Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

3 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Yea so he all of sudden bowls 10 over in high pressure match situation which his body isnt use to  and due to that get injured.

Genius plan ......dono ko 100 kodde 

You csnt rush him. Yes. Ease into it. Slowly built it up. 5 overs in one game

Then 6. Then 8. 10 etc. 

It has to be in phases. 

On 7/12/2022 at 8:23 AM, Jay said:

Yea but Dhoni was a poor captain for pacers. 

kohli ya kisi bhi IPL captain ne konsa back krlia umesh ko . Dhoni wasnt wrong regd aaron n umesh that they just dont bowl to their field and it becomes a nightmare for a captain. In long run he was proven right as their LOI career went nowhere for same reason. Pace is nothing without right length 

Only one pattern came out that he is best used as a pp bowler in IPL and wkts mostly came at one venue. He had to much downside. 

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

kohli ya kisi bhi IPL captain ne konsa back krlia umesh ko . Dhoni wasnt wrong regd aaron n umesh that they just dont bowl to their field and it becomes a nightmare for a captain. In long run he was proven right as their LOI career went nowhere for same reason. Pace is nothing without right length 

Only one pattern came out that he is best used as a pp bowler in IPL and wkts mostly came at one venue. He had to much downside. 

I agree. He is fine as a support seamer though. Just nor as a premium one. 

Either way our bowling is good. Just need to fix batting 

36 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

exactly he actually has been the most attacking bowler for us in ODI 

No one minds a bit of extra leaked runs if wkts come for that , neither he leaked like umesh use too 

Shami's exclusion from Odis is hard to understand. Last time he represented India was in that series down under when Smith was on a rampage. Even there he picked 3 wickets in one of the games. The series in India prior to that saw him nailing his yorkers at the death. 

I think Shami lost favour based on his T20 performances. Now the distinction is being made as we see with Prasidh and Harshal too.

4 minutes ago, Forward Defence said:

Shami's exclusion from Odis is hard to understand. Last time he represented India was in that series down under when Smith was on a rampage. Even there he picked 3 wickets in one of the games. The series in India prior to that saw him nailing his yorkers at the death. 

I think Shami lost favour based on his T20 performances. Now the distinction is being made as we see with Prasidh and Harshal too.

Shastri-Kohli's approach to test match bowling was good .... but it was quite poor in LOIs.

They always preferred economical pacers over wicket taking pacers in white ball cricket.

On 7/12/2022 at 8:48 AM, Forward Defence said:

and bhuvi was rewarded for his t20 bowling as ODI selection 

That TM hardly understood format difference 

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Love this pace attack of ....

Bumrah

Prasidh

Shami

Hardik

.... that we played today 

And the results are there for all to see.

We should play the same attack in TEST matches too.

shami is rather old; more often down on pace these days. agree with playing boom and prasidh. 3rd pacer should be conditions specific IMO. as for hardik, if his body can withstand load, he would be a good pick for 4th pacer. better than jaddu, who is essentially a batting AR outside SC

Just now, Vijy said:

shami is rather old; more often down on pace these days. agree with playing boom and prasidh. 3rd pacer should be conditions specific IMO. as for hardik, if his body can withstand load, he would be a good pick for 4th pacer. better than jaddu, who is essentially a batting AR outside SC

Today he really cranked in up in his second spell. The deliveries resulting in Buttler's wicket and specially the ones thereafter were very sharp.

8 minutes ago, Vijy said:

What I am observing is that Shami has picked up pace from the test series vs SL in 2022 and is back to his usual 135 k to 145 k that he bowled till end 2020. 

What he is doing less is that his usual 1 or 2 short balls per over is missing these days ( Although he tried a few today )

It's true that the old man may again lose pace if he stops sexting.

Edited by express bowling
Just now, express bowling said:

What I am observing is that Shami has picked up pace from the test series vs SL in 2022 and is back to his usual 135 k to 145 k that he bowled till end 2020. 

What he is doing less is that his usual 1 or 2 short balls per over is missing these days ( Although he tried a few today )

let's hope it stays that way. I was referring to him going down in pace in 2021 and part of 2022. given that he is in his late 30s, his pace is commendable

Shami is good wicket taking bowler and it all went good today..but with this bowling attack I see an issue with more flatter tracks..who will support Bumrah with good death bowling..in form Bhuvi was able to do that..but his fitness\pace etc everything is dropped..Shami bowls good yorkers..but overall he still leaks runs in death..he is just  not able to package his yorkers\slower ones\bouncers together in the death..one needs to have a very good\quick assesment of situation during that time..and plan\reacht accordingly..

If Prasidh can develop his death bowling he is going to be a great choice for us and automatic selection due to the height\bounce he gets..

Else..in absence of Bhuvi..I dont want them to pick Harshal just to support death bowling from other end..

On 7/12/2022 at 10:52 AM, Need4Speed said:

Shami is good wicket taking bowler and it all went good today..but with this bowling attack I see an issue with more flatter tracks..who will support Bumrah with good death bowling..in form Bhuvi was able to do that..but his fitness\pace etc everything is dropped..Shami bowls good yorkers..but overall he still leaks runs in death..he is just  not able to package his yorkers\slower ones\bouncers together in the death..one needs to have a very good\quick assesment of situation during that time..and plan\reacht accordingly..

If Prasidh can develop his death bowling he is going to be a great choice for us and automatic selection due to the height\bounce he gets..

Else..in absence of Bhuvi..I dont want them to pick Harshal just to support death bowling from other end..

harshal is a t20 bowler so they wont pick him 

As of now siraj n arshdeep are in squad so they look like backups and avesh wud be one , Thakur and deepak chahar wud be other guys

This looks to be what selectors have in mind but 1-2 changes will always keep happening 

On 7/12/2022 at 9:08 AM, Mosher said:

Ajay Jadeja was surprised with how many wickets Shami has taken and how quickly he has taken them. I think Shami has the best SR among Indian bowlers. Don't know what these guys are smoking.

if u have seen his cricbuzz show he actually has turned up drunk so many times so u can understand where half of it is coming from

jo hosh men cricket dekh li wo gyaan alag

jo behoshi men wo alag 

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

harshal is a t20 bowler so they wont pick him 

As of now siraj n arshdeep are in squad so they look like backups and avesh wud be one , Thakur and deepak chahar wud be other guys

This looks to be what selectors have in mind but 1-2 changes will always keep happening 

Siraj is again same issue..wont be able to contain batsmen once they start hitting him..I like Arshdeep(with left arm swing upfront) actually..though he is lesser in pace for my liking but if he can keep working on getting swing upfront..he will help in picking up wickets on top..and will complement Bumrah on death bowling..

without swing..we will lack penetration upfront..

Avesh..he is gun barrel straight..wicket taking ability + death bowling still questionable from my perspective

Thakur..I hate when he just floats the bowl and gets smacked easily..his slower ones may get you wickets but he goes for runs..

Chahar has been a major disappointment..due to his fragile body..I just dont picture him in the side..as you cant be sure about his availability most of the time

seeing the state of options we have..how badly I wanted Umran to do well..but alas..he still needs more work..

remaining options we have to prepare and groom them to work for us..Arshdeep+Prasidh to work and develop whatever skills they dont have..

I always wanted to see how Mohsin Khan performs at higher levels..wouldnt be a bad option if he is upto the mark in Internationals too..

15 minutes ago, Axl100mph said:

Bumrah and Shami is hands down the most watchable fast bowling duo today. Absolutely love watching them bowl. 
The fact that India have not won in South Africa and England with these two at their disposal is really a travesty.

Support cast was trash in both series. 

Siraj and thakur were excellent in England barring last test. Siraj just came off big hip flexor injury. 

Also in SA. Pitches kept getting better for batting. We were missing goof support as siraj was injured in test 2 and out in test 3. Had prasidh played, we would have won the series. He adds a different dimension with his height and bounce.