The BJP thread

kabbirann

I can't understand why BJP was never present in WB. What could be the reason? And also why it got momentum now?
Left had an Iron hold over the state for decades so I guess thats why BJP never really seriously thought about entering. Its only when TMC came in 2012 and then Mamta starting mismanaging the state within one year that BJP seems to have woken up to the opportunity. As for the momentum, that is almost entirely Mamta's creation - by repeatedly targeting BJP for everything wrong happening in WB, she has made BJP into the main opposition party in the state - the state BJP hasn't done much to create this momentum (BJP's Central leadership has been active though). Left parties never recovered after the drubbing in 2012 while Cong also seems to be leaderless and inactive in the state. At such a time Mamta, instead of consolidating her power, has given away the advantage to BJP.

I agree with texan. Where are the traditional bengali names within the bjp wb? Why do i get the feeling bjp is banking on non bengalis settled in wb to come second?
If reports are true, Saurav Ganguly may join BJP.. it will be Dada vs Didi :cheer:

If reports are true' date=' Saurav Ganguly may join BJP.. it will be Dada vs Didi :cheer:[/quote'] lets just hope he does not face a bouncer. but that aside is Ganguly going to be serious about politics? or just another sidhu?

Left had an Iron hold over the state for decades so I guess thats why BJP never really seriously thought about entering. Its only when TMC came in 2012 and then Mamta starting mismanaging the state within one year that BJP seems to have woken up to the opportunity. As for the momentum, that is almost entirely Mamta's creation - by repeatedly targeting BJP for everything wrong happening in WB, she has made BJP into the main opposition party in the state - the state BJP hasn't done much to create this momentum (BJP's Central leadership has been active though). Left parties never recovered after the drubbing in 2012 while Cong also seems to be leaderless and inactive in the state. At such a time Mamta, instead of consolidating her power, has given away the advantage to BJP.
Give some credit ro Modi/Shah.In same scenario if we had old BJP leadership nothing will have happened.You need skills to use the opportunity.