FIFA WC 2014 (Dream) Final ~ Argentina vs Germany ~ Germany bags 4th WC!

fineleg

Pretty upset with Argentina's loss. But they themselves have to be blamed. There were so many easy opportunities, with one being for great Messi, but they squandered all. I also feel decisions to take Lavezzi off the field wasn't a good one. He was very pacy and causing lot of troubles for Germans. Aguero proved to be absolutely useless.

^^You think he deserved Golden Ball?
Yes he did. For the simple reason his efforts helped his team to reach the finals. If you look at their team on paper, it would be easy to predict them not reaching last 4. You may say Muller's efforts won them the cup but Messi's influence was more and spread out over more games. You may say he did nothing in the semi but if you follow closely Netherlands went from a 3-4-3 to a 5-2-1-2 formation. That is some change. That is the impact he has on the game.

Yes he did. For the simple reason his efforts helped his team to reach the finals. If you look at their team on paper' date=' it would be easy to predict them not reaching last 4. You may say Muller's efforts won them the cup but Messi's influence was more and spread out over more games. You may say he did nothing in the semi but if you follow closely Netherlands went from a 3-4-3 to a 5-2-1-2 formation. That is some change. That is the impact he has on the game.[/quote'] I see your point but i feel other players were more deserving.. Robben/Muller/James Rodriguez Here is what I added in other thread..

I see your point but i feel other players were more deserving.. Robben/Muller/James Rodriguez Here is what I added in other thread..
Muler and Ozil play in the midfield while Messi plays as the centre forward so it makes sense for others to go back for support but if Messi goes back a long ball can go begging. Regarding captaincy, I guess it doesn't matter in football who is wearing the arm band.