Delhi Gangrape | Four accused sentenced to death

Tiger80

Woman gang-raped, murdered, hung from a tree in Bihar How can Bihar lag behind Delhi- no way?? To prove a point to Lurker Biharis come up with their own marquee "incident" BHAGALPUR (BIHAR): In a grim reminder of the horrific Delhi rape case, a woman who got down from a Delhi-bound train in Bhagalpur district, was gang-raped, killed and her body hung from a tree in a mango orchard. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Woman-gang-raped-murdered-hung-from-a-tree-in-Bihar/articleshow/18010870.cms so much for women empowerment or maybe the rapists made sure she was not a banker because progressive Indians have outdone US in that industry :sarc: this is just terrible :((:((

Health Life Expectancy in India - Male 67.46 Females 72.6 Infant Mortality Rate in India- Almost Equal (2007 numbers - Male Children 55 per 1000 births, Females 56 per 1000 births. 2010 Numbers 49 and 46 respectively) Don't know where is difference as you are claiming.
In your previous post you were saying that the male child receives better effort to be saved than female and now you are saying they get treated on equal footing. Which one is it?
Prostitution and Trafficking Unfortunaltely all over the world Females suffer because of that. You can't single out India for doing discrimination against females on that. There are many stereotypes which are paddled by western media and media in general. It's good to check with numbers yourself.
India is a champion in prostitution and trafficking. Just because it happens all over the world does not mean things are not worse in India. There are an estimated 1.2 million child prostitutes in India. The corresponding estimated number in the US is 100,000. But yeah, you can continue to boast about the Banking sector.

^ englishman: what has India achieved with the independence given to them? Both we and you Indians need to do some introspection.
Hmm, so it is not the question itself that is incorrect, but is dependent on the gender. And thats not sexist in itself? :winky::winky:

Female foeticide is gender specific. Half a million females are aborted every year for no other reason except that they are females. The vast majority of abortions in the US are done in the first trimester. Obviously that's not possible in the case of female foeticide because the gender of the child is not known till around the 15th week or more. This increases the risk for the mother as well. Oh how nice! How relieved must be the girls to think that they are not hated but merely males are preferred over them. This is your standard for women empowerment? You are right - I should be looking at the banking sector! :laugh: This is a famous probability problem and the answer is that the ratio of male to female will be 1:1 in a society which wants all girls/boys. I'll leave it to you to read the solution: http://discuss.fogcreek.com/techInterview/default.asp?cmd=show&ixPost=150 So in a society where greater efforts are made to save the male child as opposed to the female, women are supposed to feel good about this? Do you have a problem reading and understanding things that you keep on making these kind of statements: 1. First you claimed that I said gender ratio was the only parameter, and when asked to provide a quote where I said it you are yet to come up with anything. 2. Now are claiming that I am saying gender balance is completely due to female foeticide and infanticide. Can you provide a quote where I have made that claim? 3. This isn't limited to this particular discussion - I remember how you went all in moral outrage by claiming that I said Tendulkar's 100th century to be the most disgraceful moment when my statement was that it was a disgraceful moment. So do you genuinely have a problem understanding statements and make them absolute statements to help you think in binary mode or you attribute false statements to others deliberately? Either way, it is pretty annoying. But yeah half a million female foeticides takes place in India every year and that's not a number to be sneezed at though it is not "completely" responsible for the gender imbalance as you dreamed up I claimed.
Your solution of probablity problem itself says that since N can not be infinite, it would mean that there could be slighltly more boys than girls, without aborting/killing any girl. And this slight difference we are talking about. Now if you increase this proability of getting a boy child from 0.5 to 0.53, that difference would become more pronounced. It would lead to more more than 53 boys in 100. I have never seen any scientific explanation for this half a million. I assume this number has simply arrived at by attributing complete gender imbalance to female foeticide. Looking at tendencies of media I am not going to believe this number and this number can not be official as whole process is legally prohibited. In all your posts till now you had talked only about some exaggerated numbers of female foeticides which would lead anybody to believe that you are attributing everything to this. Good to know that you don't believe so. Sex ratio is the only thing that you had responded to my earlier post and you defended US only on that part. I have earlier pointed out many times when you turncoat very quickly. NO need to incliude banking sector in your reply. This has been accepted here that in India there is far more equality there than in US.

Asaram's camp vandalised, Kumbh Mela visit opposed A camp set up at Kumbh Mela ground for Asaram Bapu's discourse was vandalised while several outfits have opposed the proposed visit of the self-styled godman, who has drawn flak for his remarks on the Delhi gangrape victim, at the religious congregation in Allahabad. The gateway to the grandiose camp, where the godman is likely to stay and deliver "pravachans" for three days, was vandalised and set afire on Wednesday. However, police claim that it was not clear who were responsible for the incident. The godman is scheduled to visit the city on January 14 to take part in the Maha Kumbh congregation. A number of religious organisations like Sannyasi Parishad, Akhil Bharatiya Sant Mahasabha and Akhil Bharat Purohit Mahasabha have issued statements asserting that they will oppose the visit of Asaram. His recent statements that the rape victim could have saved her honour by having begged for mercy before the perpetrators have sparked a furore. However, he chose to stick to his views and invidiously dismissed the critics as "dogs who bark while an elephant goes his way". His stance has not gone well with spiritual gurus like Swami Chidananda. "It is true that not just our environment, but also our society has become polluted. Cleansing is necessary to bring about order and harmony. "Nevertheless, what Bapu said was in no way appropriate. Religious gurus are supposed to propagate Dharma, thereby guiding the society, and not to offend anybody," Chidananda told reporters here. Meanwhile, a number of other groups including political outfit Apna Dal and social organisations Nari Sashaktikaran Abhiyan and Jan Sangharsh Morcha have declared that they will show black flags to Asaram on his visit to the city and may even seek legal action against him unless he tendered an "unconditional apology". http://www.hindustantimes.com/India-news/UttarPradesh/Asaram-s-camp-vandalised-Kumbh-Mela-visit-opposed/Article1-987934.aspx ------------------ Finally something to cheer about.....

Your solution of probablity problem itself says that since N can not be infinite' date=' it would mean that there could be slighltly more boys than girls, without aborting/killing any girl. And this [b']slight difference we are talking about. Now if you increase this proability of getting a boy child from 0.5 to 0.53, that difference would become more pronounced. It would lead to more more than 53 boys in 100. I have never seen any scientific explanation for this half a million. I assume this number has simply arrived at by attributing complete gender imbalance to female foeticide. Looking at tendencies of media I am not going to believe this number and this number can not be official as whole process is legally prohibited. In all your posts till now you had talked only about some exaggerated numbers of female foeticides which would lead anybody to believe that you are attributing everything to this. Good to know that you don't believe so. Sex ratio is the only thing that you had responded to my earlier post and you defended US only on that part. I have earlier pointed out many times when you turncoat very quickly. NO need to incliude banking sector in your reply. This has been accepted here that in India there is far more equality there than in US.
Burying our head in sand is also another way of dealing with an unfortunate situation.

Abortions are foeticides. Can you tell me how abortion is not foeticide? Though Abortions are different from selective abortions, but in either case mothers or both parents are deciding to abort as they don't want to have that particular child, under different circumstances. Gender imbalance is not completely about hatred for female child, it is also about preference for male child for multiple reasons, economics being one of them. Communities which would have majority employed in labour-intensive industries are likely to prefer a male child who would be able to suport family in few years. Most of the third world countries are making this transition away from labour based industries and gender imbalance will improve over time. China has similar sex ratio as India and so does many other third world countries.
People in India want male child because boys are still considered as best old age insurance.51% of our population are in self employment where women are almost non existent .You can only manage business if you have network or you know the mafia .There are many instances where boys are even forced out of school when they are even 16-17 because there father is ill and family desperately need a male member of family to manage business .So it is because of selfish reasons people want boys. The problem is people are so fascinated by west that they forget that their economy , their healthcare is different from India.

Your solution of probablity problem itself says that since N can not be infinite' date=' it would mean that there could be slighltly more boys than girls, without aborting/killing any girl. And this [b']slight difference we are talking about. Now if you increase this proability of getting a boy child from 0.5 to 0.53, that difference would become more pronounced. It would lead to more more than 53 boys in 100.
Can you run some numbers or point me to some reference so we can quantify this effect including what percentage of the population follows this strategy?
I have never seen any scientific explanation for this half a million. I assume this number has simply arrived at by attributing complete gender imbalance to female foeticide. Looking at tendencies of media I am not going to believe this number and this number can not be official as whole process is legally prohibited.
One published reference I found says 100,000 female fetuses are aborted annually: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1728-4457.2002.00759.x/abstract;jsessionid=E33A25AEBF21682B3091C3ED44ECCED1.d04t04 Whether the actual number is 100,000 or 500,000 or somewhere in between it is still a huge number.
In all your posts till now you had talked only about some exaggerated numbers of female foeticides which would lead anybody to believe that you are attributing everything to this. Good to know that you don't believe so.
Highlighting an important contribution does not mean attributing everything to it. And whatever the contribution of female foeticide might be the bottom line is that there is a gender imbalance of 50 million. Female foeticide, poorer efforts to provide medical facilities for females, preference for a male child etc. etc. are reasons for the imbalance none of which point towards a society in which women are empowered, in fact quite the contrary.
Sex ratio is the only thing that you had responded to my earlier post and you defended US only on that part. I have earlier pointed out many times when you turncoat very quickly.
LOL! So if I highlighted one important parameter it means I consider it to be the only parameter? What kind of Lahori logic is this?
NO need to incliude banking sector in your reply. This has been accepted here that in India there is far more equality there than in US.
Yeah. All hail India's banking sector - the parameter to judge women empowerment on!

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/13/opinion/sunday/is-delhi-so-different-from-steubenville.html?src=recg OP-ED COLUMNIST Is Delhi So Different From Steubenville? The United States could help change the way the world confronts these issues. On a remote crossing of the Nepal-India border, I once met an Indian police officer who said, a bit forlornly, that he was stationed there to look for terrorists and pirated movies. He wasn’t finding any, but India posted him there to show that it was serious about American concerns regarding terrorism and intellectual property. Meanwhile, that officer ignored the steady flow of teenage Nepali girls crossing in front of him on their way to Indian brothels, because modern slavery was not perceived as an American priority.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/13/opinion/sunday/is-delhi-so-different-from-steubenville.html?src=recg OP-ED COLUMNIST Is Delhi So Different From Steubenville? The United States could help change the way the world confronts these issues. On a remote crossing of the Nepal-India border, I once met an Indian police officer who said, a bit forlornly, that he was stationed there to look for terrorists and pirated movies. He wasnÃÕ finding any, but India posted him there to show that it was serious about American concerns regarding terrorism and intellectual property. Meanwhile, that officer ignored the steady flow of teenage Nepali girls crossing in front of him on their way to Indian brothels, because modern slavery was not perceived as an American priority.
I like Nicholas Kristoff. He is one of the few ones who know what they are talking about, and cover Asia and South Asia. And yet I have always wondered why he seems to have a soft corner for China and not so much for India. It could very well be that he is right, and I am biased of course. That said lets look at a few things in the article: a) Indian Intelligence Agent posted in Nepal to pacify US interest? You kidding me? Kathmandu is modern day Berlin where Intelligence Agencies of India, Pakistan, China, US are playing the great game. Most of anti-Indian elements are sneaked in and out of India through this route. And Indian agencies smuggle pro-Indian forces. Quite a few years back Indian agencies had supported killing of Mirza Dilshad Baig by Chota Rajan forces because Baig was a Dawood cronie and his MP status allowed him movement of Dawoods forces into India rather easy. b) Nepal girls are hugely in demand in Indian brothels. There is this weird and absolutely abhorent fetish of certain Indian men for pahadi girls. The poverty and rather simple nature of Nepali girls make them fall easy prey to human trafficking into India. Places like Bombay and Calcutta are top attractions for these young girls who have done nothing wrong except be born in a certain part of the world where neighbouring countries men look at them in a weird way. I know it is pretty damning for Indians but certainly true.

Abortions are foeticides. Can you tell me how abortion is not foeticide? Though Abortions are different from selective abortions, but in either case mothers or both parents are deciding to abort as they don't want to have that particular child, under different circumstances.
Abortion before the first six weeks is not foeticide. The earliest stage of neurogenesis in a foetus is at six week mark, meaning, before six weeks there is no brain activity. Thus, it is not 'alive' till the six week mark and if the woman choses to go abort within the six week mark, it is nothing more than removing a lump of flesh akin to a benign (or malignant) tumour. That is the position of scientific community. Its only religious nutbars who consider the sperm and the egg to be 'alive and individuals' that make such absurd claims as aborting a zygote is equal to killing.
Gender imbalance is not completely about hatred for female child, it is also about preference for male child for multiple reasons, economics being one of them. Communities which would have majority employed in labour-intensive industries are likely to prefer a male child who would be able to suport family in few years. Most of the third world countries are making this transition away from labour based industries and gender imbalance will improve over time. China has similar sex ratio as India and so does many other third world countries. In India sex ratio is worst for Sikhs (895), better for Hindus and best for Muslims (among these three religions) but I am not sure if that is also the order of status that females enjoy in these societies in India. Sex ratio is one parameter but you are giving way too much emphasis to that.
Sex ratio is probably the most important parameter to guage social preference for males and females. Also, your 'third world preference for males' do not really cut the mustard, since Indian cities are the most rampant for foeticide, not Indian rural villages and the 'hardworking farmer son is better than less physically capable woman farmer' is inapplicable to Indian middle class families, who still show a huge preference for male over female.
Another fact which many is not aware of that naturally God send more males in this world than females. Sex ratio at birth, across world is 107 baby boys to 100 baby girls (In India overall sex ratio is 108 male to 100 females) But higher mortality rates in boys bring this ratio close to even. Now if there are greater effort to save a male child than female child then you would have a society with more males than females.
The world over, there is a huge preference for male children over female. Indians are not the only guilty party for this, China, many of the Arab lands,subsaharan africa etc. contribute for this. The sex ratio at fertilization, is 104.5 girls per 100 boys. India btw, averages 112 boys per girls. In India it is a huge problem, but the problem is not uniform India-wide, as some communities ( Bengalis, Tamils, most of the North-East, Kerala,etc) are far less sex selective than some communities (predominantly the Hindi belt, central India, Punjab,etc). In the 'worst afflicted communities', the sex ratio is close to 120 males per 100 females, which is unsustainable and driven by 2nd class citizen status to women in those communities.
Lastly, given good medical facilities female life expectancy is much more then male expectancy. So in developed countries you would see many more aged females than males, levelling out some of the imbalance in younger age groups. In EU and US, there are only 73 males per 100 females in 65+ age groups. However, in poor So attributing gender imbalance of any society completely to female foeticide or infanticide is not scietific.
It is not good medicine that leads to higher life expectancy in women, women fundamentally have a higher life expectancy than men in uncontrolled environments, primarily because testosterone lowers life expectancy and since women have very little of it, they tend to live a year or two more on average. The effect (women having longer lifespans) is further enhanced by lifestyle habits, as men are far more likely than women to engage in 'life shortening' activities than women- be it social ( such as smoking, alcoholism, etc where men are far more likely to be afflicted by it than women) or professional ( men work jobs such as oil rig workers, coal miners, etc, which reduce life expectancy, while women are rare in such professions).

Bangladesh witnesses replay of Delhi gangrape

In a chilling reminder of the horrific Delhi gangrape, an 18-year-old girl was raped in a moving bus in the outskirts of the Bangladeshi capital. The alleged culprits were immediately arrested and they confessed to their guilt before a judge at suburban Manikganj district, the scene of yesterday's rape, a top police official said. An angry mob thrashed the culprits before they were arrested. A court sent them to jail after they confessed that they duped the garment worker girl into travelling in the empty bus, raped her and then threw her off the vehicle, that left her injured. "The bus driver and helper gave their confessional statements before the court under section-164 to face the rape charges," assistant police superintendent of Manikganj http://www.indianexpress.com/news/bangladesh-witnesses-replay-of-delhi-gangrape/1064945/
I know copying Bollywood movies in BD is very popular. but this is like contagious idea to rape on a moving bus.

Nirbhaya bus files go missing http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/delhi/Nirbhaya-bus-files-go-missing/articleshow/20037872.cms

NEW DELHI: The search for transport department officials who helped the owner of the bus used in Nirbhaya gang rape, seems to have hit a dead end. The owner Dinesh Yadav, from Noida, was illegally running the chartered bus on Delhi roads, which was used on the fateful night to offer a lift to Nirbhaya and her friend. According to the crime branch, the transport department has mysteriously wiped out all the details on the bus available with them. "Every time our sleuths go to the transport office, we are told that they cannot help us as they have not preserved the records. They say the bus was registered more than 10 year ago and all the files have been destroyed," said a senior investigating officer. Officers fear that without the papers and cooperation from the transport department, the minimum evidence will not be available and even retired traffic inspector Jai Bhagwan (60), who has been arrested, will go scot-free. "We are sure that other serving officers are complicit in the crime and hindrances are being posed to stall the investigations," said an officer. Ravinder Yadav, additional CP (crime), however, dismissed the claims. "We had retrieved the accused Jai Bhagwan's name from the department's computers. We are taking the help of cyber experts to ferret out more details. We have seized the necessary documents," said Yadav. The special operation squad of crime branch arrested Jai Bhagwan (60) from his home in Sadatpur Extension, east Delhi, last week. His bail plea will come up for hearing on Tuesday. Sources said Bhagwan retired as inspector at Mall Road Transport Authority in December last year. In its chargesheet against Dinesh Yadav, police noted that the accused had told them he had got his driving licence using forged documents and several transport officials had helped him. At Yadav's instance, police arrested one Rakam Singh, who helped him get a ration card with the address of Burari in north Delhi. Police said Yadav used this ration card to get a driving licence. Sources said Bhagwan issued the licence to Yadav in 2005. Yadav then opened a bank account and got bus permits for 10 buses. The bus used in the crime did not have a permit or a fitness certificate. It was impounded six times in two years.

Men respect women when they are dressed properly. U can't imagine Bharat maa in Jeans and T shirt' date=' can u?[/quote'] That is a ****ing stupid logic. I've seen Men wearing "chaddhi banyan" ON ROAD so many times. According to your logic, my hormones should act up and I should get thoughts about raping them. What the ****? What the actual ****? A GIRL CAN SUPPORT NUDITY IF SHE WANTS AND STILL NO BODY, I REPEAT NO ****ING PERSON, HAS THE RIGHT TO RAPE HER. If we can accept men without a vest, why can't they? Hume hamare kapde nahi, tum jaise logon ko apni soch badalne ki zaroorat hai. P.s. I can imagine Bharat mata in jeans and Tshirt. And you know what? She looks beautiful. :smile:

That is a ****ing stupid logic. I've seen Men wearing "chaddhi banyan" ON ROAD so many times. According to your logic, my hormones should act up and I should get thoughts about raping them. What the ****? What the actual ****? A GIRL CAN SUPPORT NUDITY IF SHE WANTS AND STILL NO BODY, I REPEAT NO ****ING PERSON, HAS THE RIGHT TO RAPE HER. If we can accept men without a vest, why can't they? Hume hamare kapde nahi, tum jaise logon ko apni soch badalne ki zaroorat hai. P.s. I can imagine Bharat mata in jeans and Tshirt. And you know what? She looks beautiful. :smile:
Completely agree with you Priyanka ji :agree: