Harbhajan Singh - A forgotten Cricketer?

With 413 test & 259 ODI wickets, his class was never in question. It was only the poor form that was a cause of concern. But considering that Ashwin is not doing too great recently, shall we give Bhajji another go on the national side? He is 33 years old (only?) and might stil have 2 years of cricket left in him. Mind you spinners normally have a longer career than a fast bowler and his fitness is also not a cause of concern. A champion bowler like him must deserve a final burst. Recent Ranji Performances [table=head;sort=4]Bat & Bowl| Team| Opposition|Ground| Match Date 2, 1/6, 6, 0/39|Punjab|v Gujarat|Mohali|21 Nov 2013 4/90, 5, 4/67,0|Punjab|v Mumbai| Chandigarh|7 Nov 2013 6/54, 49*, 3/83|Punjab|v Odisha |Mohali |27 Oct 2013 [/table]

Started well in Ranji Trophy picking 16 wickets in first 2 matches and has been injured ever since. A good domestic season could havfe got him right back in contention after a very good Champions League. Had been bowling the doosra again and that seemed to have made him a better bowler again.

Started well in Ranji Trophy picking 16 wickets in first 2 matches and has been injured ever since. A good domestic season could havfe got him right back in contention after a very good Champions League. Had been bowling the doosra again and that seemed to have made him a better bowler again.
Class is permanent...form is temporary - Maybe? :hmmm:
But considering that Ashwin is not doing too great recently' date=' shall we give Bhajji another go on the national side?[/quote'] He will simply struggle and Ashwin will take wickets in FC, then folks will create threads asking Ashwin to be brought back and we run in circles. Lets not forget Ashwins record in India is impressive as well and he is the better batsman. We need to find a better spinner than Ashwin rather than replace him with another mediocre one. Why burst at the teams expense?! Why waste 2 years on Bhajji when the experience will be invaluable for a young spinner who might have another 10 years of cricket left in him. Also Bhajji is not exactly the epitome of fitness. Its not as if Bhajji is starving or struggling to make ends meet!! Leave him to what he does best, entertain Nita Ambani!!
He will simply struggle and Ashwin will take wickets in FC, then folks will create threads asking Ashwin to be brought back and we run in circles. Lets not forget Ashwins record in India is impressive as well and he is the better batsman. We need to find a better spinner than Ashwin rather than replace him with another mediocre one. Why burst at the teams expense?! Why waste 2 years on Bhajji when the experience will be invaluable for a young spinner who might have another 10 years of cricket left in him. Also Bhajji is not exactly the epitome of fitness. Its not as if Bhajji is starving or struggling to make ends meet!! Leave him to what he does best, entertain Nita Ambani!!
Harbhajan is a better spinner than Pausewin (I can't take wickets outside SC):giggle: If Ashwin is such a good spinner, we wont be sitting at 9-0 today. Bhajji might not be epitome of fitness but neither is Ashwin. As far as entertaining Nita Ambani is concerned, atleast Ambani's dont interfere with national team selection. Its due to Ashwin's entertainment to Srini, he is still in the team. I can bet my house any other spinner would have been ousted. There is no justification for 9-0
Harbhajan is a better spinner than Pausewin (I can't take wickets outside SC):giggle: If Ashwin is such a good spinner, we wont be sitting at 9-0 today. Bhajji might not be epitome of fitness but neither is Ashwin. As far as entertaining Nita Ambani is concerned, atleast Ambani's dont interfere with national team selection. Its due to Ashwin's entertainment to Srini, he is still in the team. I can bet my house any other spinner would have been ousted. There is no justification for 9-0
Bhajji made his test debut in 1998..IIRC his first successful test series outside the SC was in 2009.
^^ Hope Ashwin comes good as we dont have any home tests this year. We will be playing England and Australia in tough conditions. At the moment Ashwin avgs : 75 overseas :hysterical:
:hysterical: Let us see what Ashwin can do in New Zealand and in England.

Bhajji was a great bowler in his prime. But over the years his form deserted him and the worst thing is that he nowadays behaves like a coward. When the opposition is at an advantage he hides himself in the field/fakes injuries/makes excuses. His attitude mustn't go unpunished. Even though I hate CSK from the bottom of my heart I can't doubt Ashwin's talent. What he has achieved at least in test cricket over the past 2 years, very few must have done all that. I hope he improves his overseas record for India's sake. If properly groomed I am sure he will end up as one of the greatest players in the history of Indian cricket.

Dravid also is of the opinion it takes lot of time to get used to various cricket balls. Kookaburra is the hardest for a finger spinner to master. Duke is slightly easier.. still not as easy as SG balls. It will take a while for any finger spinner to get used to. Not like Bhajji set the world on fire in other parts Averaging 73 in Australia, Averaging 49 in England, Averaging 34 in SA.

Dartbhajan’s attitude and behaviour on the last Eng tour was embarrassing and disgusting. Claimed to have an injury in one of the tests which meant he was unable to bowl and India were a bowler down yet when batting he was swinging the bat like it was the IPL final which showed his true character. Recalling him now would be lunacy as should be building for the future and not recycling has-beens though Dhoni does have his Long Rope Club.