The BJP thread

kabbirann

I see that you have no reply to my argument. And hence the use of smileys. Have a read of this link: http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/kerala/vidyarambham-blurs-religious-borders/article834392.ece Even churches conduct vidyarambham.
Yes, your claim that Saraswati Puja is not a hindu ritual is absolutely laughable. If you have issues with smileys i'll not use here, but that wouldn't make your comment any less laughable.

Yes' date=' your claim that Saraswati Puja is not a hindu ritual is absolutely laughable. If you have issues with smileys i'll not use here, but that wouldn't make your comment any less laughable.[/quote'] So a ritual conducted by christians in churches also qualify as hindu ritual? Fantastic!

Really? So if I deny offer of christmas as a holiday' date=' would banks open on the same day to transact business for me?[/quote'] you have to find some bank managers or service providers who wants to work on Christmas and you can get it done. If they don't want to take offer of leave, they'll work. You can choose only on your holidays, not on others holidays.

The BJP are inching ahead in Delhi everyday..... as per the bookies. Have to say in the last few days after Bedi was made CM candidate the BJP i feel will release shock and awe in the last week or so before the vote. Its going to be one big BJP blitz

CHANDIGARH: For bookies, a BJP government is certain in Delhi after the February polls. Arvind Kejriwal and his AAP won't repeat their 2013 show while for the Congress, the decimation isn't over yet. With the illegal betting market already on fire with the Cricket World Cup on the horizon, the market for Delhi elections is also picking up with political battles between the BJP and AAP getting fierce after Kiran Bedi joined the BJP. Punters expect the BJP to secure 46 seats, a comfortable majority in the 70-member assembly.
http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2015-01-21/news/58305830_1_bjp-and-aap-70-member-assembly-bjp-government I echo the sentiments of S=G when in that I believe that the BJP will finish in 35-40

you have to find some bank managers or service providers who wants to work on Christmas and you can get it done. If they don't want to take offer of leave' date= they'll work. You can choose only on your holidays, not on others holidays.
AAP logic so galore here. Please tell me which bank allows such activities. Given it is a gazetted holiday. It's not offered to employees, it is gazetted. Dear me!

i think i can't participate in debate whether Saraswati Puja is a hindu ritual or not. It is a fact' date=' not an opinion. Debating this would be an insult to hinduism.[/quote'] How is that you think debating on this is considered insulting to hinduism, but debating whether gods reside in idols done so expressly in PK is not considered insulting to hinduism?

Looks like Obama visit is good timing as he seems to be campaigning for BJP in the upcoming elections. .
Wait till he meets Amit Shah, he will join BJP. I must say Modi and his team as usual have done their homework very well. Getting nuclear deal done in 4 months which was struck from 4 years is remarkable. Modi is a no nonsense man. As Jagdish Bhagwati told NDTV, mr Modi is god's gift to India.

Generally speaking(although we have our minor deviations here and there), secularism ~ separation of 'insert religious institution' and state. Lets not forget that while defending Modi sarkar. Just bcoz the other side blames everything on the current govt doesn't mean we act the exact opposite.

People are confusing that a school can be Christian or Muslim or Hindu (like the one I went to). But a govt can't be force somebody to obey hindu' date= muslim or christian rituals. I am pretty sure people who are defending this move recognize this different pretty much even they may pretend not to understand. This would be same as forcing all schools asked to send all students to church on Christamas or do some specific things on Eid and which would be simply unacceptable.
And some days ago, you were crying on this same forum about how your "Hindu school" tortured you into singing "Hindu hymns".

Why do people call/consider Hinduism to be a religion in the traditional sense? It is a Dharma, not a religion. Also, aren't there convent schools that make it mandatory for all students to attend morning service everyday? Why don't people raise any issue with such schools? You have a problem with the Saraswati puja? No problem. Raise the salient questions. People have the right to critique and question, infact, I strongly encourage people to constructively do so. But at least be consistent with your criticism and questioning. Consistency please.

Why do people call/consider Hinduism to be a religion in the traditional sense? It is a Dharma, not a religion. Also, aren't there convent schools that make it mandatory for all students to attend morning service everyday? Why don't people raise any issue with such schools? People have the right to critique and question, infact, I strongly encourage people to constructively do so. But at least be consistent with your criticism and questioning. Consistency please.
That is quite accurate, But to change this perception will take time. You have communal brigade ( which is called secular in this country ) waiting to pounce on any anything. This could have been done differently. As I said, hindus,muslims and christians used to pray to Saraswati in my school since she represented knowledge. Simple as that. There is no religious diversion.Even the thought didn't occur to us

I don't have any liberal guilt. All i have liberal and secular pride on behalf of my country but unfortunately that is coming under increasing pressure.
Unfortunately your secular pride seems very brittle. It is not your fault. It is ambiguous idea in this country and supporters of it live in same kind of ambiguity. Just as those of Akhand Bharat.

That is quite accurate' date= But to change this perception will take time. You have communal brigade ( which is called secular in this country ) waiting to pounce on any anything. This could have been done differently. As I said, hindus,muslims and christians used to pray to Saraswati in my school since she represented knowledge. Simple as that. There is no religious diversion.Even the thought didn't occur to us
The problem is that there are too many vested interests at very high levels. As you say, there is no quick fix. The media plays a very big role in stoking these communal flames. Thank heaven for the advent of social media. Modi and the BJP owes social media big time.