I don't know who is Sachin Tendulkar : Maria Sharapova

BlueBee

I remember having this debate with Ganeshran if Tendulkar is the most popular Indian. Sharapova's comments pretty much sound the death knell to his line of reasoning. A Tendulkar is simply not going to be recognized in a whole host of countries. Continental Europe, Eastern Europe, The Americas, North Africa, Western Africa, the far East and the Middle East. People simply don't watch cricket there. Apart from the diaspora from the common wealth. Tendulkar could simply walk down the street in those places and he wouldn't get a second glance. However, if it were an Amitabh/ SRK to walk down those streets, chances are that he would be recognized and possibly mobbed.
With Clever use of words here you're trying to include SRK :hysterical: SRK fan detection ... ON.......99.9% -Mariyam is a Jingoistic SRK fan to include him between Maria and Sachin ..Fan detection ..OFF "/

Some hilarious Tweets

Well, here are some hilarious tweets . 1.)Teacher-who is maria sharapova Alia Bhatt-she kills mosquitoes Teacher-what Alia Bhatt-she always has dat racket in her hand 2.)That awkward moment when Sachin Tendulkar's wife asks him, who is Maria Sharapova and why are you both trending together. 3.)Who is Maria Sharapova? Maria Sharapova is Alia Bhatt of Tennis. By-SirJadeja "So, which famous Indian do you know?" Sharapova: Sheila Dixit! She had 31 ACs, 25 heaters & 16 coolers in her bungalow! Amazing lady! Who is Maria Sharapova? a tennis player forgot Tennis after hearing name of Sachin Tendulkar-"God of cricket" Reporter: Do ya know Sachin Tendulkar? Sharapova: absolutely no 4.) Reporter: What about KRK? Sharapova: Oh! Yup, he's a Certified *******, isn't it? Who is Maria Sharapova ? That gorgeous girl with great hair and a poor GK.

Lets ask Sharapova' date=' if is she knows who Shahrukh Khan is ?:cantstop:[/quote'] That hypothetical question not withstanding, Bollywood stars of the yesteryear were immensely popular in the USSR. Almost to the point of being household names. Raj Kapoor, Amitabh, Mithun are likely to be quite popular there. @ Raghav and @ Stuge Thing is that cricket doesn't have the global appeal that Bollywood does. So its understandable that our heroes aren't recognized outside. My point is that Bollywood is probably the most recognized proponent of India and Indian culture abroad.

I remember having this debate with Ganeshran if Tendulkar is the most popular Indian. Sharapova's comments pretty much sound the death knell to his line of reasoning. A Tendulkar is simply not going to be recognized in a whole host of countries. Continental Europe, Eastern Europe, The Americas, North Africa, Western Africa, the far East and the Middle East. People simply don't watch cricket there. Apart from the diaspora from the common wealth. Tendulkar could simply walk down the street in those places and he wouldn't get a second glance. However, if it were an Amitabh/ SRK to walk down those streets, chances are that he would be recognized and possibly mobbed.
Mobbed only by Indians in USA lol

@ Raghav and @ Stuge Thing is that cricket doesn't have the global appeal that Bollywood does. So its understandable that our heroes aren't recognized outside. My point is that Bollywood is probably the most recognized exponent of India and Indian culture abroad.
XuubhXJ.jpg :winky::winky::icflove: