Muzaffarnagar clashes: death toll rises to 12, Army called in

Number

Honestly, I had no clue that we had these many regular deaths because of communal violence. To be honest 58 deaths in 6-7 years is also high. I think all the big states need to work on this part together with delhi govt taking some strong initiatives. I dont think BJP, RSS, Congress or any other party want to see these clashes happening so regularly across the country or wherever they are happening. They dont get media hype at all. Surprisingly Modi is not as much effective in Gujarat as he is in UP. But 58 is still high in Gujarat. Killing anyone jsut because they are hindu or Muslim or sikh is totally unacceptable. Btw, good see Gambo. I havent seen you in ages. How have you been?

sometimes I feel the skewed sex ratio is the root of all evils.. Jats have one of the poorest sex ratio in India & no wonder there is a fight for every girl in that society
Jaat re jaat, solah duni aath. They aren't known to be very sophisticated as well. And they are eager to fight for each other as group.

This video is for those outsiders who believe that it was only BJP MLA's who made hate speeches and inflammated emotions, just because SP government has booked them only. Question remains why other speakers belonging to parties other than BJP have not been booked? http://indiatoday.intoday.in/video/muzaffarnagar-riots-inflammatory-speeches-uttar-pradesh-muslims-hindus/1/309358.html

How SP' date= BJP, BSP politicians gave their blessings as Muzaffarnagar burned Read more at: http://www.firstpost.com/politics/how-sp-bjp-bsp-politicians-gave-their-blessings-as-muzaffarnagar-burned-1110023.html?utm_source=ref_article
Had read it. Very good unbiased article and give clear picture of what happened on ground. I think it corroborates my earlier post where I had made two main reasons behind escalation of communal violence since Akhilesh took over a) Goonda elements feel empowered b) Administration is manipulated with Police and Local admin being forced to toe local SP leaders.

The riot-affected Jat community in the Muzaffarnagar district and the adjoining areas are reportedly unhappy with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Congress president Sonia Gandhi and party vice president Rahul Gandhi for ignoring them and visiting the Muslim dominated areas and relief camps. Reports on Tuesday said that the Jats are offended with the trio's selective approach to the riot-hit victims and alleged disparity from them, despite Sonia and Rahul making a brief stop at Bawali and Khanjpura, which are said to be the Jat dominated villages. Reports also suggest that even the Muslims have complained over the huge security deployed in the area for the VVIP visit, whereas they were given no security and left to defend themselves when the violence hit their lives. Over a week after the three-day orgy ended leaving 48 people dead and thousands homeless, Manmohan Singh toured some of the troubled villages, meeting villagers and discussing the relief and rehabilitation measures with officials on Monday. A large number of men and women spoke to the Prime Minister and the Gandhis from behind wooden barricades, with security personnel keeping a close watch. Some were teary eyed as they narrated incidents of those three days when mobs set upon innocents as they fled their village homes. Monday's visit by the Prime Minister and the Gandhis - slammed by the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) as "secular tourism" - came a day after Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav was shown black flags by angry residents when he went to Muzaffarnagar. BJP national vice-president Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi described the visit by the trio as "nothing but secular tourism on communal riots".

long story short - the SP Govt. was responsible for most of it.
Oh no! What about the kaansipracy theory involving Modi' date=' sangh parivar etc.?[/quote'] How come media, Congress and other seculars not asking for the arrest of the SP leader, who let rioters free in UP? Amit Shah is communal but Azam Khan & co are secular...:two_thumbs_up: