Sreesanth, Chandilla and Ankit Chavan arrested for spot fixing in IPL

and what trap would that be? being caught in bed with many prostitutes?
Watch your language. Come join the facebook page. Already almost 30k backing him. He has millions of fans. I don't claim to know the full story but then so many people are simply backing the police/media. You should know in India one person who is guilty is innocent later or vice versa. They don't follow rules. If he was arrested in the UK or newspaper sting here I would believe it. He may have been pressured to do it/trapped. A star of his status would not do something like for small financial gain. A person of his morals and religious beliefs would also oppose this.
Watch your language. Come join the facebook page. Already almost 30k backing him. He has millions of fans. I don't claim to know the full story but then so many people are simply backing the police/media. You should know in India one person who is guilty is innocent later or vice versa. They don't follow rules. If he was arrested in the UK or newspaper sting here I would believe it. He may have been pressured to do it/trapped. A star of his status would not do something like for small financial gain. A person of his morals and religious beliefs would also oppose this.
Please watch your language.
Watch your language. Come join the facebook page. Already almost 30k backing him. He has millions of fans. I don't claim to know the full story but then so many people are simply backing the police/media. You should know in India one person who is guilty is innocent later or vice-versa. They don't follow rules. If he was arrested in the UK or newspaper sting here I would believe it. He may have been pressured to do it/trapped. A star of his status would not do something like for small financial gain. A person of his morals and religious beliefs would also oppose this.
Once you grow up, you will realize that life is not like novels. Many of the criminals have been outwardly pious, or moral or with high status.
Once you grow up' date=' you will realize that life is not like novels. Many of the criminals have been outwardly pious, or moral or with high status.[/quote'] Of course. I am a grown up and have spent time with people from many areas of life. It is my gut feeling that Sree is innocent.

IPL spot-fixing: BCCI suspends Rajasthan's Harmeet Singh

New Delhi: Left-arm spinner Harmeet Singh has been issued a show-cause notice and has been suspended by the Board of Control for Cricket in India, pending an inquiry into the IPL 6 spot-fixing scandal. Harmeet will be quizzed by BCCI's Anti-Corruption and Security Unit head Ravi Sawani at BCCI headquarters on Saturday afternoon. This matter came to light after the Delhi Police arrested two bookies a few days ago and then Harmeet admitted of being approached by bookies. The reason for Harmeet suspension is that like Siddharth Trivedi he didn't inform the board about the matter. The 20-year-old spinner was approached by his Rajasthan Royals team-mate Ajit Chandila, who fixed a meeting with the bookies in a Mumbai hotel. The bookies urged him to indulge in spot-fixing but Harmeet turned down their offer. "We have issued a show-cause notice and asked Harmeet to depose in front of Sawani on Saturday. Like Trivedi, he too was approached by bookies but he didn't inform either the ACSU officer or the board about it," a top BCCI official told the Indian Express. Harmeet was part of India's victorious under-19 World Cup squad in Australia in 2012 and was signed by the Rajasthan Royals franchise prior to IPL 6.
http://ibnlive.in.com/news/ipl-spotfixing-bcci-suspends-rajasthans-harmeet-singh/404498-78.html
The Board of Control for Cricket in India has suspended Rajasthan Royals spinner Harmeet Singh, pending an inquiry into his role in the Indian Premier League spot-fixing scandal. Harmeet is set to be questioned by Ravi Sawani, head of BCCI's Anti-Corruption and Security Unit, at the BCCI headquarters today. Harmeet had reportedly told the Delhi police in a statement on Thursday that Ajit Chandila and a bookie had planned to approach teammate Shane Watson. The statement was recorded before a magistrate under section 164 of the Criminal Procedure Code on Wednesday, revealed a Delhi Police officer. The 20-year-old was approached by his Rajasthan Royals teammate Ajit Chandila, who fixed a meeting at a hotel located at Mumbai's Bandra area, where bookies urged Harmeet to indulge in spot-fixing. The youngster reportedly turned down the offer. Harmeet was part of India's victorious under-19 World Cup squad in Australia in 2012 and was signed by the Rajasthan Royals franchise prior to IPL 6. The Delhi Police unearthed the Indian Premier League spot-fixing scandal with the arrest of three Royals players - S. Sreesanth, Ankit Chavan and Chandila - in May. Sreesanth and Chavan have since been granted bail.
http://sports.ndtv.com/cricket/news/210370-ipl-spot-fixing-scandal-bcci-suspends-rajasthan-royals-spinner-harmeet-singh

The question to be asked is do the players feel confident enough to report moves by bookies to the authorities? What systems does the BCCI have in place for reporting such approaches especially in a tournament like IPL where team owners themselves are indulging in betting? Also, are the younger players being properly educated about such things like Kumble had suggested earlier?