Countdown to Kohli being ranked number 1

Which are those A tours where Rahane did better than Rohit? Playing for India A, Rahane averages 33. Record read 10 matches, 491 runs@33 , with 1 100 and 3 50s. Rohit has a slightly better record, though nothing special. 10 matches, 592 runs@42 with 1 100 and 4 50s. Both of them have played one match each for Board President's XI, Rahane hit 113*, Rohit scored 134. Both have a similar record playing Ranji Trophy for Mumbai. Rahane though has a much superior record in Duleep and Irani trophies.
Last a tour of South Africa
Well our new young batters are potetnial FTBs. That will be the same for next 100 years. All will have that potential label till they do bussiness overseas(same for pak and sl bats). He and pujra like our illustrious greats from past have proved they are not. Murali Vijay has almost proved it he is nor FTB, in fact I think he has proved he is not. Rohit Sharma I guaranteee will prove is not FTB and will be ATG like Kohli and Pujara. Rhanane may have almost proved he is not FTB. Only doubt in our top 6 is Dhawan. Jury out
whats the difference between Dhawan n Rohit?both started great in home conditions,threw it away here in first innings and got a good one in 2nd dig. so whats the difference?Don't tell me its tailunt.Jury is as much out on Rohit as on Dhawan
whats the difference between Dhawan n Rohit?both started great in home conditions,threw it away here in first innings and got a good one in 2nd dig. so whats the difference?Don't tell me its tailunt.Jury is as much out on Rohit as on Dhawan
The cricket eye says rohit more techincally accomplished and will be ok in all conditions. Thats my opnion But yes if doing nymber crucnching and treating cricket as some form of statistic accountancy they are both equal after the one test overseas
Johannesburg Test centurions on the move Meanwhile, two of the four centurions in the Johannesburg Test, Virat Kohli and Faf du Plessis, have moved in the right direction on theReliance ICC Player Rankings for Test Batsmen. Kohli, who stroked 119 and 96, has jumped nine places to a career-best 11th position, du Plessis’ 134 in the second innings has helped him rocket 16 places to a best-ever 28th position. Of the other two century-makers in the Test, number-one ranked AB de Villiers and India’s Cheteshwar Pujara have consolidated their number-one and number-seven spots, respectively. De Villiers now leads second-ranked Hashim Amla by 25 ratings points while Pujara has earned 37 ratings points to lead eighth-ranked Misbah-ul-Haq by 55 ratings points and has reduced the gap with sixth-ranked Kumar Sangakkara to 28 ratings points.

Will give benefit of doubt to both batsmen. Rohit and Dhawan. I still think Rohit at 6 is a better choice than at 5 atleast until he comes to terms with Test cricket. Rahane meanwhile has to focus on long periods. That edge to slips was clear lapse of judgement. All 3 have plenty of scope for improvement. Rahane has great defense. He should complement it with concentration.

The cricket eye says rohit more techincally accomplished and will be ok in all conditions. Thats my opnion But yes if doing nymber crucnching and treating cricket as some form of statistic accountancy they are both equal after the one test overseas
I agree with this , still havent given up on Rohit . Age difference is also a factor between Rohit and Dhawan , with the former having a little more time on his hands .
Kohli needs to convert his 100s into big ones, I am waiting for this guy to become Indian captain. Pujara I expected more from him this series , he is one big disappointment from this series.
Anyone can fail in two test matches. He played well in South Africa. Remember in 2003 when India toured Aus, SRT didn't do anything in the first three tests and them scored a daddy hundred in the 4th. The point is a two test match series is too short to judge anyone. If you combine both SA and NZ tour as one tour (4 tests) he did reasonably well.
Anyone can fail in two test matches. He played well in South Africa. Remember in 2003 when India toured Aus' date=' SRT didn't do anything in the first three tests and them scored a daddy hundred in the 4th. The point is a two test match series is too short to judge anyone. If you combine both SA and NZ tour as one tour (4 tests) he did reasonably well.[/quote'] I am not judging Pujara but he himself would be disappointed big time with his series. Pujara can play, Rahane whom I had questions played very well on both tours along with Dhawan Indians have 4 players who can play anywhere. I hope these guys don't turn into one performance per series kind of players which is what previous generation was all about.