Has IPL destroyed Murali Vijay & Ajinkya Rahane?

Vivek.S.123

he said that in his twitter account as well. I think its to do with building stamina which is probably needed during long innings. But to say that somehow Rahane is too skinny, people are barking up the wrong tree. Alongside Kaustubh Pawar he is the fittest in the Mumbai cricket association. Also, to those who say that he cannot bat outside the sub, Rahane has been one of the leading run scorers in the emerging players tournament in australia in 2011 Scoring centuries in both matches v SA and Aus emerging sides Note to those who say he is not an opener, he opened against a side consisting of Starc in aus and scored a 100 http://www.espncricinfo.com/emerging-players-tournament-2011/engine/current/match/516202.html thus elliminating this "myth" that he cannot be an opener

As if Vijay was the second coming of Bradman before IPL :cantstop: How come IPL is not able to destroy KP, AVDB, Ross Tayler, Hussey, Kallis, Faf, Lady Jaya, Dilu, Winga but only destroying poor Indian batsmen. Another excuse for mediocre batsmen.
That's a fair point though most of those players are established ones. One valid concern about IPL is the money and fame and even the stupid after parties (used to have and good riddance) it offers and since the majority of the Indians are youngsters, some of them might have trouble dealing with all this extra money and stardom. Youngsters should cope with it smartly and look at the bigger picture. This may not affect everybody but it would also be not true that nobody is affected by this. Regarding technique, players should be able to adapt to the different formats and adjust according instead of being stuck in the same mode.

Lol at those hyping up big muscles as a must for cricket, especially for a batsman. Timing is everything for a batsman. As long as you are fit and not skinny, you can be a successful batsman. Being fit and being bulky muscular are quite different, ask Watson. The kind of fitness more important in cricket is not the ability to powerlift 100kg or bench press 100 kg for a single lift. If you can run 4 miles and you can do 30 pushups on the trot you would be be in the fitter category even if you are skinny. Match fitness is different from being physically strong or looking aesthetic.

IPL has certainly affected Vijay's technique. His defense was never solid and it only got worse trying to hoick everything. Plays like Vijay should see the tape of how Pujara plays (or how Dravid did) and learn how to defend the difficult deliveries and wait for gimmes to score.

IPL has certainly affected Vijay's technique. His defense was never solid and it only got worse trying to hoick everything. Plays like Vijay should see the tape of how Pujara plays (or how Dravid did) and learn how to defend the difficult deliveries and wait for gimmes to score.
Actually, Vijay had petty godo defense when he first came. His foot work was very solid and he used to leave the balls very well which an needs to do and knew his off stump very well but then he was not successful in his first IPL then immediately and in an attempt to become a successful IPL player, he lost his original game. He used to be known as a very defensive player in FC cricket who would barely hit 4s or 6s and was more dependent on maneuvering the ball and odd boundary and play a lot of ball but suddenly there was a whole lot of change in his batting style once he got success in IPL. His first 2 test were against Australia and he looked as much the part as Pujara then but lost it big time. Now he barely leaves the ball, does not know where his off stump is.
Vijay and Rahane won 'ICC Cricketer of the Year' before IPL? How can you destroy something which doesn't exist? Both have one of the worst footwork, they can murder trundlers on Grand Truck Road, but will always struggle against even half decent attack at highest level of Cricket. Sehwag is one rare exception, Sehwag has probably best hand eye co-ordination in Cricket. Even if Rahane clicks, I want guy to join gym and develop some muscles. He is so fragile, only with modern day Cricket bats he is covering his weakness to some extent. Guy looks compulsive masturbator to me. Compare him to 17yr old Sachin, he had such power in his wrists. It will benefit Rahane in long run.
How does masturbation weaken a guy? lol. Everyone does that. Even those who have Gfs .
:cantstop: A-3OuRECIAAg2du.jpg:large looks of decent build to me. Not muscular yet not skinny.
hmm ... :) i dont buy bs that being fit and being muscular are two totally different things, and that being fit is several 100 times in order of magnitude more important than being muscular. I believe a sportsperson should be well muscled, 67133.jpg983650-brett-lee-cricket.jpgkingston_narrowweb__300x351,0.jpgPaulCollingwoodShowingMuscle.jpg603895_425675097501855_1352066666_n.jpg if you are saying indian standards, atleast this 09lead2.jpg

the indian people are both fast bowlers look at the likes of Gambhir Pujara or even Jadeja. He compares well to them. Even the australians, I dont think Cowan Hughes or Warner look anything like that. Neither does Michael Clarke. Infact Aaron finch looked plain fat. I think its fair to say that Australian side will go down as the best of all time. Even in that team Langer and Pointing were hardly the most muscular. the recent England tour of India as well. Did not see any muscular bowlers. But barring Samit Patel they all looked fit.