bowl at death :cantstop:
Wait are we still talking about ODI's ? and where did you get your points from? From what I can see he has been bowling decently since his return to the LOI side...I agree about pace though.If you go back and watch the T20 series and the ODI games,he was the most difficult seamer to get away in the more difficult phases of the game. Don't look at cricinfo scorecards...If there is a chopping block right now,Dinda is ahead of him who btw I still think is a work-in-progress for the LOI scheme of things.The last thing I want to see is an attack of Bhuvan,Shami and another rookie bowl in tandem. There are enough slots open before we can think of cutting Ishant
Wait are we still talking about ODI's ? and where did you get your points from? From what I can see he has been bowling decently since his return to the LOI side...I agree about pace though.If you go back and watch the T20 series and the ODI games,he was the most difficult seamer to get away in the more difficult phases of the game. Don't look at cricinfo scorecards...If there is a chopping block right now,Dinda is ahead of him who btw I still think is a work-in-progress for the LOI scheme of things.The last thing I want to see is an attack of Bhuvan,Shami and another rookie bowl in tandem. There are enough slots open before we can think of cutting Ishant
why is attack full of rookies worse then..attack of ishant,dinda and a rookie ? just give one good reason and abt him performing well like i said before shami ahmed came in and bowled well 4 maidens enough said!
why is attack full of rookies worse then..attack of ishant,dinda and a rookie ? just give one good reason and abt him performing well like i said before shami ahmed came in and bowled well 4 maidens enough said!
Then Shami has earned his place above Dinda and not Ishant...If Ishant fails in the next few games which is likely or if Pathan is back...thendump him but right now he has done enough o be persisted with
Then Shami has earned his place above Dinda and not Ishant...If Ishant fails in the next few games which is likely or if Pathan is back...thendump him but right now he has done enough o be persisted with
well is gonna lose more by playing these games.. this could have been his chance to go back and play first class cricket but now his problems arej ust increasing he has already lost pace after injury..thats the thign we can see but other then thatn othing has improved his seam still sucks his control still is same and i dont think even in odis he is gonna survive anyway i have to go but b ready to be dissapointed again:haha:
Never knew Ishant has already played 47 tests! :omg: Nearing 50 and still has another decade in him. Did well in last test. He's not a rookie anymore, time to be more consistent. :dance:
he is consistent:dontknow: consistently unlucky:cantstop:
Played well in 2 odis in a row, top wicket taker in pak odi series. Then one bad game on a road. Are we not a bit to harsh?
doing well against Pakis on helpful tracks is nothing big. though I agree he needs to be given some time,but it is running out

I think he should be dropped. He is looking out of rhythm. he needs to sort his problems out in the nets, not in matches. He will have to do it before Australia series. If he bowls like that I would keep him out of that series too and give Shami or Pandey their chances.

I feel this guy needs to bowl little wider from the crease,with his action which is more of inswing if he goes little wider in crease he will not only make the batsmen play more but also has chance of getting them out caught behind even if his ball does not straighten that much.

I feel this guy needs to bowl little wider from the crease' date='with his action which is more of inswing if he goes little wider in crease he will not only make the batsmen play more but also has chance of getting them out caught behind even if his ball does not straighten that much.[/quote'] Thats a good suggestion,But then there will only be the angle.He is not getting natural inswing which was his strength till 2009.He has lost the natural swing Unless he gets it back he will find it hard.His mind is cluttered with various coaching advices earlier eric simmons wanted him to get his pace back and concentrate on back of length and utilize pace and bounce.Now he is trying to seam the ball and is holding it too back in his grip which is also reducing pace and not helping his natural swing and zip .
Thats a good suggestion' date='But then there will only be the angle.He is not getting natural inswing which was his strength till 2009.He has lost the natural swing Unless he gets it back he will find it hard.His mind is cluttered with various coaching advices earlier eric simmons wanted him to get his pace back and concentrate on back of length and utilize pace and bounce.Now he is trying to seam the ball and is holding it too back in his grip which is also reducing pace and not helping his natural swing and zip .[/quote'] Him not getting his natural inswing is the reason why I feel he needs to go wider especially in tests, now all he is doing in tests is bowl wide of crease and batsmen are content to leave the ball when they are new to crease.Then start hammering this guy once they get set.

He does not bowl with any real pace anynore. 80 to 82 mph. So not sure what point if his role is then, as does not get movement ot accuracy. If bowling 85 to 90 then can play a role. Speeds are down. Dissapointing. But options are poor. Dinda is rubbish and so is V Kumar. Sree is not odi bowler and not yet shown is back. Need aaron and yadav fit