India A tour of South Africa, 2013

I watched that match. Sreesanth had 5 in first innings and this argument has no weightage. Neutered what' date=' had Dhoni cut his hands. Bowlers job is to bowl first and not throw tantrums.[/quote'] Sreesanth is a d!ck. That's not even the point of contention. But you outlined bowler's job, what's Kaptaan's job? Publicly rebuke his players on the field in the middle of a match? Can you tell me one Kaptaan who has done that? Sreesanth is a d!ck, but there have been worse d!cks than him to have played cricket. Did their Kaptaans do what Dhoni did? Even from South Africa, Nel was at least as big a d!ck as Sreesanth, can you tell me when Smith told him off on the field like Kaptaan Kool?
Sreesanth is a d!ck. That's not even the point of contention. But you outlined bowler's job, what's Kaptaan's job? Publicly rebuke his players on the field in the middle of a match? Can you tell me one Kaptaan who has done that? Sreesanth is a d!ck, but there have been worse d!cks than him to have played cricket. Did their Kaptaans do what Dhoni did? Even from South Africa, Nel was at least as big a d!ck as Sreesanth, can you tell me when Smith told him off on the field like Kaptaan Kool?
Kaptaan in his PC had said he must do things which irritate opposition and not his own team and there must be something like this was happening there. let it be. We both dont know what actually happened among the players.
Kaptaan in his PC had said he must do things which irritate opposition and not his own team and there must be something like this was happening there. let it be. We both dont know what actually happened among the players.
I am not talking about the press conference, but when Kaptaan pulled him up on the field after one of the South Africa players complained.

My Team 1.Shikar Dhawan 2.Unmukund Chand 3.Ajinkinya Rahane 4.Rohit Sharma 5.Manish Pandey 6.Irfan Pathan© 7.C.Gautam(WK) 8.P.Rasool 9.I.Pandey 10.Mohit Sharma 11.Sandeep Warrier Reserves 12.Abhinav mukund 13.Siddarth kaul 14.Sreekant wagh 15.Rishi Dhawan 16.Shabhaz Nadeem

The tour has been finalized now. India A team will tour South Africa in June

India A team is set to tour South Africa in June but the number, types of matches or the opposition have not been decided yet. “The tour to South Africa by India A in June has been finalised. But the dates and types of matches during the tour have not been decided. It could be a combination of limited overs and four-day games,” said Prof Ratnakar Shetty, Indian cricket board’s (BCCI) General Manager for Games Development. The tour would be crucial for the future of Indian cricket as the senior team is set to tour South Africa at the end of the year to play Tests against the world’s number one ranked country and the India A tour could be the ideal tuning up for the tough task ahead in November-December. Meanwhile, South Africa has confirmed that India A and Australia A will tour their country this southern hemisphere winter while announcing that Highveld Lions coach Geoffrey Toyana will coach SA’s Emerging Squad in a quadrangular T20 tournament later this month in Namibia.

I believe that India should have a separate Seniors team apart from the India A team which should include Sehwag, Zaheer, Harbhajan, etc. -- basically old veterans whose game is declining. They may put in good performances to get back into the Indian side, and also the younger players who were previously omitted from the India A team can benefit from being on the India A team instead of old, dropped Indian players.

Shikhar, Vijay, Pujara, Rahane, Kohli, B Kumar, Ashwin, Jadeja, Umesh should go if this tour doesnt clash with Champions trophy. Just because they are test players doesnt mean they shouldnt go on a A tour. They have very little experience in overseas conditions. Playing against a team of SA calibre will be extremely tough if they dont have any knowledge of the conditions.

Players to look out for in the next 5 years for India: Manan Vohra Robin Bist Mandeep Singh Manpreet Juneja Ishank Jaggi Sid Kaul Pankaj Singh Parveez Rasool Rahul Shukla Kamran Khan (In case he makes a return) Unmukt Chand Ambati Rayadu Stuart Binny Shikhar Dhawan Sandeep Warrier Surya Kumar Yadav Harmeet Singh Ashok Menaria Ishwar Pandey Shrikant Wagh Please add any other name if you think I might have forgotten ... Guess Valthaty is important for our T20 team.

Players to look out for in the next 5 years for India: Manan Vohra Robin Bist Mandeep SinghManpreet Juneja Ishank Jaggi Sid Kaul Pankaj SinghParveez Rasool Rahul Shukla Kamran Khan (In case he makes a return) Unmukt Chand Ambati Rayadu Stuart Binny Shikhar Dhawan Sandeep Warrier Surya Kumar Yadav Harmeet Singh Ashok Menaria Ishwar Pandey Shrikant Wagh Please add any other name if you think I might have forgotten ... Guess Valthaty is important for our T20 team.
Already 28, not even in selector's eyes. Won't play for India ever. Mandeep Singh has lost it this year, last year he was amazing. And this year, he couldn't pass 10, other than one century on flattest track ever.
Already 28, not even in selector's eyes. Won't play for India ever. Mandeep Singh has lost it this year, last year he was amazing. And this year, he couldn't pass 10, other than one century on flattest track ever.
I know Mandeep was poor last year, but he is one to look out for over the next few seasons ... Still young. And two players I missed on that list are Mohit Sharma and Jiwanjot Singh ... Thanks Shebby for reminding. BTW, I love the technique, Juneja is displaying in the IPL ... will have a great future ahead if he can build a good temperament.

Let's all be real here. No test quality player is going to go on an A tour. They are meant for fringe players to stake their case. I would call back Gambhir for the A tour. Vijay-Dhawan combo seems pretty set at the time being, but Gambhir has shown some form in domestic setup. If he can score well in SA for teh A team it might cause some pleasant head aches for team management. I would pick: 1. Gautham Gambhir © 2. Abhinav Mukund 3. Jiwanjot Singh 4. Manoj Tiwary 5. CM Gautham (wk) 6. Dinesh Karthik (wk) 7. Abhishek Nayar 8. Rohit Sharma 9. Pankaj Singh 10. Ishwar Pandey 11. Sid Kaul 12. Parvez Rasool 13. Praveen Kumar 14. Harmeet Singh 15. Sandeep Warrier Some other possible names: Unmukt Chand, Robin Bist (pretty disappointing Ranji season though) etc. Bowling cupboard looks bare.

Let's all be real here. No test quality player is going to go on an A tour. They are meant for fringe players to stake their case. I would call back Gambhir for the A tour. Vijay-Dhawan combo seems pretty set at the time being, but Gambhir has shown some form in domestic setup. If he can score well in SA for teh A team it might cause some pleasant head aches for team management. I would pick: Some other possible names: Unmukt Chand, Robin Bist (pretty disappointing Ranji season though) etc. Bowling cupboard looks bare.
Bist has a decent domestic, not like last year, no one can have such seasons again and again. Bowling cupboard is not bare too. Mohit Sharma, Kaul, Ankit Rajpoot, Pandey, Shami, BK, Pankaj, Awana, Warrier to choose from for A tour.

Ind A tour to SA squad? As we approach July 2013, the five wise men of Indian cricket will get down to the nitty gritty (sorry i know its ravi shastri phrase) and select a team of probably 15 indian cricketers for the much awaited A tour to South africa before the real tour at the end of the year. this is my team 1) Jiwanjot Singh 2) Gautam Gambhir (Captain) 3) Cheteshwar Pujara (Vice Captain) 4) Ajinkya Rahane 5) Ambati Rayudu 6) CM Gautam (wicketkeeper) 7) Rishi Dhawan 8) Parvez Rasool 9) Ishwar Pandey 10) Siddharth Kaul 11) Mohit Sharma 12) Abhinav Mukund 13) Aditya Tare( backup wicketkeeper) 14) Sandeep Sharma 15) Zaheer Khan or Shami Ahmed