Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

4 hours ago, Jay said:

Can't believe the same guy bowled utter tripe in last test match. What happened there? 

Wibbled seam doesn't work in testss

That pitch was sitting up nicely in top of it he was limiting his bounce extraction by bowling wobbled

Variations,matter in lois with dynamic field restrictions

Tests you have build on your stock deliveries,he ignored his earlier skills and discipline there and more so his quickarm action adds to his variation in odis

22 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

It does work,depends on conditions ,last year siraj used it well in eng,but this year it didnt work.

Thats where likes of anderson are quite good,he tests out everything and sees what is working on the given day,siraj doesnt do that ,i think he will now completely give up on that 3/4 ball.

He was undone by a low slow pitch as well

Batsmen just had it too easy ,they had all the time to decide

On 7/23/2022 at 9:39 AM, express bowling said:

I saw his first 6 overs.

Prasidh is down on pace. I wouldn't say that he has become floaty but the extra pace and zip that he usually gets off the deck is down a bit.

But he was very economical in his first spell.

And looks like he has bowled a good enough last spell too.

Only 2 short balls in his 6th over went for 6s. Can happen on a sluggish pitch like this.

What worries me is his fitness ( as you rightly pointed out ).  Not able to bowl full steam in ODIs is not a good sign. What will happen in tests then !!

quite a shocking surprise, Prasidh in his second spell has been less than 137K...not acceptable.

he did not get any wickets too...

57 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

I saw 143 kph from Naseem. His action is still flawed with his front leg not aligned properly while landing.  But decent pace today unlike the trundling in the previous test  .

143 at 16, I am sure he'll hit 173 by the time he is 25  Jeff Thompson must be tensed about his mythical record.

15 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Prasidh is not playing 

Correct decision.

If you are not going to bowl with intensity and effort and have decided to bowl at a reduced pace then you should not be playing. 

he is almost 27 now. needs to put on some mass. he is seriously borderline anorexic. he has potential to be a very good test bowler. i still believe in him but attitude is something we cant really fix. ball is in his court. There is too much competition now. tyagi, sen, avesh (not convinced with tests but still), even saini is bowling well now, porel etc. 

i dont understand why they dont go all out with full intensity. You want to get picked over siraj or the other bowlers? need to step up. 

we badly need one tall bowler to compliment our deadly bumrah and siraj/shami combo. shami is also nearing 40 now.