Rohit Sharma is sucking the momentum out of India

G_B_

Rohit after Kohli's exit was batting poorly too. Yuvi deserve to be dropped for being selfish. 10 off 19 is simply not on. Didn't even try to hit a six or something. He is just riding on too much emotions at the moment. I bet if there was any other player, he would have been dropped, but since its Yuvi, he will never be dropped and be given the whole WC. He is a big match player and a quality player and we need such players in top form - I agree, but yesterday's innings was as ridiculous as it gets. Very very disappointed with Yuvi. Nohit on the other handed batted beautifully with Kohli, but once Kohli got out, he should have taken the initiative to hit the big shots while Yuvi was clearly struggling to put bat on ball. He being the settled batsman should have hit a few boundary balls from Samuels and Russell out of the ground, but there was absolutely no intent from him. He played selfishly for a 60 not out and he deserves to be criticized too. Poor batting from both Sharma and Yuvi.

Rohit did play a part in making this run chase so pathetic. Though Yuvi made it look ridiculous at the end, Rohit should have gone for his shots once India had reached 100 and was absolutely safe. He would be BIG TIME RESPONSIBLE, in case India fails to qualify because of NRR. It was important to shut out WI in terms of NRR too. Even after having won 2 matches, we don't have much of a run rate to speak about and a big loss against Australia may now throw us out. :wall:

:finger: Now when you should criticize him, you are posting +1, +2 kind of nonsense.
When yuvi was struggling he hit boundary at perfect time to take off pressure it was clearly team strategy to let him bat play some balls but yuvi was hopeless and it lead to him even missing in last over
nohit shining against windies is no brainer but 62 of 55 is not a great innings in t20s by any means.he got to his 50 in 42 deliveries and should have hammered the bowlers after that
Exactly Brendon McCullum said on a recent programme that the hardest part as batter is to get to 20 runs but then once there you have to step on the gas to reach 50 quickly. Big problem with Nohit is he plays at the same pace in every game irrespective of the match conditions which for someone who has been in international cricket that long is pathetic. He does not know how to change gears and accumulates far too many dot balls.
Rohit did play a part in making this run chase so pathetic. Though Yuvi made it look ridiculous at the end, Rohit should have gone for his shots once India had reached 100 and was absolutely safe. He would be BIG TIME RESPONSIBLE, in case India fails to qualify because of NRR. It was important to shut out WI in terms of NRR too. Even after having won 2 matches, we don't have much of a run rate to speak about and a big loss against Australia may now throw us out. :wall:
Yuvraj was at least new to the crease. Rohit was well set, but appeared more interested in boosting his averages rather than take India home. Rohit was the main culprit in India failing to finish the match by 16th or the 17th over.
When yuvi was struggling he hit boundary at perfect time to take off pressure it was clearly team strategy to let him bat play some balls but yuvi was hopeless and it lead to him even missing in last over
He should have taken the initiative a lot before that. Kohli was going perfectly well at a rate of 150 SR and Rohit kept doing tuk-tuk. A 40 in T20s is as good as a 50. He should have started hitting as soon as he reached his 40; since Kohli was well set on the other side (and with his match finishing ability was the ideal person to see it through). But no, he kept tuk-tuking throughout, and now we are stuck with a piddly NRR. One big loss against Australia and we are out of the tournament. :wall: :wall: The team strategy is pathetic to say the least as well; first they send him to open which is not his forte, and then they don't give him a kick up the backside so that he 'ups the ante'. Everyone's happy that they have won two matches :clap: :clap: :mad:
He should have taken the initiative a lot before that. Kohli was going perfectly well at a rate of 150 SR and Rohit kept doing tuk-tuk. A 40 in T20s is as good as a 50. He should have started hitting as soon as he reached his 40; since Kohli was well set on the other side (and with his match finishing ability was the ideal person to see it through). But no, he kept tuk-tuking throughout, and now we are stuck with a piddly NRR. One big loss against Australia and we are out of the tournament. :wall: :wall: The team strategy is pathetic to say the least as well; first they send him to open which is not his forte, and then they don't give him a kick up the backside so that he 'ups the ante'. Everyone's happy that they have won two matches :clap: :clap: :mad:
I am not gonna criticise for playing good but not great I think he will be key against Australia ..it's gonna be like that odi series we had at home :haha: let's hope no one has a bad day and win cos Aussie bowling sucks and batting is great but if pitch is slow they will struggle
I am not gonna criticise for playing good but not great I think he will be key against Australia ..it's gonna be like that odi series we had at home :haha: let's hope no one has a bad day and win cos Aussie bowling sucks and batting is great but if pitch is slow they will struggle
You're just behaving like a scorecard pandit :finger: Go become a selector now.
You're just behaving like a scorecard pandit :finger: Go become a selector now.
Nah I am trying to be objective ...before match u were going we will lose we will lose and now u want to win in 15 overs :giggle: I am just seeing it as whole West Indies are no push overs we could have won by bigger margin but most people here did not even give us chance of winning Infact I am disappointed by fielding more than anything ..yes rohit could have scored quicker but seeing how he was struggling more the fact he stayed there won match was good .. Will repeat we should not criticise someone for not being brilliant it's unfair