Sri Lanka tour of England & Ireland 2014

The duplicity of Jayawardene's stand on "mankading" and his moral high-horse Here's what Mahela had to say when Thirimanne was run-out after being warned earlier. http://www.espncricinfo.com/commonwealth-bank-series-2012/content/story/554756.html

Sticking with the popular opinion, Jayawardene said that it was "nice and clean" to not run a batsman out who is technically indulging in unfair play. "I wouldn't have got the bails off in the first place, to be honest," he said. "Try and keep it nice and clean, and tell the umpires to try and keep an eye on the guy. But if he still keeps doing it regularly, and if he is taking advantage, yes then, but I think they did the right thing in the middle. The seniors got together. Like I said, let's move on."
Same situation with Butler who was warned but here is what Mahela has to say http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-sri-lanka-2014/content/story/750119.html
"We gave him a fair chance," Jayawardene said. "Twice. Before the first warning, we told the umpires that he was taking too much of a lead and then he was warned again. We had to do that, because they kept doing it. We always try to play in the right spirit, but if the other team is not playing in the right spirit and not going with the law, then unfortunately we had to take the law into our hands. It was the third time. It is fair enough, I think. We all need to play by the rules."
So, in effect when the player run-out is a SL player - "Spirit of the game" and blah blah blah but while the player is not SL "What can we do, we gave chances, we need to play by the rules". No one has a problem with playing by the rules but the selective moral superiority displayed shows the character of the person.
u guys are obsessed with sri lankans.
There was a game yesterday when a controversial incident took place laden with blatant hypocrisy as usual by SL. It is the usual cricket discussion which is going on, just because your beloved team is on the receiving side of it - you are getting your panties in a twist.
Sour grapes by the Indians to bring up WC toss. For godsakes you won the cup and still ***** about it. Here is what happened once and for all, please read it and stop whining. http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc_cricket_worldcup2011/content/story/509133.html
But the issue is brought up by Slan fan above. If you decide to add you 1 cent in a thread....at least read up. And yes we won the WC and we are happy...specially winning I against SL. Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
There was a game yesterday when a controversial incident took place laden with blatant hypocrisy as usual by SL. It is the usual cricket discussion which is going on' date=' just because your beloved team is on the receiving side of it - you are getting your panties in a twist.[/quote'] :haha: i could care less about this. mahela and sanga are reputed all over the cricket world for their character. sanga has been the player rep for FICA for 7 successive years.
:haha: i could care less about this. mahela and sanga are reputed all over the cricket world for their character. sanga has been the player rep for FICA for 7 successive years.
Donkey - just because Mahela is reputed doesn't mean he can't be a hypocrite. But logic is surely not the forte of SL fans or players.

This is the same SL ex-captain who violated the spirit of cricket....repeatedly by maintaining a slow over rate and when it was clear that he was going to banned for next offense send some other violater to toss & avoid the ban. SLan team are the worst offenders of the spirit of the cricket. They are the real win at all cost team. Atleast Indian/Aus/SA/Eng players do their MC/BC in the field...but SLan players pretend to be gentlemen...but will go against spirit of cricket if it suits them. Wait for Jaya to lecture the whole world when some other team send a pretender captain at the toss against SL & purposely slow down the bowling.