IPL 2014 - Chennai Super Kings - Official Thread

StriKe

Luke Wright can open and finish. He can consolidate. He can score at a brisk pace at a sr OF 200. He can bowl fast medium with a speed of 135-140+ with outright seam. He can swing and reverse swing it with the new ball. A decent death bowler. Can Bravo do all this?
There is a reason Wright is not even in the England team. EOS.

CSK maybe sitting pretty on the points table, but I feel like their lower middle order is more fragile than we think. So far, the success of Smith/McCullum at the top has helped shield them but that is not going to last forever as we keep moving forward in tournament. CSK have an unbelievable top 5 – Smith and Brendan at the top as devastating an opening pair as you can think of. But the real strength is numbers 3, 4 and 5 – Raina is all time leading IPL run scorer, Faf is a hyper-intelligent, extremely under-rated T20 bat and MSD is well, MSD. But from Numbers 6 onwards, I have some genuine questions – In the short time that I saw Mithun Manhas in the game against SRH, he looked shaky to me. It could all just be nerves, but from based on what I saw, I don’t trust Mithun to take us home if we needed 40 off the last 5 overs with 5 wickets in hand. Jadeja is definitely a hit-or-miss kind of batsmen who can be consumed cheaply if you bowl a good ball at him early. Ash is ok, but is a touch-batsmen who cannot score a boundary if he wants to. I am sure this is a subject of heavy debate among Flem and the rest of the csk management right now. These guys are just too intelligent to not notice this. Obviously, if Bravo was not injured, he’d played in place of Hilfenhaus and provided us with some added muscles at the no.7/no.8 spot. Bravo’s contribution to CSK’s consistent success is under-rated. He’s never scored that 70 off 40 or even 50 off 28 kind of innings, but he’s single-handedly won CSK some games with some lusty blows. Losing him is a huge blow. It is not often that T20 games are won by 7, 8 wicket margins. More often than not, you need #6, #7 and #8 batsmen to make some sort of meaningful contribution. All those three are weak spots now. Any team with a strong seam attack than can damage csk early can take advantage of this.

BmXyoZ4CcAAkjkL.jpg
I'm surprised that the CSK faithful do not see anything wrong with this pic. Its such a disturbing image. And I say this inspite of being a complete MSD fan. The three local part-time players (serfs/proles call them what you will) are seated together for breakfast. They are given only plan croissants. Dhoni (knight) on the other hand has a table all to himself, doesn't mingle with the part timers and gets to gorge down pasta. If unsolicited calls to bookies, unscrupulous owners, conflict of interests weren't enough now we have unabashed feudalism too emanating from the rank and file of CSK. Bravo!! (pun unintended)

I'm surprised that the CSK faithful do not see anything wrong with this pic. Its such a disturbing image. And I say this inspite of being a complete MSD fan. The three local part-time players (serfs/proles call them what you will) are seated together for breakfast. They are given only plan croissants. Dhoni (knight) on the other hand has a table all to himself, doesn't mingle with the part timers and gets to gorge down pasta. If unsolicited calls to bookies, unscrupulous owners, conflict of interests weren't enough now we have unabashed feudalism too emanating from the rank and file of CSK. Bravo!! (pun unintended)
BmehiXnCcAE82pf.jpg:large

BmehiXnCcAE82pf.jpg:large
You're make the split even more apparent posting such pics. The two non Chennaiites- Raina and Jadeja are clearly sharing a joke here. See how they exclude Ashwin (?) from the joke. He's seen listening to Apdi pode pode on his i pode. To rampant match fixing, shady ownership and feudalism, its safe to say we can add regionalism too as a vice practiced by CSK.

You're make the split even more apparent posting such pics. The two non Chennaiites- Raina and Jadeja are clearly sharing a joke here. See how they exclude Ashwin (?) from the joke. He's seen listening to Apdi pode pode on his music system. To rampant match fixing, shady ownership and feudalism, its safe to say we can add regionalism too as a vice practiced by CSK.
Also they sit based on thier colour..you can add racism as well :(

You're make the split even more apparent posting such pics. The two non Chennaiites- Raina and Jadeja are clearly sharing a joke here. See how they exclude Ashwin (?) from the joke. He's seen listening to Apdi pode pode on his music system. To rampant match fixing, shady ownership and feudalism, its safe to say we can add regionalism too as a vice practiced by CSK.
Where is Ashwin in that pic ?

^ Also' date=' in case of air travel, you are forced sit with others even if you don't like it... The expression of Dhobi clearly betrays his emotions...[/quote'] Agree Raina & Jaddu are smiling at gun point,only if photo was taken after gun is lowered :(

Where is Ashwin in that pic ?
Exactly!!! Now you see my point. The Chennai local boys are no where to be seen in the picture. They are made to sit in economy class seats at the very end of the plane all by them selves. Is this how a multi national franchise should function? Where is the espirit de corps? Where is the fabled team spirit that Ram loves to crow about?