speed and performance of indian pacers in ipl

vishalvirsingh

Dude Srinath was an out and out quick. You have to compare people to their period. He was bloody quick in 1999 and 2003 WC when the speed guns were used. And 2003 was *** end of his career and he still hit 142+ when he was a granpa was clearly faster than Akram in that series.
Guys srenath at his peak was a 145 to 150k bowler with steep bouncing capability Zak at his best ws upto 145k Umesh aaron loose control as soon as they touch 145....so lets not compare th with sreenath at all and not even..zak used to bowl around 144 145 with good control.... Sreenath was way better n even faster on an average. ..good part is even when he retired he bowled 137 to 142...where as Zak is now 125 to 136k.

Read above
I have read that plenty of times before and will still say Srinath, Aaron, Umesh are not too different in pace. Srinath's alleged quickest was 156 in SA while Umesh and Aaron both have hit 153k quickest. Aaron and Umesh both hit 90 mph regularly.

We will never know about the release speeds for sure. But, one thing is sure .... Srinath's deliveries were physically more threatening to the batsmen. From the point of view of a batsmen, that is true fast bowling.
That is because extra bounce and ball always coming in towards the body of the batsmen.

True but i think in 2003 wc series they bowled quick throughout. BTW you shaved off the decimal points but thats still quicker or as quick as Aaron' date='Shami and Umesh presently. Not to say those guys might have clocked quicker if it were t20's.[/quote'] Aaron and Umesh have hit 150 several times in ODIs not just T20. Only Srinath was genuine fast bowler. Both Nehra and Zak were fast medium.

I have read that plenty of times before and will still say Srinath' date=' Aaron, Umesh are not too different in pace. Srinath's alleged quickest was 156 in SA while Umesh and Aaron both have hit 153k quickest. Aaron and Umesh both hit 90 mph regularly.[/quote'] Except Srinath looked genuinely faster and often beat the batsmen for pace, something I am yet to see Umesh and Aaron do

Except Srinath looked genuinely faster and often beat the batsmen for pace' date=' something I am yet to see Umesh and Aaron do[/quote'] i think umesh easily looks faster than him he just makes bowling quick lot easier than anyone else we produced :winky: and beating for pace please srinath was no lee or akthar he had swing and one few series he was quick but umsh never got chance to play on tracks like that and looked quick even on pattas jsut see england test he played before injury

Except Srinath looked genuinely faster and often beat the batsmen for pace' date=' something I am yet to see Umesh and Aaron do[/quote'] Both have done that too. Even in this IPL, they have hurried the batsmen on these slow pitches. Umesh did it plenty in Australia in tests. Srinath's weapon was bounce and not just pace. Bounce is what discomforts the batsmen more than just pace. Other than that, now, we rarely get fast and bouncy pitches like those days even overseas .

I think Umesh and Aaron are quicker on average, as they use pace mostly( UY uses swing in tests). Srinath probably could have been as quick or marginally quicker when needed, but might have relied more on bounce as he was pretty tall 6'3 -4" there abouts. But all three are fast not express i'd say. But Srinath was second quickest in the world at some point in time, cant say that about UY or Aaron..they are more like 5-8 in the world in terms of speed of effort deliveries..there are a couple of SA, an army of Aus and couple of windies who bowl faster effort balls than them.

I think Umesh and Aaron are quicker on average' date=' as they use pace mostly( UY uses swing in tests). Srinath probably could have been as quick or marginally quicker when needed, but might have relied more on bounce as he was pretty tall 6'3 -4" there abouts. But all three are fast not express i'd say. But Srinath was second quickest in the world at some point in time, cant say that about UY or Aaron..they are more like 5-8 in the world in terms of speed of effort deliveries..there are a couple of SA, an army of Aus and couple of windies who bowl faster effort balls than them.[/quote'] The reason, there were not many genuine pacers at that time.

how good was umesh today ? interms of speed
Bowled 139 to 144 k. Really bowled well and ended up with 3 for 13 in 4 overs. He was going for control today and was obviously bowling well within himself. Bowled a good mixture of outswingers, offcutters, slower deliveries and bouncers.