Sreesanth, Chandilla and Ankit Chavan arrested for spot fixing in IPL

According to sources, fixers wanted Rajasthan bowler Ankeet Chavan to give 13 runs in 2 overs. Chavan bowled a brilliant first over giving away just 2 runs and gave away 15 runs in his next. Delhi Police officials have said that the players were in touch with bookies through BBM and Whatsapp. Delhi Police had been monitoring the phone calls and messages of players for the past 25 days. Police also kept 70 phones under surveillance. Close to 12 matches were being analyzed for instances of spot-fixing. Early reports suggest that this fixing scandal is not limited to this match only and more teams are likely to be involved in it.
:hmmm:
we are speculating now lets wait for Srini's statement and Delhi police statement. All i can thing of is that Delhi police have stumbled across something and have registered a case. They probably dont have any proof.
We are not speculating. The fact is that Delhi police traced calls of bookies and cricketers and the cricketers are under arrest.
we are speculating now lets wait for Srini's statement and Delhi police statement. All i can thing of is that Delhi police have stumbled across something and have registered a case. They probably dont have any proof.
You are deluding yourself. Police can't make high profiled arrest without having something substantial.
Its a good point that Captain has to be involved. Sree is being suspected for giving 20 runs in the last over. Now whose decision was it to give the most important over of the match to Sree ?
If this is the case, you can suspect most bowlers in the tournament because a lot of bowlers have conceded 20 plus runs and that too multiple times even likes of Narine.
:hysterical: What will come out of it? We fully cooperate with delhi police blah blah..IPL is not tainted , and we will ensure that no guilty are spared..
Spot fixing can be on anything. Including the colour of your sun glasses.
yes but cannot be sure exactly how many runs he is going to concede. One can do it on no ball, wide ball, etc. but because he conceded 20 runs in an over, see how many 20+ run overs in the IPL has been bowled, many.
11:20 am: Sreesanth’s father blames Harbhajan and Dhoni for his arrest Sreesanth’s father alleged on Malayala Manorama news channel that he was trapped due to a joint conspiracy by Dhoni and Harbhajan. “Since he spoke against Harbhajan on Twitter, they had decided to take him out, ” his father said. Sreesanth was very close to Dhoni and knew many of his personal details, his father said, without explicitly saying what it had to do with this case. “Dhoni had threatened him that he would never be taken back in the test side.” his father said. His brother in law, Madhu Balakrishnan, a prominent south Indian playback singer, said that the trap was a plot to destroy Sreesanth’s marriage plans. Sreesanth is highly principled and pious and cannot do this, his mother said.
This looks like an article from Onion :hmmmm2:
using bbm and whatsapp to spot fix. :hehe: sreesanth really puts kerala's 100 percent literacy claim into question :facepalm:
I am just thinking whether it's a joke... Are the fixers that stupid to use these apps? If watsapp/bbm maintains logs, it would be a hard proof.. wont be surprised if they bring up twitter messages :giggle:
for some reason i dont believe sreesanth can be involved. that dolt cant control emotions anywhere. to do something like this' date=' you need to be practical and level-headed.[/quote'] Supposedly, Sree was the ring leader of the whole thing and got the young guys into it I really hope players like Dravid, Sachin immediately retire from this league and not be associated with such a tainted thing
In 2012, the BCCI set up its own anti-corruption unit, with former ACSU chief Ravi Sawani in charge, and his team has been present at various venues from this edition of the IPL. It is understood Sawani's team had no role to play in the Royals' players investigation, as it was an independent action by the Delhi police.by George Binoy 7:17 AM