Sreesanth, Chandilla and Ankit Chavan arrested for spot fixing in IPL

some firangis would certainly be involved but haven't been caught yet.
Yeah, Tait was doing the rounds in the social media but the Police later confirmed that he is clean. Hope Gayle and ABD are not involved. Don't give a fk about the rest :agree:
More money, more fame in this for the Delhi coppers. State of our nation today. I was in a Goa many years ago. India v/s Australia match. Post the game there was a rush to the exits. 15000 + in attendance. One exit for all. A dirt road that lead from the stadium to the parking. It was a literal sandstrom. Dust in the air, folks fighting, a mini stampede of sorts. As I was pushed against the flow, I wondered where the feck were the cops? That's when as we neared the exit I saw to my right another exit. Paved and with shrubbery even. An entire batallion of cops. Batallion! You know what the ***** wipes were doing? An entire batallion standing guard over like 3-4 VIP cars. And on the other side a mini riot of 15,000 plus and not a copper in sight! That's India in a nutshell. The priorities of the Delhi police are not at all surprising.
Its the Economic Offenses Wing/ Anti Corruption/Special Cells which tackle crimes like fixing. Its the Crime Branch which handles Rape cases. Completely different departments. We shouldn't be saying that Delhi Police have their priorities misplaced.At least prima facie, Delhi Police have done well here.
Rajesh Kalra ‏@rajeshkalra 38m A source tells me that police has proof of BIGGER guys involved,but are under pressure to put a lid. May not be too long though. #spotfixing
Rajesh Kalra is a well known Journalist and an activist as well. If he's saying this, we have got reasons to fear. I do hope no one is spared irrespective of how big a star he is.

Times Now reports that Ankeet Chavan has confessed: ‘Yes, I did something wrong. Yes, I made a mistake,’ he said. The channel also reports that the Delhi police have independent witnesses as well — so they have a pretty strong case.

11:55 am: Six bookies nabbed in Chennai Times Now reports that six bookies have been nabbed in the raids in Chennai. Whether there is any link with the raids made by the Delhi Police is not known presently. However, IANS reported that police in Tamil Nadu took into custody four cricket bookies. “We have raided eight-10 places here and have secured four cricket bookies involved in betting. It is not match fixing but betting. The investigation is in a preliminary stage,” an official of Crime Branch-Crime Investigation Department (CBCID) told IANS.

IPL 5 matches for RR were also spot fixed Tapes mention Chandila revealing IPL 5 fix. Nothing before that. Chandila not sree the ring leader. Chandila was corrupted in ipl 5 Promised to corrupt many other fringe players. Prior to IPL 5 no evidence of any spot fixing at Royals Franchise. Chandila was on a salary of $30,000 a year for the royals. Said to have made $400,000-$500,000 over the course of IPL 5 and IPL 6 via spot fixing and providing information.

I wont be surprised if some of the RR owners are also indulged in this. Amit Singh becoming a bookie after being released gives a bigger indication.
they were specifically given a clean bill by delhi police. I personally dont think they were involved. somebody like Dravid would know if they were involved. Apart from Sree, the likes Chandila and Chavan were on the fringes of the playing 11.
Media seems to target Sreesanth more than others.. they display his pics the most.. The questions asked to his Mother and sister is too cruel.. okay, he is a scumbag, but asking such questions to his family ladies is wrong..
agree there will be a big media frenzy till delhi police come out with more details.
Media seems to target Sreesanth more than others.. they display his pics the most.. The questions asked to his Mother and sister is too cruel.. okay, he is a scumbag, but asking such questions to his family ladies is wrong..
out of the 3 he is the only international cricketer and the most well known face so its obvious that the media will pay more attention to him.

Per transcripts released, discussion between Sree's friend and bookie, not directly with Sree unlike the other two. Those who were excited at the TN police searching, here is what they have found:

We have raided eight-10 places here and have secured four cricket bookies involved in betting. It is not match fixing but betting. The investigation is in a preliminary stage,” an official of Crime Branch-Crime Investigation Department (CBCID) told IANS.