Delhi Gangrape | Four accused sentenced to death

Tiger80

I blame sex in movies primarily. I cannot watch some of the hindi movies even with my wife. 1. lack of outlet for horny men without girl friends/wife. 2. low men/women ratio in india. 3. prohibited prostitution. 4. Indian women who don't take care of their bodies or who are generally not interested in sex after kids are born. I don't blame them, because its their right, but they are part of the problem IMHO. However, adding the above factors, we have lot of horny men who can only fap; at some point fapping might not be enough and they go overboard. It's easy to punish few men after the fact, but we should fix the cultural issues. What to with sex in movies? To start with, I'll move to legalize prostitution and import girls from Asia and Russia.
:facepalm:

yes law n order situation should improve but suggesting Delhi be stripped off it capital status on this basis is absurd
Why should it be absurd?What great things has Delhi done to enhance its capital status or the image of its country? The Law and Order situation there will never improve. Its etched in the DNA and culture of the city. Anyways, this is a different thread and perhaps I am digressing here.

lol....reporter faces eve teasing in Delhi while reporting the rape case: GtVhbGOZkm0
She is Anjana Kashyap , prime time Anchor earlier Star news and now Aaj tak , Anybody who watches hindi news for few minutes know her face .If it is real then those guys must be brain dead or they never watch news

Its good to see this news get international exposure.Might prompt authorities to do something http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-20765364 IMO,Delhi should be stripped of its Capital status. The arrogance and raw display of power and wealth and open flouting of law does not merit it the class associated with the capital cities of the civilized world.
Which is an inherently sad thing actually. Delhi was as famous for its tehzeeb as Lucknow was. Lucknow still retains some of that, although it loses it increasingly every year. But Delhi stopped being that town long ago. It is now the MC-BC city. And frankly thats how I remember it for my adult life. Come to think of it, it is ridiculous how easy MC/BC is spouted in Delhi, and surrounding area, where to the point it is considered part of the culture. What else was expected in such a culture then? Not to drag the attention in a different direction but fairly recently I watched Gangs of Wasseypur (again!). It is obviously a movie on gangsters laced with abuses. And if you watch it completely you will see very minimal use of MC/BC. It has its own plethora of bh***a saal* ran***j, ga**d ke an*** yada yada. And thats how I think rest of the country is for the most part. MC/BC are a sure shot reason to get people fight, in Delhi it is the norm with a Oye BC idhar aa....

She is Anjana Kashyap ' date=' prime time Anchor earlier Star news and now Aaj tak , Anybody who watches hindi news for few minutes know her face .If it is real then those guys must be brain dead or they never watch news[/quote'] they wouldnt have known since they could see only her back and not the face.. and actually they drove away once they came face to face... But this is very disgraceful to watch.. she should have just kicked and dented the car.

Nowhere you are talking with numbers. You just talking about isolated incidents or looking at emotional aspects. Go to NCRB website and spend sometime in going through the data. http://ncrb.nic.in/ Some of the sample numbers I am providing you here. Number of murders in India in 2011 - 35123. Male Victim - 25746 Female Victim - 9377. A male is almost 3 times more likely to be murdered than a female.
Are men also more likely to kill ? Please tell me the number of murders by men vs women
Suicide Ratio in India - Distribution of suicides by causes and sex during 2011 is presented in Table?(G). The overall male: female ratio of suicide victims for the year 2011 was 64.8:35.2 represent a marginal decrease of male and marginal increase of female ratio as compared to year 2010. A male is almost 2 times more likely to commit suicide than a female in India.
This is irrelevant, are you trying to say that women are safer than men in India ? We are talking about harassment and physical harm caused . Do you have numbers on how many men committed suicide because their wives used to beat them up or used to abuse them ?
They get messed up for women as women start using these laws to settle their scores. Some minor insenstivity of husband is reported as the case of dowry harrassment. The number of crimes reported in category of "cruelty and harrassment by husnabds" were second highest after the number of cases reported in Theft. In 95% of such cases chargesheet was filed, yet conviction rate was lowest among the major categories, as most of these cases are extortion attempts.
Yes some do
That is a stereotype paddled by selfish people like Aamir Khan who wants to project themselves as Messiah. The numbers which I posted above were shared with Aamir Khan by some of the NGOs but he decided not to show those numbers as it would have reduced appeal of his program. Your example of in-laws being sent to jail is laughable if you were aware of ground realities. In 498a, relatives who haven't even seen wife have been sent to jail forget about assaulting wife physically. In India Kasab's sister would be treated more respect than the sister of the person whose wife has wrongly accused him of dowry harrassment. It was his responsibility to show complete picture not the jaundiced view. Wasn't it? It is more criminal in nature considering the fact he was provided those numbers.
You are free to have your own show and telecast whatever you want, his show and he decides what he wants to talk about.
I am trying to condone crimes against women. I am against sensationalization of these crimes. A crime is a crime, no matter which gender,race,caste it has been committed against.
Sure, lets make a thread when men get raped like this You are confusing issues, just by saying that kids get molested in India doesnt mean that no one else gets molested and if someone does a show on the issue of child molestation, it does not mean he supports adults being molested nor it is his duty to cover other cases.

WTF. Kya chutiapa hai yeh. Once your wife stops having sex with you' date=' can we expect you to rape random people on the street ?[/quote'] Hey A.hole... I just stated my opinion, why attack back personally? If you think it's a ridiculous idea - either say it so and elaborate if you care. What I do doesn't matter, but what a naturally aggressive person would do when sexually deprived is.