The Congress Thread: Tracking India's Grand Old Party

jairamesh

from what I know you have followed politics for a long time - do you really think a party can contest an Assembly Election in Delhi and do the kind of campaigning AAP did and end up spending only 20 crore?
In a place like Delhi 20 crore is certainly believable. It is a small state with very good connectivity via Road, metro etc so mobilizing crowds for lower costs is easy. Apart from this, Candidates also spend out of their own pocket for their constituency. We know a person who stood in Dehli in the last elections and he spent 50 lakhs apart from the share that came from the party. AAP candidates most probably wouldn't be able to spend that much, but they certainly would have some money of their own

Firstpost ‏@firstpostin 12m Salman Khurshid: All those who have a problem with Rahul will have to go | CNN-IBN Yep, might just explain why it is taking so long for Congress to announce Rahul as PM candidate when it's already given. Rahul decides for Congress, not vice versa. Expect some infighting there as dynasty is the big debate in 2014.

Firstpost ‏@firstpostin 12m Salman Khurshid: All those who have a problem with Rahul will have to go | CNN-IBN Yep, might just explain why it is taking so long for Congress to announce Rahul as PM candidate when it's already given. Rahul decides for Congress, not vice versa. Expect some infighting there as dynasty is the big debate in 2014.
Great man will now officially lead the campaign

These recent developments are surely only going to demoralize the grassroot Congress workers and many of its members who had hoped to see his highness, RaGa as the PM candidate. Only goes to show how much protective this Congress is towards this family.

Chetan Bhagat ‏@chetan_bhagat 2h Go to your kitchen, open the cutlery cupboard, take out the spoons and give them a speech. That's how Rahul feels right now.
:hysterical: His speech today was very poor and if I was a Congress party member, I will be very worried.

:hysterical: His speech today was very poor and if I was a Congress party member, I will be very worried.
By his standards it was nothing less than a gem. Likes of Rajdeep and NDTV brigade are acting as if Pappu became Ronald Regan today. :giggle:

By his standards it was nothing less than a gem. Likes of Rajdeep and NDTV brigade are acting as if Pappu became Ronald Regan today. :giggle:
His public speaking skills certainly improved as the presentation style was better. But the things which really mattered and important like the content itself, the actual words were all rubbish. If you see the transcript, it is a comedy script. Like "BJP selling combs to bald men and AAP cutting their hairs". That was particular really funny.